• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wimbledon!

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anybody watching The Championships at the All England Tennis Club?

I actually have the good fortune to be going this year! I'll be in England for the month of July and realized it would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (note my location). I am going on Championship Sunday, hoping to buy a ticket online or if not, I will just get a grounds pass and watch on Henman Hill!

So pumped! On the men's side I don't really have any favorites since my boy Nadal dropped out, but I definitely want to see Federer in the final making a run at his 15th title. I suppose Federer-Roddick would be ideal, gotta pull for USA. I'm Disappointed James Blake lost but he's best on hardcourts. On the women's I am all about some Williams sisters. It's crazy that they continue to win when they've seemed utterly distracted from the game for like five years.

Here's to a rousing two weeks!

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Federer Wins 15!

Roger Federer beat Andy Roddick 5-7, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (5), 3-6, 16-14 on Wimbledon's Centre Court. Beating Pete Sampras' previous record of 14 Grand Slam titles.

Good job man, you deserve it.

EDIT: Thanks mod for merging this, sorry I completely forgot about this thread.

D

Deleted member

That 5th was amazing! 16-14, holy crap! That was one of the best matches in recent memory. I could tell Roddick was starting to fall apart on the 24th game of the 5th which made me sad, cause I'm a big Roddick fan.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Roddick still played a hell of a tournament. He should be a contender for a bit if he keeps that form.

n88

Smash Lord
I wish Roddick had won. Oh well. It's hard to put up a better fight than that.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Roddick still played a hell of a tournament. He should be a contender for a bit if he keeps that form.
So true. I've never been a really big tennis guy, but the past 2 years or so I've watched a lot of it. Roddick did play extremely well. What happened to Djokovic? He got simply outplayed.

Top Bottom