• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will your Girlfriend play Brawl with you?

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Somehow, I'm utterly unsurprised at (some of) the sexist observations and points-of-view in this thread. Hell, the OP itself operates under the condition that girls only get into games "through their boyfriends." Oh, how soon we forget that not all girls have boyfriends--yet still like video games! Just because a female Smasher doesn't post here doesn't mean she doesn't exist. I can think of a handful of friends off the top of my head--girls, to clarify--that are eagerly awaiting Smash, and I had little to no influence in the matter.
There are dumb people everywhere, there are just diffrent kinds of stupidty in diffrent places. Don't be so suprised :(

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
if you are a girl and play smash AND come here then you are unfortunately a HUGE minority (oxymoron lol) no one (maybe some jerks) really say what is true/they feel. The just like to get cheap laughs from internet people so their e-penor will grow.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps the thread title should be changed to 'will your significant other play brawl with you' to not offend others.

Aosagi

Smash Rookie
Well, Mine probably will. However much my constant obsession with this game has turned her off slightly (this happened with WOW but now we go on Raids together heh).

Gindler

Smash Champion
A boy (18, not really man) can dream. I wish the girls I hang out with played video games, but they're too into going to shows/concerts and watch a bunch of guys play instruments rather than play video games "/. what is the world coming to?

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
I know enough girls to play SSB ^^ including my girlfriends til now. Gamer chicks are the best thing on earth *drollz*

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
even though my gf has gotten mad over my obsession with brawl, shes excited for it to come out so we can play the SSE together. its cute, cuz shes sad becuz Issac didnt make it as a playable character ^^

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
My girlfriend loves Melee, but only on a casual level (too casual, I'd say... Hyrule-Temple-kind-of-casual *shudders*) which is fine by me since I never tried to play it competitvely so-to-speak. However, with Brawl, that's a different matter. *shrug* But I'm sure we'll still play plenty of casual games, at least for a few weeks 'til she gets a bit bored, then I can start the intense training of myself :p

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Considering my girlfriend is the one that introduced me to Melee, I don't think I'll have to worry about her not playing and enjoying Brawl.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
There are dumb people everywhere, there are just diffrent kinds of stupidty in diffrent places. Don't be so suprised :(
No, I know, and it's not as though SWF has been idiot-free at some point. It just seems as though the idiocy level has seen an exponential increase in recent months--hell, recent weeks, even.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
My girlfriend won't even exist, let alone play Brawl. I'm like, *****, try being tangible. And she's like, "What's with you and me needing to exist. Can't you love me for who I am?"

Then my therapist writes something in his notepad and gives me special candy.
this post made my day lol

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
What are these girls you talk of?
Mythological creatures. There are some in Smash Bros aswell, but they are so rare that Sakurai could not imagine putting more than 4 in. That's right, people didn't want there to be too many "girls" in Brawl, there are too many sword users as it is, but having too many girls is just not on.

I also think it might be because Sakurai is very wary of them.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Aeris: I try.

SN3S: Thanks, ironically enough, I had this username before the term was a smash term. It's my handle as a mugen creator, and came from god knows how many classic Capcom fighters.

Also, exfoliating does help with the acne, and I recommend a deep sea mineral scrub. That, or an oatmeal based soap. Cooking is fun because it's 10:30 in the AM here, and I'm having a nice Fusilli Rosa for brunch, while still playing teh smash.
1. Yeah, that's why I knew it: I play a ton of fighters. *Remembers the crazy SVChaos announcer*

2. Thanks for the tip :laugh: And ****, Fusilli Rosa? You got skills man...

Sliq

Smash Master
Well, first of all, of course I'm not drunk--I detest alcohol. :)

And, yes, such depravity DOES exist on the internet--but not here. I am likewise offended by such videos on principle, but I would only encounter them were I to actively seek them. Here, however, the issue at hand (sexism, in some form) occurs in an environment that I do frequent, one that I choose (or chose) to be a part of. In this way I feel obligated to express my discontent with the situation at hand.

Both situations offend my sensibilities; the latter applies to me more directly because it is pervading a community that I enjoy--or once enjoyed, perhaps.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
My fianccee doesn't get it off the bat so she doesn't like it. I've been telling her Brawl is a new game and she should have a good chance. I'm glad I have her slightly excited for Brawl, it's hard to do. Part of the problem is we need a bigger tv. She has bad eyesight.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
My girlfriend is very excited about Brawl. I got her into gaming with World of Warcraft, then I bought her a DS, Brain Age, and some other games. Then I let her try my Nintendo Wii.

This is probably one of the best times to get your girlfriend into gaming. WoW and the Nintendo DS will hook most people, male or female.

Top Bottom