• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
i would defenitly not bring a DS i would just bring a chair soda and some chips and maybe order some pizza out of gamestop and wait the moments till i get brawl!

Gralco

Smash Cadet
this is what will happen

11:59PM

Everyone that has waiting for Brawl to come out has been waiting for almost 3 hours now. While they do look calm, but is simply because 5 people have just been shot from "Eternal Phoenix Fire". While everything is getting very suspenseful with only 10

(11:59:50)

seconds on the clock they await their destine. A security man walks up to the door and says to all the "loser" (I'll be there too btw) "looks like were all out", BANG!, he gets shot by Eternal Phoenix Fire and dies. Although afterwards everyone realises that the man was just joking around and someone starts to brake down and cry BANG right in their the face this time, this is getting out of hand.

12:05 madness

The "Manager" of this gamestop walks to the door with blood on his foot in a very scared manner and says we found the games. The man with the gun walks in first as all the others are 50ft behind, as they walk in the door they see all the games on the floor next the cashier and smile? The cashier starts handing Mr. Phoenix the most amazing game "Super Smash Brothers Brawl" the world explodes, everyone died exept for Will Smith. (i pee myself)

THE END

btw he was suposed to be the first on in the world to get it

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
lol I think ill just wait till 11:50 then go and pick up my copy. I camped for TP and Wii and I could have just gone at 11:50 and It would have been the same. I would still get the games both ways
How did that work out if midnight releases are only for reservations?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If I camp out, Ill bring my DS and my homies!

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I don't see this game being wanted on a level where Wii's, Halo 3, etc where (I was in line for a Wii last month, there were over 40 people at gamespot at 6am, I was lucky enough to be 4th in line, 11 people didn't get Wii's :( ). But maybe I'm wrong, but all the same I'm still going to Gamespot to get my reserved Brawl plus my friend's Brawls...sa...ya. So thats three hardcore Smashbros players...plus my best friends GF, my GF, and 2 other friends that are decent at melee. Only thing I will be bringing as for as food/entertainment/etc goes is exactly what i brough for my Wii..

- Dunkin Doughnuts Coffee

All set!

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
If you preorder, you get a copy regardless, if you don't, you will not get it on the first day, regardless of your place in line, therefore, why camp out?

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
If you preorder, you get a copy regardless, if you don't, you will not get it on the first day, regardless of your place in line, therefore, why camp out?
Probably the same reason why I am gonna camp out...with just coffee..

Because every second I don't have Brawl I'm that much closer to going crazy.

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
I seriously feel sorry for everyone that has to camp out for this game. In my city, Mario or the Wii or Nintendo for that matter is not popular at all. I never have to wait for anything. There are still many copies of Super Mario Galaxy in Wal Mart in the same spot. Wiis barely sell, and there are even still a few N64 games behind the glass. My chances of getting any game for the Wii is almost perfect, so I guess I don't have to camp out. I don't even know anyone else with a Wii besides myself.

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
you guys are SOOOOOO lucky!!!! My gamestop doesn't even open until 10am!!! Oh and a guy working for gamestop said feb. 7..... does this mean when the Gamestop gets it, cause it seems weird they would wait 3 days to release, but website says feb10...

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
I think I have class that day anyway, so I'll just pickup Brawl on my way home. I reserved the game at Gamestop and I have a feeling that there will be enough copies to go around.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It's on a Sunday, and why would I camp on Brawl when I already reserved the game and pick it up at a later time when the line isn't so full?

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Don't need to camp out since I reserved the game... I think the game is coming out a day or 2 after the release date over here in the West Coast of America...

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
revitalizing an old discussion: does the fact that there are gigantic lines and shortages in japan effect your decision about camping out?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna get up like thirty minutes before Gamestop opens, drive over there, and then, right as it opens and the Gamestop employees go "Okay, who had pre-orders?", I'll just waltz over and pick up my copy and piss off everyone who have been waiting since the night before.

Suckers.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna get up like thirty minutes before Gamestop opens, drive over there, and then, right as it opens and the Gamestop employees go "Okay, who had pre-orders?", I'll just waltz over and pick up my copy and piss off everyone who have been waiting since the night before.

Suckers.
That plan would work as long as 50 other people before you don't answer to the question too. ;)

Well, since I moved since I pre-ordered the game I have to get up hella early and make a drive (about an hour) down to the one I reserved it at. I reserved it back for the DEC release, so I think I'll be good. Will I camp out? My answer is still no unless some of the other AZ smashers are.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya there\'s never any pre game release madness in my area so i\'m going to wait till the morning and then go out and get the game and unfortunately probebly go to work and then play it after work maybe well see what happens.

Sparkchu

Smash Apprentice
I have a week off from school the day this game releases, so:

a) if the store opens at midnight, I can immediately pick of the game and play the first hour.
or

b) if not, I can pick up the game when the store opens.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Someone bring a flat screen tv, a wii, and a power generator and we'll Melee all night long lol.

But I probably won't camp out. Pre-ordered and all....then again it is Spring Break so I won't have to skip class...hmmm

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
I preordered it at circuit city...obviously no big competition there...(I was first to preorder so it's garunteed on the 9th anyway...) So I won't camp out...I just wake up, go to circuit city, pick up the game....and play some brawls.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I won't camp out but the majority of our crew will be up Target a few hours before the store opens. If worse comes to worse, I have a reservation at the EB like one minute away.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I dunno yet. I've pre-ordered but I might just do it anyway, like a lot of other people. If I do end up going I'll bring my DS and a backpack full of drinks with a friend of mine. Probably my skateboard, too.

2Shea

Smash Rookie
My Gamestop has over 200 reserves lol, and they have no idea how many they will be getting in their initial shipment.

So yeah I'll have to get there at night on the 8th (if they do a midnight opening, which is currently planned) or pretty early in the morning (if they do an early opening).

S0KZ

Smash Cadet
I'll probably be in the mall a couple hours earlier playing the brawl demo (if they have it). Good thing is I won't have to wait out in the cold, because my Gamestop is having a midnight release inside a warm and cozy mall ;D.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Of course I won't camp out for Brawl.
I'm slightly more intelligent than the average bear and I pre-ordered. Duh.

Top Bottom