• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you be dropping the 3DS for Wii U?

Will you drop the 3DS version when Wii U get's released?

• Yes

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • I'll still play both, but 3DS more

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I'll still play both, but Wii U more

Votes: 76 57.6%

• Total voters

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Possibly. I'm already kind of feeling burned out on the 3DS version but, then again, that probably has to do more with me trying to beat Smash Run and Classic Mode with everyone as quickly as possible than anything else.

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yes, almost entirely.

I'll play 3DS version when I don't have access to a WiiU. Otherwise, WiiU version all the way.

Chilex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chilex
Even if I had a 3DS, I don't ever see myself ever playing it once the Wii U version comes out. The Wii U version is also going to support off-TV play (gamepad will act as the TV), making it even less likely for me to play the 3DS version. The only time I would ever play the 3DS version after the release of SSBU is if I have access to the 3DS but not the WiiU.

(I don't have a 3DS in case anyone reading this hasn't figured that out yet.)

Last edited:

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
I'll probably play the 3DS version more competitively (due to portability), and the Wii U version more casually.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
I'll probably play the Wii U version more until the New Nintendo 3DS comes out worldwide. Even then, I'll still play both versions because having Smash on the go is too much to lose and having the Wii U version is good because of the GameCube controller support and the HD graphics.

FlaygletheBagel

Smash Cadet
NNID
AmateurSalad8
3DS FC
5429-7042-7857
I digital downloaded the crap out of the 3DS one, so the only dropping I'll be doing with it is none.

Smash is my favorite game series, so I think I'll get a lot of longevity out of both versions. Wii U will most definitely be my main version though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom