• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will the english version have a japanese language option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if the English version of brawl will have a japanese language option? I like all of the characters japanese voices and battlecries, like pits side special when he goes "Eineineinei!"

Anyone know if the english version is gonna have this option or not?

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
Well... the English version isn't out yet so I say that no one outside of Sora knows.

All the leaks we have now are just from the Japanese version and so we technically have no information on what the English version will include

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
I'm putting my money on a yes. If the Japanese have both Japanese and English versions of songs, why can't we plus more?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I'm thinking no.

why is that?

well the Japanese Melee had English, yet the Japanese Brawl does not.

I'm assuming it will work the same way around.

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling that it won't have a Japanese option. Given the larger amount of characters with different voices(especially the Pokemon), the fact that there's three Star Fox characters who have sets of vocalized taunt conversations and Snake who gets several lines per opponent character, that'd alone be a lot of audio to have two languages of compared to Melee. Kirby Air Ride, which features NO voice work, not even for Kirby, didn't feature a Japanese option, so it's possible that after Melee that ability was removed. Brawl also has two layers, but the second houses (near?) full screen FMV videos... It's also possible they'd have to redo the audio in many of the videos, when they feature grunts and attack voices for characters with different voices. I'm guessing they wouldn't be able to fit all that comfortably.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Melee came out a week after the japan release because all they had to do was turn the default language setting to something else.

Brawl is obviously taking longer for a reason, and if we were to have both english and japanese options, I'm pretty confident the current japanese release would have both options too, which it doesn't, as far as we know.

XACE-K

Smash Master
The Japanese version has no language change option so the English version probably won't.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that japanese language is included. But with the Japanese version having only one language, it looks unlikely (Espcially after hearing that the Japanese melee had an English version).
Hopefully, one of the reason for the delay is to include Japanese language....

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
It is very unfortunate, but all current signs right now point to having no Japanese option in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom