• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Kirby ever win a National?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
It seems like it is impossible for Kirby to win a National.

Massive

Smash Champion
No.

Kirby can't win a national.
The best he can do is be used in the bracket during someone's national-winning run.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
What if Armada calls hungrybox double blind Nesscounterpick with a Kirby lol? Thought of that scenario?

Triple R

Smash Lord
Well I just went even with the 7th ranked person on FoxLisk's Elo rankings last weekend. :rolleyes: How much harder could it be? :awesome:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The best I ever did was take 2nd in SoCal. A lot of big WC players entered like Mango and DBR's Zelgadis, Isai, and DSF, but no EC players attended that I know of.

Spyro

Smash Ace
Right now I think it's possible (but unlikly with ICs and lower) to win a national with Luigi or better but if Kirby won a national that would be awesome, but I don't think it will ever happen.

:phone:

odinNJ

Smash Lord
i think that if we saw kirby place top 30 at a national that would be good enough. also weeg is the worst character who i would say has a shot at winning a national.

even though KK or somebody will probably scoff at this post.

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
Kirby was my favourite character when I first played Smash Bros xD Maybe if you could select Metal Kirby He'd win ;)

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Terrorist Kirby. Only suicide kills? Goin' to Green Greens for the bombs? Still won't happen.
I think the only low tiers that have a chance these days are: Pikachu, DK, Luigi, and Young Link. Zelda gets some reps. Mewtwo gets some love. Even Ness gets pulled out a bit. Kirby? Only as a larf. Come at me Kirby mains. I totally suck at this game.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
idk, i think mango could win fair and square. there hasnt been enough armada vs mango in tourneys yet, mango might win the next one. i have faith in him.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
meh.... he started playing again though. thats kinda cool. I think he may get serious again for awhile.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Thats what i meant, if he actualy buckled down until apexx 2013 he could do it.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Vs ffers you could gay it by sucking and running off or punishing if they break out

But against floaties there's just no way
So you had better hope nobody plays jiggs or g&w or something at the national

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Noone plays G&W. Jiggs and you're screwed though, unless they spam Rollout and you go pancake form but who's stupid enough to let6 you do that?
Besides, when you're only slightly squished you seem to become a fast faller and that totally messes up Kirby's game.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Vs ffers you could gay it by sucking and running off or punishing if they break out

But against floaties there's just no way
So you had better hope nobody plays jiggs or g&w or something at the national

I'm pretty sure the fast fallers give Kirby more trouble than other floaties.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The floaties are slower and actually let Kirby play footsie because they don't just wildly out-maneuver him and fish for openings that way while simultaneously never committing.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
If the Kirby mains is at the same prowess of the likes of Mango, M2K, PeePee, Hbox, and Armada, and the all the entrants were mediocre mains of fastfallers, Kirby might have a chance at breaking through pools : ).

Top Bottom