• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will getting the 3DS Version Spoil the Wii U Version?

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
So I cannot decide if I wanna buy the 3DS version. I do not wanna get it if it is going to make the Wii U version less fun. So what do you guys think, would getting the 3DS version make the Wii U version less enjoyable?

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
The Wii U version will have exclusive modes, different stages, a better control scheme, more control options, will be in hd, and in general will have more crap than the 3ds version.

If anything, the 3ds version is the perfect way to contain your hype so the days don't go by slower.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
If anything, only the characters will be spoiled. That's really it, if Classic Mode remains the same in Wii U, that will be spoiled a bit as well. Otherwise, the Wii U is different in so many ways that you're pretty safe even if you buy the 3DS version. No one has a clue what's in store on Wii U.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
The Wii U version will have exclusive modes, different stages, a better control scheme, more control options, will be in hd, and in general will have more crap than the 3ds version.

If anything, the 3ds version is the perfect way to contain your hype so the days don't go by slower.
I have never thought of it like that, but it does make a lot of sense. I do need to find a distraction for the final days before release.

Raijinken

Smash Master
If you already have a 3DS, I'd recommend it. You'll be able to get used to the mechanics pre-U version, and as mentioned, can use it to contain your hype.

Top Bottom