• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will falco make it to Brawl?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
My opinion differs, but like yours, it's just an opinion and therefore has no real arguing potential.
I was actually only going to do one Falco quote to Wolf's "You're good, but I'm better" since that seems to be his most popular one. But Falco had so many good ones, I couldn't pick...weird that that is the only one you said was worse than Falcos. :ohwell:

OH! I forgot the best Falco quote of all: (sarcastic tone) "Fox! You're supposed to shoot them all!"

JPW

Smash Ace
if Falco doesn't make it there'd be a great chance he'd be an assist trophy.
He could just come in and shoot from a rocket launcher I reckon.

But i'm pretty sure Falco will make the roster, however I'm hoping for a new moveset.

The only way I see Falco getting cut is that both Wolf and Krystal make it in. Whereas if it's other Krystal or Wolf, Falco could be in along with them.

Here's what I see

Fox, Krystal, Falco
Assist Trophy - Wolf

Osi

Smash Ace
I love to use falco, but I don't think he needs another time in smash. If they make big changes to take him from being a clone to a character with a unique move list I would retract that statement in a heartbeat. His actual character is really funny, I only wish his taunt when fox on screen would reflect it more.

xstompx

Smash Cadet
I like Falco more than Fox, but, since I don't see Fox being taken out for the next installment, I wouldn't mind see Falco go. I'm not really a fan of clones, though, so I guess if he could diversify himself more from Fox, then he could stay.

Edit: In other words, see Osi's post :-)

Joseph1594

Smash Rookie
I bet he will be in the game, he probably will have a different moveset, and he might be nerfed, or some characters will be buffed. I'm pretty sure Falco will be in it because he is probably the main Star Fox Team Member of course after Fox, and of course, he is popular.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I think he'll get the boot, frankely.
Unless the revampe his moveset, and de-clone him, then I doubt will see Falco make a return to smash.
But mabye thats just me.

Weed

Smash Lord
Assist trophy ftw!

Seriously though, they should at least make him have a better recovery than Fox...he's a bird. Agreeing also with regards to statements about his need of a unique moveset.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
How come most of the arguments I see for Falco getting the boot is "he's a clone"? While I already gone into a bit of details of how different his play style is, I'll just briefly bring it up again. Are most of you "he's a clone lol" people missing the fact that Falco's play style is so much different from Fox's? Does he really need a new move set when he plays quite differently enough from Fox as it already is?

everlasting yay

Smash Ace
Why is that most of the people saying Falco will get the boot are uh...NOOBS? Majority of you have joined THIS month, and pretty much SUCK at Melee...hey. Why do you guys have anything to say? Most of you guys suck at the game, how do you know anything about Falco, his style or anything? Gosh.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Assist trophy ftw!

Seriously though, they should at least make him have a better recovery than Fox...he's a bird. Agreeing also with regards to statements about his need of a unique moveset.
"Are you going to listen to that monkey?"

Why is that most of the people saying Falco will get the boot are uh...NOOBS? Majority of you have joined THIS month, and pretty much SUCK at Melee...hey. Why do you guys have anything to say? Most of you guys suck at the game, how do you know anything about Falco, his style or anything? Gosh.
Ouch. That's harsh. :p

Anyway, I really see no need to take him out. Keep him in exactly how he was as a clone. Who cares? I just want him to be in. If he gets a new moveset, too, well then, that's just extra cheese on top. I really see no REAL reason to take him out because he is the most popular Starfox character (those perverted furry-lovers don't count). Anyway, he should be in cuz he's awesome.

To quote our fine-feathered friend: “Let me have a piece of that action, Fox!”

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Honestly I hope he is in brawl, I don't see any reason for him not to be. I think he will be changed a bit, maybe not completely, but enough for his play style and approach to be really different. I main falco now, but I'm most likely going Samus/Zsamus for the brawl. I personally think that Falco, Wolf, and Krystal all have good potential and could very well make it into the game. Whoever said that only 3 max should make it in from one franchise is stupid. I mean, look at the mushroom kingdom universe. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, and kinda sorta Doc. Thats a pretty healthy chunk of the roster. We'll at least see 2 of the SF characters, but chances are it will be 3 or 4 of them.

Osi

Smash Ace

<<just joined after lurking for months.... so I guess I'm one of those noobs you are talking to yeh? That statement was a bit harsh.

I play against a falco/samus player every day, so I've seen his movements and style often. His dif jump speed and laser stun do set him apart a bit. So does the shine hitting the player up instead of down, and a nice dspike. Those things do set him apart from fox well, but they do share so many moves. The entire B and A movesets are almost the same (though some like down B and dair do effect the enemy different). I think that is more than enough reason to call him a clone. I personally like the character more than his move list, so I hope he can return with more moves of his own. I don't think he will return if they decide not to try and make a new move list for him.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Fox is Luke Skywalker. Falco is Han Solo.

You can't get rid of Han Solo.

:)
That is the most awesome reason I've ever heard for keeping Falco Lombardi. :laugh:

Of all the "clones", I'd like to keep Falco the most. It's probably a sentimental attachment to the Star Fox series, I'll admit it. I'm not a lady without bias. (I'd like to keep Ganondorf too, if they retooled his attacks to something a little more fitting. Give me that huge sword!)

I don't think they'd completely cut Falco out from the picture. If he doesn't stay as a playable character, he's got to be around for the assist trophies. He's too cool to lose.

On a side note--I think Slippy could be the Goldeen of assist trophies. :chuckle: Sorry, Slip.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
maybe they could more luigify him by like changing his >B move or something.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
It may seem strange that a fox can go further then a bird (regarding the recovery), but think about it, what other actual weaknesses does Falco have?

<<just joined after lurking for months.... so I guess I'm one of those noobs you are talking to yeh? That statement was a bit harsh.

I play against a falco/samus player every day, so I've seen his movements and style often. His dif jump speed and laser stun do set him apart a bit. So does the shine hitting the player up instead of down, and a nice dspike. Those things do set him apart from fox well, but they do share so many moves. The entire B and A movesets are almost the same (though some like down B and dair do effect the enemy different). I think that is more than enough reason to call him a clone. I personally like the character more than his move list, so I hope he can return with more moves of his own. I don't think he will return if they decide not to try and make a new move list for him.
He said the majority, not everyone, like me, since we know each other in real life. The thing is, many of the people in this topic (and Brawl discussion) are wrong about many things when it comes to Melee, like acting like Falco is hardly any different from Fox.

Still not sure if I can agree with the clone reasoning, since sure his A moves have a lot more in common with Fox's then his B moves, but their still set apart quite a bit. For example, Fox is much more likely to finish with an up smash while Falco is more likely to use a forward Smash. The differences in the moves he does have I would argue change his playing style too much to be considered a clone, even with similar A moves. It's not like they can't change some of his lesser trademark moves, but even as he stands now in Melee, him and Fox are played very differently.

DarkLordKefka

Smash Cadet
I've been playing around with the idea that Fox, Wolf, and Krystal will make it in, while falco will be an AT, either in Arwing or with his rockets from Assault.

As much as I would like to continue maining him, I just don't think its his time anymore.

A-Laon

Smash Master
There's really no good reason for any original character to not return, and Falco definitely ranks high in originality. In the StarFox series, Fox and Falco are strikingly different characters with great contrast in their personalities. While Fox is consistently the love-sick authoritarian leader, Falco plays the part as the obstanant smack-talking rebel, constantly leading to disputes between the two. What's more, in reference to actual gameplay, despite having the label of "clones," they're both played with radically different styles and are mostly incomparable. Falco offers a contrasting persona and a totally different playstyle from Fox, so his originality should be enough to score him a spot on Brawl's roster.

Now, assuming Falco makes a return, we're then faced with the whole "de-cloning" issue. There's really no need to make drastic changes in Falco's abilities due his afforementioned differences in playstyle. If Sakurai is so exceptionally devoted to ensuring that no two characters share a neutral air, then trying to put any decent quantity of characters in the game will create a mess of senseless movesets. The only thing that should dictate the label of "clone" is how the character actually functions, and seeing as Falco functions entirely differently from his counter-part, there isn't any reasonable need to alter him too greatly. Unfortunately, this lies entirely at the mercy of Sakurai's desires.

...doesn't really matter though. I just want Ganondorf.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Appose to what everyone says, I doubt Wolf(or even Krystal) would get in before Falco. He was added becuase how popular the franchise is and is probobly the most popular clone. He also plays an importaint role in the scheme of things. He's almost like Fox's right hand man. While a loner he and Falco seemmto be good friends(mostly becuase he dosn't suck at flying like Peppy and Slippy).

I think Wolf is a bit exaggerated though. To the story, and importance, Krystal and the rest of the team were more promedent to the progression of the game then Wolf. I won't spoil anything, but play Assault and Command and you'll see his importaince is connected to other characters. I think that it will be Fox, Falco, and Krystal.

Also, if Slippy is an assist trophy he should mess up and hurt you.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You know, guys...has it ever occurred to anyone that it makes sense that Falco and Fox have a similar moveset? I mean...they were in the same starfleet and have likely trained together for years. They would likely have the same training as one another.

But, I guess since he has abandoned StarFox, maybe he could revamp his style a little bit...hate to say it but, "Luigify" him a bit.

In any case...when is he going to get his own game for crying out loud??

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Simple, yet a good point that hasn't been brought up yet in this mess of "he's a clone, get rid of him!" The same also holds true for Luigi in regards to Mario. Hmm... Falco with his own game.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Eh a Falco game seems highly doubtful to me. What I'd like to see is another masterpiece like Star Fox 64, none of this garbage we've been getting.

Osi

Smash Ace
Eh a Falco game seems highly doubtful to me. What I'd like to see is another masterpiece like Star Fox 64, none of this garbage we've been getting.

Indeed, it would be a sight for sore eyes. I only wish they would go back to the style of the original starfox game. I loved it so much.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You know, guys...has it ever occurred to anyone that it makes sense that Falco and Fox have a similar moveset? I mean...they were in the same starfleet and have likely trained together for years. They would likely have the same training as one another.

But, I guess since he has abandoned StarFox, maybe he could revamp his style a little bit...hate to say it but, "Luigify" him a bit.

In any case...when is he going to get his own game for crying out loud??
You make a good point. But also, Luigi and Mario are similar, yet different. I think either way is fine. It wouldn't be bad if he stayed the same as he is a good deal different from Fox in terms of style

As for his own game, I can dig it. I mean, there is a 7 year(thanks Rare, we didn't need 7 years) gap between 64 and Adventure. Maybe make a side game depicting what he did for those years.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
As for his own game, I can dig it. I mean, there is a 7 year(thanks Rare, we didn't need 7 years) gap between 64 and Adventure. Maybe make a side game depicting what he did for those years.
He was shooting bad guys and frenching hot chicks. 'Cause that's the way Lombardi rolls! *cue cheezy knock-off Bond music here*

The way Rare did things, we're lucky Falco didn't end up as a carbonate statue. (Which brings us back to how Falco = Han . . .) I liked Star Fox Adventures until the last 15 minutes . . .I want my fight with General Scales!!! GRRR!! Assault was okay, but not really stellar . . .and I should get around to playing Command, but it looks frightening.

Oops, spoiler. Oh well.

All we can do is keep our fingers crossed, I guess.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I thought Command was supposed to be like that?? I don't know though because I haven't played it.

Anyway, I agree that there needs to be a new one, though, but I think your best bet would be a Falco-led game because apparently Fox retires after Command, and Falco continues to serve in a starfleet.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Command is definitely the best since 64 if you're a devotee to the series. I highly recommend it to any fans who haven't played it. For the record, there are a number of endings to Command that can be achieved after multiple plays through the game by exploring different mission choices, but in the one official ending that follows the storyline:
Krystal leaves the squad to join Star Wolf, Fox falls into depression, and Falco wants to kill more people. Kewl.

If Falco were to get his own game I'd **** myself in joy. He'd make the perfect star for a future Grand Theft Auto.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Command is definitely the best since 64 if you're a devotee to the series. I highly recommend it to any fans who haven't played it. For the record, there are a number of endings to Command that can be achieved after multiple plays through the game by exploring different mission choices, but in the one official ending that follows the storyline:
Krystal leaves the squad to join Star Wolf, Fox falls into depression, and Falco wants to kill more people. Kewl.

If Falco were to get his own game I'd **** myself in joy. He'd make the perfect star for a future Grand Theft Auto.
More reason why Krystal shouldn't be in the game. What a ****.

Anyway...I'd die if there was a Falco game; that'd be so sweet. That guy was my favorite character of the series the first time his little icon blipped on the screen in SF64. (I hadn't played the SNES version before that.)

Viroxor

Smash Ace
*Is in total agreement with the grim lizard*

In one ending, he
recruits Katt and Dash to make his own team, Star Falco.
In another one,
Krystal joins Star Wolf and becomes Panther's *****, Fox gets depressed, and Falco helps him by turning their ships into racers so they can own the Cap'n in F-Zero.
And then there's the one where
Fox's son, Slippy's (not sure, think it was his niece), and Peppy's (I think it was someone related to Peppy) make a new team years later, and Falco joins as the resident old guy.

Although most people probably already read it, the paragraph above contains enough spoilers to blow a building in half. The first one rocks, though. Star Falco for the win!

I always spout out Falco's SF64 lines when playing as him anyway.

Teammate: *Throws bob-omb, misses and hits me instead*
Me: Hey Einstein! I'm on your side!

Teammate: *Hits enemy behind me*
Me: I guess I should be thankful.

Teammate: *Gets saved by me*
Me: I guess it's your turn to be thankful.

But I'm the only one who gets the reference. I just wish I could get the little text box with his face to appear when I say it.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I always spout out Falco's SF64 lines when playing as him anyway.

Teammate: *Throws bob-omb, misses and hits me instead*
Me: Hey Einstein! I'm on your side!

Teammate: *Hits enemy behind me*
Me: I guess I should be thankful.

Teammate: *Gets saved by me*
Me: I guess it's your turn to be thankful.

But I'm the only one who gets the reference. I just wish I could get the little text box with his face to appear when I say it.
*high fives*

Falco quotes FTW!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Falco was my back up character and was never REALLY good with him, just had quite a feel with him. Hope he comes back and he better...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i think the developers realized putting ditto characters wasnt really flattering. falco wont make the cut
If your point is that clones won't be in Brawl, I think you're mistaken.

Besides, even if they were to have the epiphany to totally removes clones, they could still include Falco with a new moveset.

Falco better make it. I wasn't worried about him before, but with Wolf and Krystal replacement talk floating around, I'm starting to feel less sure. Falco is, without a doubt, all stats/moves/tier crap aside, my favorite character in Melee. I'd be crushed if he got axed for Krystal (same goes for Wolf, but I could tolerate it better).

Repryx

Smash Champion
If he is he needs his adventures outfit. But it seems 50/50 now I HOPE they put him in or I'll need a new Main (and I cant accept that)

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
If falco is kept and changed he must keep his dair spike, i loved how quick and effective it was

Top Bottom