• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiiUu wiimote problems when playing P:M and Brawl

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Ive searched google and it seems im not the only one with this issue. It also seems like there is more than one cause. sometimes its IR interference and some times its bluetooth interference i guess?
Heres an example of the issue: I'll be running in smash brothers and my character will just randomly stop moving and slide (like i let go of the directional button). When i'm holding down and crouching my character will crouch for a few seconds and then start popping up and down (while I'm holding down the entire time). Other times it will input 2 jumps when i only press jump once.
This happens with both my wiimotes. 1 is a regular non motion plus, and the other is a blue motion plus. I bought these wiimotes a few years apart and have never had a problem with either of them. things i have tried to resolve the issue are:
-resyncing wiimotes
-changing their batteries
-deleting all wiimote parings from the wiiu and re-pairing
-changing the sensor bar sensitivity
-turning off my wireless router
-turning off my macbooks bluetooth
-putting my phone in airplane mode
-turning off and unplugging wireless keyboard from my pc
-putting the wiimote right next to the wiiU and using a classic controller
-making sure my PC does not have bluetooth natively ( i figured maybe it was supplying a tiny bit of power to a bluetooth chip inside so it was able to be turned on from a bluetooth device, but now i know for sure it doesn't have bluetooth).
-repairing wiimotes when im in vWii mode
How can i isolate what is interfering with my blutooth connection? or how can i isolate my wiiU from whatever is inadvertently causing this interference?
I've since tried wrapping my wiiu in foil just to see it if it had any effect...it did not.
Thanks for any input at all guys!

SOLVED: having any non-motion plus wiimote synced to the wiiU was causing the issue. Even if the wiimotes weren't being actively used in the game. The issue was only in smash brothers brawl, any other wii game has played fine with the WiiU so far. Weird. Thanks for your help everyone!

waitreally

Smash Rookie
I'm having that same issue; however, all my Wii Remotes are brand new Wii Remote Plus controllers.... :\

Top Bottom