• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wiimotion+ and Hackless version of Project M

FlameEliwood

Smash Rookie
Much like another existing thread let me make this one kind of clear. When I start Project M through the hackless version of it ((Wifi-safe edition. I like to be able to play online with friends)) and start up to Gecko OS, EVERY controller that I have that has Wii Motion Plus BUILT INTO THE CONTROLLER the light that signifies that it is connected to my Wii AND Wii U (I tested it on both consoles) blacks out, and will no longer work. This is something that ONLY happens to my Wii remotes that had Wii Motion Plus BUILT IN in the controller. If it was one that had the accessory or no Wii motion plus at all, it was fine and worked on the gecko OS. But for all of the ones that were built in, it turned off my remotes and then never turned back on. I tried re-syncing the controllers but that did absolutely nothing.

I tried redownloading Project M, but this still did nothing. I think this is an issue that needs to be fixed. A lot of new Wii remotes have the Wii motion plus built in and yet this issue is not always addressed. Is there any way around this issue?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
This is a Gecko problem not a Project M problem. Nintendo "hack-proofed" their new Wii-motes to not work with gecko (Why they didn`t just release an online update to do the same thing is beyond me).

FlameEliwood

Smash Rookie
This is a Gecko problem not a Project M problem. Nintendo "hack-proofed" their new Wii-motes to not work with gecko (Why they didn`t just release an online update to do the same thing is beyond me).

I'm wondering if there's a way to get around this because this problem is absolutely silly and stupid.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm wondering if there's a way to get around this because this problem is absolutely silly and stupid.
Well blame Nintendo (seriously this sub-forum has been flooded with "Wiimotion plus not working with gecko" threads lately, this has been a problem for years, how are you people just noticing this?)

FlameEliwood

Smash Rookie
Well blame Nintendo (seriously this sub-forum has been flooded with "Wiimotion plus not working with gecko" threads lately, this has been a problem for years, how are you people just noticing this?)

Like I said at the end of my first post. Is there any way to fix this? I never noticed the problem before because I always had regular Wii remotes. But once I got some of the newer Wii Remotes with the Wii motion Plus built in, that's when I noticed it bricking upon Gecko start up.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Like I said at the end of my first post. Is there any way to fix this? I never noticed the problem before because I always had regular Wii remotes. But once I got some of the newer Wii Remotes with the Wii motion Plus built in, that's when I noticed it bricking upon Gecko start up.
As of now there is no fix for this problem.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hm. Is there any way I can get around this? I mean I like using the hackless version of Project M and I still thankfully have Wii remotes without Wiimotion plus but still..
as of now there is no fix for this problem unless you use a wii mote made before this was implemented (some wiimotion plus controllers do work with Gecko)

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
Umm, I have an unhacked Wii and use a Wii motion plus. I think that I am able to use it though because I have the non wifi version of PM.

EDIT: just read the above post, my Wiimote is from the first batch of built in Wii remote + made

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Much like another existing thread let me make this one kind of clear. When I start Project M through the hackless version of it ((Wifi-safe edition. I like to be able to play online with friends)) and start up to Gecko OS, EVERY controller that I have that has Wii Motion Plus BUILT INTO THE CONTROLLER the light that signifies that it is connected to my Wii AND Wii U (I tested it on both consoles) blacks out, and will no longer work. This is something that ONLY happens to my Wii remotes that had Wii Motion Plus BUILT IN in the controller. If it was one that had the accessory or no Wii motion plus at all, it was fine and worked on the gecko OS. But for all of the ones that were built in, it turned off my remotes and then never turned back on. I tried re-syncing the controllers but that did absolutely nothing.

I tried redownloading Project M, but this still did nothing. I think this is an issue that needs to be fixed. A lot of new Wii remotes have the Wii motion plus built in and yet this issue is not always addressed. Is there any way around this issue?

A work around i figured out ( and use myself ) is to load P:M with a usb loader. Yes its not hackless, but it is a work around..kinda.
The updated revisions of Configurable usb loader support wiimotion plus wiimotes.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
A work around i figured out ( and use myself ) is to load P:M with a usb loader. Yes its not hackless, but it is a work around..kinda.
The updated revisions of Configurable usb loader support wiimotion plus wiimotes.
Where can I find this?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
https://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/list

Try the newest one, but i had to update mine through the app itself after i installed it, but then again i got the standard release when i first installed it. (It pulls the update from an online server somewhere)

well give that a shot, if you can get the configurable usb loader app open and working with ur wiimote plus (Youll be able to access the app, there just won't be any games for you to play since you won't have a HDD hooked up yet.

Then the next step is easy. Let me know how that goes.

My advice though is to follow the tutorial to install it (Even though its an old tutorial), and after you get all the files correctly placed on your SD card, replace the .DOL with the one on the top of the list in the link i gave you

Top Bottom