• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U: Wii Remote Issue: Hold Any Button Down... Acts Like Its On Turbo?

UniversalWolf21

Smash Cadet
NNID
UniversalWolf21
3DS FC
5155-3001-9896
(Before I continue with anything else, I will say that this only happens when I am playing Brawl or Project M. It occurs on no other game or menu screen. This is also a legitimate copy of Brawl that is scratch-less.)

Ok, so this is something that has become more and more annoying since I realized it, and at first it only occurred every other time I turned on my Wii U, but now it keeps happening endlessly...

Whenever I try to play Smash now, if I press and hold 2 on the Wii Remote (or I plug in the GC converter and I hold any button on that) the controller will go into 'tubro' mode and just keep pressing the button... and it isnt even pressing it in rhythm, its just inconsistent mashing of that button. It also happens whenever I press any direction on the analogs, d-pads, and start buttons. If I press the home button to go back to the Wii menu, it doesn't do it there. It just happens on Smash.

I've tried with both my old Wii Remote, my brand new Wii Remote (with MotionPlus Inside), with the GC adapter, without the adapter, with an ACTUAL classic controller, and with Nunchuck.

If anyone has any idea as to why my controls are going out of wack like this, let me know. Its become highly annoying and I can't combo properly until it is fixed. Q_Q

UniversalWolf21

Smash Cadet
NNID
UniversalWolf21
3DS FC
5155-3001-9896
Nobody has any idea? Anyone here that has a Wii U that has experienced this problem? Or maybe someone with a Wii?

UniversalWolf21

Smash Cadet
NNID
UniversalWolf21
3DS FC
5155-3001-9896
So I am NOT the only one having this problem?

I've been meaning to take my second SD card and put 2.6b back on there to see if I'm having the same issue, but like I said above, its happening in normal brawl now, too...which I find odd.

I'm going to experiment with this some more this weekend now that I finally have the place to myself.

artemisxrpg

Smash Rookie
I also have this problem on my wii u. The wiimote works fine with everything else. It only acts up when I play this game. I'll test the wiimote on my friend's wii when he brings it over to my house this week.

UniversalWolf21

Smash Cadet
NNID
UniversalWolf21
3DS FC
5155-3001-9896
I'm glad that I brought this issue to the attention of others.... its actually hard to notice if you're playing with characters that don't have charge moves and whatnot. I actually noticed it accidentally while switching costumes for a character. After that... it just became noticeable.

I haven't been able to find a steady way to make this stop, on any and all controllers that I have. Its so weird...

MaxThunder

PM Support
It shouldn't be acting up while playing brawl... it's a known issue in this version of PM but if it happens in brawl too there might be something wrong with the wiimote...

UniversalWolf21

Smash Cadet
NNID
UniversalWolf21
3DS FC
5155-3001-9896
Its considered a known issue now? Did they have an estimate on the patch to fix this, or we'll just have to deal with it? O_o

MaxThunder

PM Support
Its considered a known issue now? Did they have an estimate on the patch to fix this, or we'll just have to deal with it? O_o
it's been known at least since right after release but only with just the wiimote... so if you're still getting it when plugging the nun-chuck or other controllers into the wiimote and even in normal brawl then there is something wrong that isn't PM related...

there isn't an estimation for the patch, yet... they're most likely taking a much deserved christmas break now...

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
After a lot of searching, I finally found somebody with the same problem. I'm a project M player that uses the wiimote+nunchuk and am experiencing the same issue as the OP. It only occurs in the Brawl game (both Brawl and Project M). No other Wii game or Wii software. It may be possible that this issue has always been happening in the 300 or so hours I've logged into Brawl since its release and I never noticed, but this is a huge hindrance when at a competitive level for PM. My character will double jump when not ordered, end an attack that can be charged (smash attacks, Marth's neutral B), etc. The input from my controller cutting out is not on a consistent basis either. It can happen once in a minute of play, or ten times. Among all my tests for this issue (testing different wiimotes, brawl discs, wiis, it's definitely something specific to Brawl, and playing with the wiimote+any peripheral (the wiimote on its own also exhibited this issue).

It would seem it's not an issue that the Project M team could fix, and if that's the case, it's catastrophic news for players like me that don't use the gamecube controller.

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
I also have the same problem. It just comes all of sudden and is over after some minutes.
I use a Wii and not WiiU. It happens regardless if Classic Controller, Nunchuck or Wiimote only. And it also only happens when playing Smash.

DarkRalts

Smash Rookie
This may not work for you but it works for me most of the time. What i do is i use the classic controller pro, so i set my wiimote ontop of my wii u and it works so far. I had this problem on the wii and wii u so it cant be the problem of reading dual layered discs. Besides it does the same wit usb loaders and discs. Hope this helps even if this post is dead now. But anyway bye!✌

Top Bottom