• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Wii U Pro controller at Apex

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
So you can use the pro controller at apex correct? I mean i read the rules and it said:

• Alternate Controllers: The Wii U Gamepad, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo 2DS are banned from use as controllers. All other controllers are acceptable for this event.
With that being said the reason i posted this is can somebody who goes to apex tell me how this goes? If they have any issues cause thats the controller i use and would like to always use. My thing about it is tho is if someone is off the system and has their controller in their bag or somthing and it turns on and starts hitting buttons. Is there a way to disconnect the controller? Or anything around this?

PresidentEvil

Smash Rookie
Yes, it is allowed. You can press the sync button on the pro controller to make it disconnect from the system.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Why are the controllers banned? D:
They're not. The gamepad and 3DS are the only banned control schemes.

Speaking of, does anyone know why the 3DS is banned, aside from just being a terrible idea? I can understand the gamepad, as they don't want to risk damages or anything like that. Is it because of the hassle of having to go through the sync menu?

MysticSkarps

Smash Cadet
I think the 3DS controller is banned because of the syncing, and the advantage a person with a gamecube, classic, or wii u controller pro, with a c-stick (or something like it).

Samtaro

Smash Rookie
It says nothing about GC DDR Pads ran through a Mayflash usb adapter...

Top Bottom