• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U and 3DS Olimar differences

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Since I've gotten Smash Wii U I've noticed a couple changes from the 3DS version. I will continue to update this thread with information as it becomes available.

1. Pikmin can pick up items when they run back to you on the ground. Unless Olimar pick's it up it can still hurt you while the Pikmin has it. Ex. Diddy's Banana can be picked and carried back to you by a Pikmin, but if Olimar runs over the Pikmin holding the Banana he can trip.
  2. All Pikmin colors drown in water except blues.
  3. Pikmin now go from leaf to flower Pikmin. This is an aesthetic change only.
  4. Desync Down Smash seems to have a different criteria required to set up. Still testing how to reliably get it to work.
  5. Random Pikmin desyncs look to be better. Needs more testing to be 100% sure.
If you guys notice anything else please let me know. I'll make sure to keep this list up to date.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
I'm praying the AI is better. I played a 3DS game where I stood perfectly still and missed a follow up fsmash because my red pikmin ran halfway across Final Destination and jumped off the edge.

Spudboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
spudboy
Olimar is actually playable in the Wii U version. For some reason I could just NOT get a feel for him on the 3DS, but he feels right here. Prolly the random desyncs.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Do Pikmin carry items if they're attackable? (i.e R.O.B's gyro).
On 3DS they would latch onto it and start attacking...
which would cause damage to R.O.B when he picked it up. XD

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Do Pikmin carry items if they're attackable? (i.e R.O.B's gyro).
On 3DS they would latch onto it and start attacking...
which would cause damage to R.O.B when he picked it up. XD
I'm not sure about ROB's gyro. Been meani ng to test it. I'll let you know when I do.

Valand43

Smash Rookie
I didn't check with R.O.B.'s gyro(though they can still latch on), but so far, they can bring back latchable items as long as they are walking back and pass said item. Otherwise, of course, they'll latch on. I tried it with yellow pikmin by throwing them over and past a metal box rather than onto it.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Oh so I tested Rob's Gyro. Apparently it doesn't work, the Pikmin just walk past it and give it a slight nudge.

Valand43

Smash Rookie
That's unfortunate concerning R.O.B.'s gyro. I also noticed that they seem to walk past really big/heavy items. I tried to get them to bring me back the golden hammer, and they just nudged it and walked past it. I tried it with multiple pikmin walking past it, and with a purple pikmin thinking maybe they'd be stronger......but still nothing. They don't bring back Wario's bike or anything either, I didn't expect them to though.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
That's unfortunate concerning R.O.B.'s gyro. I also noticed that they seem to walk past really big/heavy items. I tried to get them to bring me back the golden hammer, and they just nudged it and walked past it. I tried it with multiple pikmin walking past it, and with a purple pikmin thinking maybe they'd be stronger......but still nothing. They don't bring back Wario's bike or anything either, I didn't expect them to though.
It could be dependent on the item's weight. They don't pick up Mega Man's saw blade either.

Valand43

Smash Rookie
It could be dependent on the item's weight. They don't pick up Mega Man's saw blade either.
Most likely with the knowledge that they don't pick up metal blade, we can likely assume they don't uproot Peaches' dropped turnips either. Same logic applies to the weeds, they won't uproot those. I'm thinking basically lightweight items only.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
Yeee, hope that but if dont pick for sure all the items is rekt

Top Bottom