• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U /3DS Patch Differences?

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
I saw reference that not all of the 1.04 patch changes exist on the Wii U.

Can anyone confirm if the versions are in fact different, and if so, does anyone know what the differences are?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Someone in the recent post on the home page about game balancing said that nearly half the changed in 1.0.4 aren't present in the Wii U Version. My friend said that Shulks jab damage is different from the 2 versions too.

I'm curious about this as well. What ARE the changes?

I ReZo I

Smash Rookie
Would love to know this as well, seems like DACUS, and anything really major has stayed, but I'd love to know myself

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Links grapple may be slower in the Wii U version due to ti hitting the ground in the Wii U version if it misses whereas it's a straight shot in the the 3DS Version, coming out and coming back.

D

Deleted member

Links grapple may be slower in the Wii U version due to ti hitting the ground in the Wii U version if it misses whereas it's a straight shot in the the 3DS Version, coming out and coming back.
I don't know about Link's, but Toon Link's grapple is actually slightly faster in the Wii U version than the 3DS one, even though it hits the ground when it misses.
:170:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I don't know about Link's, but Toon Link's grapple is actually slightly faster in the Wii U version than the 3DS one, even though it hits the ground when it misses.
:170:
I'll have to test Links, then.

Can we get some spotlight on this thread?

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
I believe Aerodrome was the one who made the original comment.
Based on how familiar he is with the underlying mechanics, I would assume he's accurate.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
It takes Fox 10% more to KO Peach with Up and Down smashes in the same training mode scenarios for 3DS compared to Wii U on Final Destination.

Not sure if it means Fox has less knock back, Peach is heavier, and/or Final D is bigger on 3DS. It could also be there is something different between the two training modes, but that seems less likely.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
It takes Fox 10% more to KO Peach with Up and Down smashes in the same training mode scenarios for 3DS compared to Wii U on Final Destination.

Not sure if it means Fox has less knock back, Peach is heavier, and/or Final D is bigger on 3DS. It could also be there is something different between the two training modes, but that seems less likely.
i believe it's simply because of higher ceiling

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

It's definitely blastzones. You see, Pit can use his Fspecial off the side of the stage without SDing. Putting speed equipment on makes you fall faster, and putting too much on will make Pit SD. You can put more on Pit in the 3DS version compared to the Wii U version.

MSDChaos

Smash Rookie
Can anyone confirm the length Pac-Man's hydrant stays in the Wii U version? It feels like it stays longer in the Wii U version.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909

I've heard people say the blastzones are slightly smaller in the Wii U version. (Which makes no sense since portable games are supposed to be shorter in nature. :/ )

I'm curious if Nintendo is actually testing things out with both slightly different versions or if the Wii U is slightly behind the 3DS (I say behind since the Wii U hasn't had any online updates and couldn't have been up to date with the 3DS with national distribution and all.) I would think both versions would sync at the very latest with Mewtwo's release. If they did intend for the versions to be different then it can probably be attributed to blastzones if they are in fact different sizes, but Falco's lasers are faster in the late 1.0.4 in 3DS so if the Wii U has Falco's laser firing slower at 3DS 1.0.3 speed then we know that has nothing to do with blastzone size.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Same. Unfortunately I don't have a capture card to confirm these changes.

Top Bottom