• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii LAN Adapter

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I haven't tried, but I would imagine this would actually help things a bit. Because you're going with a wired connection instead of wireless, you don't have the same issues of lost packets like wireless connections do. The effects are likely to be unnoticeable though.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I've been planning to buy one from my local Wal-mart for a while I've just been too lazy to do it. I'm probably gonna wait on brawl for it.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
It depends on the connection and even then it does not gaurantee your connection in game will be better.
For one you have to take into account the server's time to respond back and the download and upload speed etc etc.
Regardless if someone is lagging badly you can't help it or stop them.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, normally i'd say it's better, but nintendo doesn't let you connect directly to the wii, you're going through a USB port, which is a ****ty transfer rate.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Wii has built in wireless for a reason, people. It works plenty well enough to support the Wii's online games.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Did he say otherwise? Jeez. It works well enough, not neccesarily better.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I host tons of games using the wireless connection on my 360 and never have a problem. Wireless works fine and swell. :D

Volrec

Smash Lord
I regret what I said, the Charged servers work amazing, it just needed a few days to break in, thats why.

Wireless works fine. Only get wired if you dont have a wireless access point, or if your wireless sucks

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I have a LOT of friends without wireless who would be very happy if they made something like this for the DS.

there is, there's a USB device by nintendo that you can plug into your computer which will create an access point for the nintendo devices.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yup, I picked one up today and it works like a charm. Just make sure the system is off when you hook it up.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I have a mac, and if I've heard it isn't mac compatible, so why is that? If you plug it into a USB port, how was it built so that it just works with PC's?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
IS it much much MUCH faster then your wireless connections people?
Considering my wireless doesn't work at all, yes.

But for those who have working networks, you should probably stick with that. It's not worth the 30 bucks (and a modem) to get a tiny bit faster rates.

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
So, i from what i have read, i can't tell if i should be getting one. Some say you should get it, others say it doesn't help much at all. Is it even my fault, or is it the servers fault?

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
My College Has a Garbage Network! Will a LAN Adapter Help Me?

I played my friend who is about 4 or 5 hours away from me today and the lag was so awful that we both were forced to restart our Wiis. I'm blaming it on my school's crappy network since my friend said he played someone at a college only an hour from him and the lag was really bad as well.

My question is, will buying a LAN/USB adapter help me or is the bandwidth of my schools connection just too low to support games like this, wired or non.

I'd really rather not waste my money if the adapter won't help at all, so please give me your advice.

Darth Vaultous

Smash Rookie
So, tell me how this works. Does your Wii have to be near your computer for it to work? Can it be in another room? Where do you plug it in? How do you set it up? does it slow down your computer? Please, if somesone would answer my questions that would be great.

CHUK

Smash Ace
It plugs in to the back of your wii and you plug your ethernet cable into that.

Top Bottom