• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Crouch Tech w/ Perfect Pivoting Question?

Reagle_Gaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
mousecopter
Wii Fit is my current main, and I've been doing a little testing on her ability with perfect pivots. Here are some things I've found.

--Well spaced nair on shield to PP-away-up tilt.

--Perfect spaced nair on shield to up tilt (not PP, but applies some shield pressure if they try to shield grab you. For some reason her up-tilt has a really large hitbox in front of her.)

--In my experience PP f-tilts hasn't been super useful besides at higher percents, Jab 1, 2 to PP f-tilt (kills! :D), since we don't have to start the running animation. Otherwise, f-tilt is safe on shield if spaced well.

--PP down-tilt? I haven't found a use for it yet, besides maybe some spacing? A little slow for my taste :/

My question is, for MU's where crouching is very important (i.e ZSS) Could we PP crouch? I'm freaking out about how good of an option that might be! Since we can crouch under basically every move of hers, things like running and PP crouching under a full Paralyzer Shot to stuffing her approach, or as the ZSS runs in for a grab, PP crouch into a bair or f-smash for a kill?

Hopefully this hasn't been discovered, because if so, it definitely isn't being used enough.

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
It sounds like a good idea for retreating, but if you're looking to use her crouch to approach, you might find this more useful.

She actually might be able to do a RTACC out of a perfect pivot instead of a RTAC ( a PPCC?) but I'm no good at perfect pivoting someone else is gonna have to check.

Reagle_Gaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
mousecopter
Thanks! Yeah, that sounds similar, although I have not been able to pull it off by myself yet.

I was just considering its usefulness since it would be much faster than an RTAC, not having to do a full turn around-crouch-crouch walk-stand up motion, and simply perfect pivot-crouch for avoiding things. :) Thanks again!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Wii Fit is my current main, and I've been doing a little testing on her ability with perfect pivots. Here are some things I've found.

--Well spaced nair on shield to PP-away-up tilt.

--Perfect spaced nair on shield to up tilt (not PP, but applies some shield pressure if they try to shield grab you. For some reason her up-tilt has a really large hitbox in front of her.)

--In my experience PP f-tilts hasn't been super useful besides at higher percents, Jab 1, 2 to PP f-tilt (kills! :D), since we don't have to start the running animation. Otherwise, f-tilt is safe on shield if spaced well.

--PP down-tilt? I haven't found a use for it yet, besides maybe some spacing? A little slow for my taste :/

My question is, for MU's where crouching is very important (i.e ZSS) Could we PP crouch? I'm freaking out about how good of an option that might be! Since we can crouch under basically every move of hers, things like running and PP crouching under a full Paralyzer Shot to stuffing her approach, or as the ZSS runs in for a grab, PP crouch into a bair or f-smash for a kill?

Hopefully this hasn't been discovered, because if so, it definitely isn't being used enough.
I think it has potential, no one's really mastered PP yet so it's hard to say, and WFT has a lot less leniency to mess it up than characters like Fox and Falcon due to her long skid animation.

The biggest question is really what situations would PP crouch be a better option than walking or rtacc?

PP dtilt is a decent tomahawk. The windbox on the start is unblockable and will cross opponents up if it hits deep enough. Otherwise there isn't much use I've found either yet, but I imagine there's some header stuff that's begging to be learned.

Reagle_Gaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
mousecopter
I think it has potential, no one's really mastered PP yet so it's hard to say, and WFT has a lot less leniency to mess it up than characters like Fox and Falcon due to her long skid animation.

The biggest question is really what situations would PP crouch be a better option than walking or rtacc?

PP dtilt is a decent tomahawk. The windbox on the start is unblockable and will cross opponents up if it hits deep enough. Otherwise there isn't much use I've found either yet, but I imagine there's some header stuff that's begging to be learned.
PP with header? Or header-canceling? I don't use it all that much, since the stupid thing doesn't have a hitbox if I hit it :p We might be able to do PP jab? We can already do jab 1 normally, so I think the timing would be weird for that.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
PP with header might be decent as a spacing option now that I think about it actually. The hitbox on header comes out on frame 15, making it much too slow( and too high for most characters) to use as an approach, however, using a SH autocancel, it might be useful due to it's deceptively large range in front and below it. Combining that with PP on landing to move in or out might be really effective. I'll do some testing today and see.

PP with header canceling seems gimmicky, but might be practical as a sort of option a option b thing, PP back to jab the ball, RCGing back into it for pummel/throw setups, ect ect. and just ignoring it otherwise. Idk, I'll put it through some tests and see if it's applicable against any styles of character, the Fire Emblem crew immediately comes to mind.

Top Bottom