• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii fit combo's?

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
i can't seem to make a combo. I can grab opponents but have nothing to really follow up with. can anyone help me out here?

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Well the only follow up she has is from Uthrow but it has to be at every low % against bigger characters. Which pretty sum's up that she has no true combo's out of grabs.But she does have true combos with her Nair.
Combos-
Nair/2Hits-->Utilt (Low%)
Nair/1Hit-->Back of Filt (0%-30%)
Nair/1Hit-->Nair-->Uair(Mid%)
Nair/1Hit-->Bair(Mid-High%)
Nair/1Hit-->Fair(Mid%)
Nair/1Hit-->Up Smash(70-90%) Character specific.
Hope this helps you good sir.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
up throw huh? ok figures since i never use that one.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Well the combos i posted are ground true combos.You would have to short hop fast fall Nair to get that one hit and it would create a lot of followups also the only move that could hit with her Uthrow is Uair but the timing is just so strict.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
alright thanks i will try em! shes my secondary, im sure you can tell my main by my profile image.

Niala

Smash Ace
Right at the threshold of U-tilt causing tumble animation I've found makes it a pretty powerful combo starter too. I was able to get off a utilt>utilt>nair>dair>fair (after the bounce off the ground) last night, which was pretty satisfying. I went into training afterward and tried to replicate it, but it's a very specific set of % where it's applicable. I only practiced on Mario, but his tumble started at 48%, and she could no longer combo utilt into itself after 56%. You could, however, utilt>nair>some other aerial above 50% on most characters.

Last edited:

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
http://youtu.be/NNcPFsaSC4w
This is me vs Wizzzrobe the best pm player I hope this helps
are you playing with customs on? or is that the wii u version because my soccer ball doesn't spark like that! and the projectile is different too.
wait thats definitively the wii u one because of the stage! why does her projectile look so slow now then?

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Yea that was a custom B also you could work on your approach. Also you should really slow down on them smash since they have so much ending lag and keep it fresh for a better kill potential.

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
Yea that was a custom B also you could work on your approach. Also you should really slow down on them smash since they have so much ending lag and keep it fresh for a better kill potential.
Thanks that'll help. I think I've seen ur wii fit ur really good I hope we battle in the future

are you playing with customs on? or is that the wii u version because my soccer ball doesn't spark like that! and the projectile is different too.
wait thats definitively the wii u one because of the stage! why does her projectile look so slow now then?
The ball is the same. The sun salutation is indeed a custom called enriched sun. The more U charge it the small and faster it gets. It uncharged is huge and is good for stage control, spacing, and approach. It fully charged is small, but fast and does 20%. She is so much better with customs. U should try jumbo hoops. It is a better brawl meta knight tornado. U can chase people and it can go a long distance horizontally and a decent amount vertical. It does 25-35 damage and it can break shields. It also has lots of priority and the hitboxes R huge. The hits also connect consistantly. It is seriously broken. Sorry I turned this on an article about customs lol

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Utilt can be followed up by header at around 60%-70% for a true combo that deals a whooping 23 damage.

take it whenever you can!

⑨ball

Smash Ace
@ crisspy727 crisspy727 Uthrow into Uair combos without DI up to about 70% on a lot of characters actually. Of course smart players will DI when they learn, but that also helps out her other throws.

Anyway:
@ Strider_123 Strider_123
Try your hand at grounding jab combos and links. Her jab is really good and tends to be very underused. Just keep in mind that what you can get usually depends on how well your opponent mashes, making it unreliable in some cases.

[FF=fast fall
SH=short hop
DJ=double jump]

Beginner:
FF-Reverse Fair> 1hit reverse jab (low%)
FF-Reverse Fair>Ftilt (mid-high%s) [Note if the reverse fair trips them, you can get things like sun salutation and fsmash off)
FF-nair>header(mid%)

Intermediate:
FF-Nair>SH-Nair>DJ-Nair>Header/Uair (30%-50%)
FF-Nair>SH-Nair>1hit-Nair>header/Uair (50%-70%)
Uthrow>DJ-Uair (0-70%) Note that in training if your combo meter says 1 at the end, you didn't reach them fast enough, however this is a powerful link and will frametrap a lot of characters beating out ridiculous things like Link's Dair forcing them to either use their jump or airdodge

Advanced
FF-1hit-Nair>Dsmash(low%s)
FF-1hit-Nair>Header (mid%s The Crisspy Combo!) Landing this near the edge can kill.
FF-1hit-Nair>Fsmash (low-mid%s)
FF-Nair>DJ-Uair (mid-high%) kill combo at character specific percents
FF-1hit-Nair>Nair>Uair (high%) Kill combo at character specific percents
FF-1hit-Nair>1hit-Nair>Bair (high%) Kill combo at character specific percents

Bonus:
[This is neat, maybe for a combo video or something, but is completely impractical]

/Load up on a full Sun Salutation charge and Deep breathing

FF-Nair>SH-1hit-nair>Dair(ground bounce)>B-reverse Sun Salutation

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
@ crisspy727 crisspy727 Uthrow into Uair combos without DI up to about 70% on a lot of characters actually. Of course smart players will DI when they learn, but that also helps out her other throws.

Anyway:
@ Strider_123 Strider_123
Try your hand at grounding jab combos and links. Her jab is really good and tends to be very underused. Just keep in mind that what you can get usually depends on how well your opponent mashes, making it unreliable in some cases.

[FF=fast fall
SH=short hop
DJ=double jump]

Beginner:
FF-Reverse Fair> 1hit reverse jab (low%)
FF-Reverse Fair>Ftilt (mid-high%s) [Note if the reverse fair trips them, you can get things like sun salutation and fsmash off)
FF-nair>header(mid%)

Intermediate:
FF-Nair>SH-Nair>DJ-Nair>Header/Uair (30%-50%)
FF-Nair>SH-Nair>1hit-Nair>header/Uair (50%-70%)
Uthrow>DJ-Uair (0-70%) Note that in training if your combo meter says 1 at the end, you didn't reach them fast enough, however this is a powerful link and will frametrap a lot of characters beating out ridiculous things like Link's Dair forcing them to either use their jump or airdodge

Advanced
FF-1hit-Nair>Dsmash(low%s)
FF-1hit-Nair>Header (mid%s The Crisspy Combo!) Landing this near the edge can kill.
FF-1hit-Nair>Fsmash (low-mid%s)
FF-Nair>DJ-Uair (mid-high%) kill combo at character specific percents
FF-1hit-Nair>Nair>Uair (high%) Kill combo at character specific percents
FF-1hit-Nair>1hit-Nair>Bair (high%) Kill combo at character specific percents

Bonus:
[This is neat, maybe for a combo video or something, but is completely impractical]

/Load up on a full Sun Salutation charge and Deep breathing

FF-Nair>SH-1hit-nair>Dair(ground bounce)>B-reverse Sun Salutation
Gotta try some of this out.

SaucyMcYolo

Smash Rookie
I see a lot of neutral air combos, though I have the hardest time approaching with it and even throwing it out there without being badly punished. Any suggestions?

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
I see a lot of neutral air combos, though I have the hardest time approaching with it and even throwing it out there without being badly punished. Any suggestions?
You either have to fall inside them with it or just past them that's the only way you could perform it safely anyway she doesn't she really doesn't have other moves to approach with.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to know if it would be ok to put these combos in the guide I'm making. Just to keep everything in a central location for new players and all.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
9ball or crispy I would love to play against either of your wii fit trainers. Haven't lost to one yet in a dittos and hope I can get my butt beat by one of y'all. My NNID: WiiFitGayPride69

I do hope we can play soon when y'all are available.

Thank you :)

⑨ball

Smash Ace
So I found something interesting when practicing crossups for the Rosalina MU.

Apparently, you don't need reverse fair to trip in order for it to combo into smashes or bair. It just needs to be fast falled.

It reminds me a lot of Falco's dair combos only with better options out of it, a lot less lag on shield or whiff, that also crosses up from time to time.

So from about 95%:

FF reverse fair> fsmash
FF reverse fair> dsmash
FF reverse fair> sliding usmash
FF reverse fair> bair
FF reverse fair> turn around jab combo>finisher
FF reverse fair> grab

all work with fsmash being a kill combo from default positions

More kill combo setups? Neat.

Nixul_rz

Smash Rookie
hii, comprising some abbreviations want to share some combos I hope I have posted before.

Jab Combo,
Jab Jab Jab, heavy characters like link or other that may enterrrar. 50% 120% depending on the speed to be released, to rid you can have these options:

Fair
Dair
Siide B -> B, (ie by doing the opposite side makes a meteoric) I'm working on it to make it feasible.

funny thing is this combo, I've tried very little as it costs 65 damage ago, and 51 if meteoric.

Nair- long jump- Nair - short Hope- Nair - UAIR. to characters like (link, diddy kong, captain falcon between 40-55)
nair -long Jump- Nair - short Hope- Nair - Side B -> B

The same step but make the side B -> B should be facing opposite side, that makes it not hit the ball, running a meteoric B side.

The B side of it is very effective for the game. soon I'll upload a video of a fight, as mentioned combos to be better understood. disculpern my hope is understood English, I speak Spanish. regards

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
So I found something interesting when practicing crossups for the Rosalina MU.

Apparently, you don't need reverse fair to trip in order for it to combo into smashes or bair. It just needs to be fast falled.

It reminds me a lot of Falco's dair combos only with better options out of it, a lot less lag on shield or whiff, that also crosses up from time to time.

So from about 95%:

FF reverse fair> fsmash
FF reverse fair> dsmash
FF reverse fair> sliding usmash
FF reverse fair> bair
FF reverse fair> turn around jab combo>finisher
FF reverse fair> grab

all work with fsmash being a kill combo from default positions

More kill combo setups? Neat.
I had actually just tested this yesterday and have half a thread about it, but this is basically my findings. However, I will state that the % that it's effective at depends on the character, and I even found some characters could be followed on after reverse fair knocks them into the air. Of course, that's techable (making up words eyyy) but I don't expect people to know to do that against WFT Reverse Fair.

mat7772

Smash Cadet
Sometimes upthow -> jump -> header meteor works for people who airdodge immediately out of throws.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes upthow -> jump -> header meteor works for people who airdodge immediately out of throws.
The mind games from hesitating the second B button press of Header is hilarious. It's one of my main methods of killing aggressive Sheik players.

mat7772

Smash Cadet
The mind games from hesitating the second B button press of Header is hilarious. It's one of my main methods of killing aggressive Sheik players.
Not to mention stalling people with uncharged sun salutations.

But seriously, out of all the characters gimping with wii fit trainer is just the most satisfying feeling you can get.

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
When I to fast fall, I suffer from some sort of floaty-stall issue, where I feel like I'm not doing anything because I'm waiting for the peak of my jump to attack or do inputs.

Plus my forward momentum pretty much stops, because I'm focusing on pushing down to FF.

In short, I don't really do shffl moves because it just feels unnatural and throws off my game.

Does anyone know of good ways to work on this?

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
If you're already moving forward, you actually do keep your momentum during the short hop. Try letting go of the control stick while short hop running to get a feel for the distance traveled, and then add the fast fall when you're comfortable with the timing. That way you can start the jump from a safer distance and attack when you reach the opponent.

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
When do you actually attack? Can you attack any time during the jump? Or is there a certain window I'm aiming for? I guess avoiding end lag is a factor.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
If you want to avoid end lag, you need to set yourself up for ACSHs(autocanceling short hops) which is not the same as SHFFing(short hop fast falling).

ACSHs should be performed generally as you're rising and everything but bair autocancels. You can fast fall the end of these attacks for faster recovery but the timing varies.

The only character in the game that doesn't have endlag on a shff attack is megaman with nair. You can look at that data here.(air dodge data is prepatch)

For WFT's shffs, anytime after the max short hop height is fine if you want to hit, but your timing needs to change to get different effects. For example, you don't have to space nair to get a soft nair if you fast fall it so the second hit doesn't connect.

-----------
Since customs are coming back into the fold, I was thinking about sharing some custom combos. I'll drop a few here once I get the MU discussions under control. Weighted header is jumbo hoops level of amazing.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Double post, but I wanted to bring up something neat we get with the new a+b mechanic:
Option selects.

In the post above I was talking about how reverse fair has an frame-cancel similar if not identical to Falco's dair and how it leads into kill setups. However to do this you must land the reverse fair on the exact frame fair becomes active and then fast fall, which might make this difficult if not impractical to rely on. On top of reverse fair naturally comboing into ftilt and reverse jab(which you'd miss out on if looking for a frame-cancel combo) and having trip properties you can also take advantage of, there are a lot of factors that can ruin something that would have been guaranteed. Until the patch.

I'm not sure if this was possible with the cstick set to smash as I prefer tilts for rtacc and aerial momentum, but with a+b you can now buffer smashes into reverse fair, which will come out and combo if frame canceled or leave you free to follow up with ftilt, jab, or whatever if you miss the window.

Just to be clear, I am NOT talking about comboing into the techable ground bounce you get if you spike with fair on stage around 110% for most characters, although it works fine there as well.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Double post, but I wanted to bring up something neat we get with the new a+b mechanic:
Option selects.

In the post above I was talking about how reverse fair has an frame-cancel similar if not identical to Falco's dair and how it leads into kill setups. However to do this you must land the reverse fair on the exact frame fair becomes active and then fast fall, which might make this difficult if not impractical to rely on. On top of reverse fair naturally comboing into ftilt and reverse jab(which you'd miss out on if looking for a frame-cancel combo) and having trip properties you can also take advantage of, there are a lot of factors that can ruin something that would have been guaranteed. Until the patch.

I'm not sure if this was possible with the cstick set to smash as I prefer tilts for rtacc and aerial momentum, but with a+b you can now buffer smashes into reverse fair, which will come out and combo if frame canceled or leave you free to follow up with ftilt, jab, or whatever if you miss the window.

Just to be clear, I am NOT talking about comboing into the techable ground bounce you get if you spike with fair on stage around 110% for most characters, although it works fine there as well.
That also is a good kill set up for us

Last edited:
This may already be known but since no one is mentioning it in this thread or seems to talk about it anywhere else, there is another kill set-up from using short hop Nair->uair. I've only tested it on higher tier characters at the moment but it should work well against any character who middleweight and above starting from 85-102%. For example short hop nair->uair is a true combo on sheik from 87-99% and on some characters (mostly heavyweights) it is possible to decrease it using DB by about 10-15%. Hope this helps, if anyone wasn't aware before

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
It actually starts earlier than also it could lead into kills very easily which is a nice touch.

Just been messing around with R-Filt ->2xUair but its pretty hard to get it down unless they are fast fallers.

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Are there any Footstool setups yet? I tried a little bit but didn't find anything so far..

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Last time checked we could only soft lock people is with sour spot F-Air and the back part of jab which sounds like a mission just to get them in to those situations.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Spike fair jab locks too.
Setup from nair into footstool DB cancels.

SHAD uair into footstool DB cancels work too on everyone but *******.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Spike fair jab locks too.
Setup from nair into footstool DB cancels.

SHAD uair into footstool DB cancels work too on everyone but *******.
Sometimes i wish SHAD uair works on everybody its such a great tool early percentage.

Top Bottom