• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Landry

Smash Ace
Yeah, I won't be able to make it to the smashfest tonight or the tourney in Chicago. Just too much to do and not enough time this break. Good luck though!

Landry

Smash Ace
Actually, **** it. I can rearrange my schedule. Any chance you have room in the car for one more Mundungu?

edit: I guess it might be too late to register for the tourney...

PhD EDEN

Smash Rookie
Live in madison. Im pretty new to the competitive scene, so any kindness in regards to recommendations for higher level tactical literature or local tourneys where I wont be unduly annihilated (which I acknowledge I'll still more than likely lose) would be greatly appreciated!

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Sup guys, first post on Smashboards here, I'm over in western Wisconsin in Baldwin.
Melee: Marth/Mewtwo, PM: Mewtwo
Trying to get into the community and can't think of a better place than here.

MattPlaysSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt16545
Sup guys, first post on Smashboards here, I'm over in western Wisconsin in Baldwin.
Melee: Marth/Mewtwo, PM: Mewtwo
Trying to get into the community and can't think of a better place than here.
I'm in the same area also. We were wondering if there's any local tournaments in the area? Or around the twin cities.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Baldwin is really far west. Most WI activity is in Madison or Milwaukee. You're welcome to come but that's a lot of driving. There's probably something going on in Twin Cities, but you'll have to check the Minnesota thread to find out.

MattPlaysSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt16545
Minneapolis is going to start hosting fears and tourneys soon. Also, you're only about an hr from me. You could go for a smashfest here all day lol.
That'd be pretty rad! Also, I see that you live in Eau Claire, I'm sure you know what Nobrandcon is, because a couple friends and I wanted to contact the people who run the events in the video game room and plan a Melee or Project M tournament, or at least have more TVs set up with smash, because last time, they did some tournament for Brawl, but like, they made one person hold the Wiimote and the other person hold the nunchuck xD I want a real tournament there, D: so I need as many supporters as I can get.

ET_2014

Smash Rookie
New to the scene here looking for friendlies around the Madison area, I'm not great but I'm hoping to improve. If anyone close hosts casuals, fill me in on when&where, thanks!

@MadisonCampusAreaPeople:
If anyone wanted to get some practice outside of the usual Thursday times I am perfectly willing to travel to make it happen.

ET_2014

Smash Rookie
@MadisonCampusAreaPeople:
If anyone wanted to get some practice outside of the usual Thursday times I am perfectly willing to travel to make it happen.
Yeah I'm pretty busy with school and finals this week, but I would be interested in playing some games in the near future. I'll be sure to get on and let you know when I'm available/

Yeah I'm pretty busy with school and finals this week, but I would be interested in playing some games in the near future. I'll be sure to get on and let you know when I'm available/
I am surprised to hear there are still finals going on. I thought most would have had finals finished before Christmas.
how long you willing to travel? :p
Which is why I was primarily addressing the campus people. I have met like 3-4 people a couple of weeks ago at frootloops who I know are within a 10-15 minute walk from where I am at, but never got around to asking. If I had my own vehicle I would certainly drive out the 45 minutes to your place Rev. I was driving that distance each week last summer to RRR when I was back in MN.

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Minneapolis is going to start hosting fears and tourneys soon. Also, you're only about an hr from me. You could go for a smashfest here all day lol.
Yeah, that sounds awesome, especially considering PM is my main game :D
Definitely let me know when one's happening, and thanks for helping out the new guy haha

Vshadow

Smash Rookie
Hey all, played a lot of smash back in high school, then stopped playing for the bulk of college. Just moved to Madison after graduating and I'm ready to start playing again. Looking forward to meeting some peeps and getting some games in on Thursdays!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Its cool to see all the new people in the area. Hope to meet some of you tomorrow if I'm not still sick by then.

Rumor has it that a certain legendary falcon is going to return to the Milwaukee scene...

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Not sure what you're talking about Quaz.

Is anyone in Madison up for a smashfest tonight? I think Tapion is going to be in town, and he's looking for people to play. I can host if others are busy.

ryan

Smash Rookie
This is ryan smith, from janesville. I often have get togethers for smashing. my nick name is Demon i use mostly all the sword users for Melee,PM, and brawl. Just introducing myself :D

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Just played him a bunch yesterday. We should all be showing up to the Milwaukee tournament on the 9th, hope to see you guys there!

Top Bottom