• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi-fi USB Connector and Virus Protection

Ranthozyk

Smash Cadet
So, I recently installed a new virus protection service on my computer, and now I'm unable to connect to wi-fi via my USB connector. I'm fairly certain it's the new protection's fault.. yet I've no way to know how to fix it. Anyone else encounter this problem? I'm using MacAfee now, but they're not showing an message or anything wrong when I try to connect, I'm just unable to connect. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? When I tried to connect the very first time the game froze in the process of connecting to wi-fi (and brawl's never frozen for me before), so I tried again and it froze yet again while connecting. Then, the first time it actually failed to connect (third attempt) I got error code 20010 or something like that, forgot to write it down, but the second time (fourth attempt) I got error code 51340.

Ørion

Smash Ace
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=51340&system=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=9&action2.y=30 said:
Error Code: 51340

The Wii console is not able to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.

1. Check for interference.
1. Check the location of your PC/Wii console
If possible move the PC and/or Wii console away from walls and off the floor, and try to place them in a central location in your home. Also, try to keep them away from metal objects such as metal filing cabinets which can cause interference.

2. Attach the extension cable to the USB Connector
his helps to move it further away from hardware in the PC that may be causing interference.

3. Wireless noise
Noise from Cordless devices (cordless phones), or wireless electronics (wireless keyboards, headphones, cell phones), especially those using the 2.4GHz frequency, can interfere with your wireless signal. In addition, older microwave models can cause wireless interference.

2. Try uninstalling the Nintendo Wi-FI USB Connector software, and re-install. For step-by-step directions, including a link to the latest software, click here.

3. Does your PC have any security programs (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc.) installed? If you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and have a software firewall or other computer security program installed on your computer, there may be additional steps you must complete to allow a successful connection.

"Trusted" Applications:
If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:
o Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe)
o Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)
o SoftAPInstDrv.bin
o mdriver.exe

If you are still receiving this error code, it is likely that the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is not compatible with your current home network.
Sounds like you have to put it on your macafee trusted list.

Ranthozyk

Smash Cadet
XD I just found that page on nintendo's wi-fi tech support site, yet... I have to figure out how exactly to add those to my trusted list, if it even has one..

Edit: Hmm. I've added the connector to my trusted area, yet I don't seem to have these programs: SoftAPInstDrv.bin or mdriver.exe Allowing the connector alone hasn't let me connect still... I'm really confused as to what to do here. x.x Perhaps I should just disable my firewall completely when wanting to go onto wi-fi.. though I really didn't want to restort to that.

Edit again: Even without adding those two programs (that I don't seem to have, I searched for them) I've fixed my first few problems. Now I've got Error Code 61070... and I've no idea what to do now, I just don't understand it. I doubt it's problem #1, since my friends are connecting easily. And #2 isn't an issue, as I'm using Cable. But #3 I don't really understand. x.x I never had to use channels and stuff for my connection since I'm using a USB connector. Please help... ugh..... (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...tem=Wii&locale=lang&action2.x=15&action2.y=21)

Top Bottom