• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booster

Smash Lord
Why do people complain about Project M Recoveries being "Too Good"? This is a great thing to have, as it can extend a match/the gameplay of a fight and you guys like extra skill/tech in matches right? Well think of this as an opportunity to rack up extra hits on your enemies/opponents to try to launch them to the point where a recovery is impossible, which is pretty badass to do compared to your opponent falling downward to their doom.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
idk i guess people don't like change ? i don't play project m,
but I'm sure they wanted a game that's really close
to melee's style, and improved recoveries isn't "melee''

Kati

Smash Lord
It's quite a bit more complicated than that.

steelguttey

mei is bei
cause the whole game isnt onstage lol. fighting games are about changes in momentum and capitilizing on things and recoveries that are ridiculous dont let you do either lol

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Trust me, we dont want an extended match... and the recoveries dont add to extra tech skill lol.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Sadly, campy edgeguards are neither fun to do/deal with/watch. Ballsy ones can be, but when they're required for EVERY kill, it stops being flashy and cool.

Narpas_sword

Because they play as melee top tiers and get salty that other characters have good recovery.
or
They're bad at edge guarding.

any other 'reason' can boil down to these.

Mischief

Smash Cadet
^ So there's no such thing as too good for you? You would be bad at designing things.

Also there is a difference between complaining about recoveries because you lose to them and complaining because you think it's bad game design.

If you watch high level project m tournaments many times players don't even bother edge guarding and opt to keep control of center stage. If the people who made the game think it's a problem, it's a problem.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Why don't you just read the reasons the PMBR publicly stated. I thought it was pretty clear.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Ability to recover from a significant distance away and ability to recover with low risk are two different things.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
If I wanted 15-20min sets and 200% kills I'd play Brawl.

yohoos

Smash Apprentice
I'm just glad the PMBR acknowledges the recovery situation. It just goes to show they do look out for the community and our feedback as well as how the meta-game is developing.

Twin Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
I just hope the recoveries don't get completely destroyed. I've generally agreed with most of the PMBR on their engine/character decisions, but this one actually frightens me that it will just sour what I've enjoyed playing and following for the past couple years.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I honestly can't believe people are /actually/ getting away with complaining like a giant scrub.

Maybe one day if I complain about Ganondorf hard enough he'll become god tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom