• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why So negative People?

D-Hero

Smash Rookie
I kept hearing the same complaints in so many different threads...

Brawl is to slow... Its not super duper competitive anymore...Why were so many Techs from Melee was taken out for Brawl... Its too floaty...

The thing is Brawl had so much hype so anything short of perfection will disappointed...

SO LETS be realistic people...

Think, you guys/girls can name one thing you like if not love about Brawl...

For example I love the fact that its seems the game is much more balance... 4 characters will no longer dominated Super Smash Brothers ... ( sorry Fox, Marth, Falco, and Shiek players)

SonicSmash001

Smash Apprentice
Again, its because all the people who love the game so much are playing the game and all the nerds who have no life are spazzing on here becaues they dont have it yet

SonicSmash001

Smash Apprentice
The game IS awesome, I have it and love it seriously unless your an uberhardcore gamer you will find everything u wanted in brawl and much more.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I dont feel like the characters have any traction or control.The game feels choppy and slow like nothing i ever experianced in a good fighting game.

Some character look really bad also.For example Link is way to skinny. :laugh:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I've gotten more enjoyment from one day of Brawl than I have the last year of continuous Melee matches. The way the characters control feels more refined and polished, the slow pace rewards strategy over reflexes and the characters I use are an absolute blast.

And as someone who never quite got the hang of integrating shorthopping and mid-air item grabbing into my game, the noobification of these techniques makes the game a lot more enjoyable for me. :)

Some vets may prefer Melee's familiarity, but here's one Smasher who could never go back.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Factor 1) Peoples inability to accept change.
Factor 2) The fact that misery loves company.

These two reasons are why theres so many whiny trolls on the board.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I understand what your saying Wiseguy but remember what made smash so successful was the depth the game gave the fans.The competitive scene in Smash wouldnt even exist if it wasnt for that.

The very place that you leave your message wouldnt even exist as you know it. :laugh:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I understand what your saying Wiseguy but remember what made smash so successful was the depth the game gave the fans.The competitive scene in Smash wouldnt even exist if it wasnt for that.

The very place that you leave your message wouldnt even exist as you know it. :laugh:
I have nothing but respect for competitive Smashers and the tourney scene. I'm hopeful that Brawl will prove to have the same degree of depth, in terms of new advanced techniques and the like.

But at the end of the day, the reason I enjoy Brawl is because its a fun multiplayer game to play with friends. And by this standard, the game has exceeded my expectations.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
My main complaint is that Brawl is really, really unfriendly to new players. In most 5-stock matchs, my wife and I got dragoon at least 3 times! Are you guys seeing this kind of frequency of 'rare' items?

I am just glad that item switch was accessable from the begining. I was having a hard time getting my bearings with all the constant item mayhem happening.

Now, on the other hand... With items off and playing the Yoshi stage, we were able to really dig into our new characters. We were both very happy about that.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
It's Brawl not a sequel to Melee

I love this game and have no clue why everybodies so pissed! get over it Brawl is not Melee 2!

And I LOVE Lucario and the Spear Pillar stage XD

pirkid

Smash Lord
I love this game and have no clue why everybodies so pissed! get over it Brawl is not Melee 2!

And I LOVE Lucario and the Spear Pillar stage XD
We're all very happy for you.

It's jsut that people expected PERFECTION, and when something doesn't go right for them, the whole game is more "dirty" in their eyes.
Get what I'm saying?

ManCarrot

Smash Cadet
The answer is simple. People aren't willing to adapt to change. People are not willing to understand this is a totally different game than melee thus, they still try to play it as Melee. People are ungrateful little stubborn widgets that also don't realize if they don't like it then keep playing Melee and let us others actually give the game ample time to be dissected as we did Melee which took 7 years. And Most of all PEOPLE DON'T GET THE FACT THAT they are comparing this, which been out for not even 2 days, to a game that has been out for 7 years! People wasn't even thinking of Melee being "Competitive" after its 2d day of release hell we didn't even know what the heck a wave dash or L cancel was... Get over it and move on. Nothing stays the same. If I was Sakurai and came on here to see peoples reactions to my game I wouldn't even consider making a smash Bros 4. Seeing how much time he put into ever frame rate and come here to see these ungrateful complaining emo kids whine over a little change. Here is the thing don't like it then keep wave dash and L-canceling by your self in your own little competitive world, while we all adapt to change because we are just THAT much more mature when it comes to gaming.

Razorsaw

Smash Apprentice

What made Smash so successful was the broad appeal, the accessibility of the gameplay, and the marketability of the concept.

What you're saying is like saying Pokemon is successful because of the metagame.

When you appeal to a niche, it's insanely difficult to continue getting the numbers associated with Smash's success.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
There should be an official compilation thread of all the arguments and counterarguments why Brawl sucks so as to shut the noobs up. Or maybe rile them up, since most lack skill/insight/logic.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
If I'm negative at all it is because I am disatisfied with the product I payed for. For all the hype and waiting it simply didn't meet expectations as the sequel to smash64 and melee. If it was any other game on its own it would be fantastic, but Brawl has a huge legacy to live up to.

Razorsaw

Smash Apprentice
There should be an official compilation thread of all the arguments and counterarguments why Brawl sucks so as to shut the noobs up. Or maybe rile them up, since most lack skill/insight/logic.
I'm afraid that your attempt to debase us into kind of category just shows that you're guilty of the exact same thing you accuse us of.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Really, what kills me about this matter is that there so many people on the two extremes: the people who believe that Brawl is gaming perfect and the people that believe Brawl is a complete disaster. Brawl is a great game but it has its flaws. If you suggest anything different, you are automatically seen as a villain to about 75% of the forums. Is anyone else here bothered by this?

6footninja

Smash Ace
I think its a matter of how picky people are. If your a needy spammer who expects perfection in everything, then not only is Brawl not for you, life isnt for you.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
I think its a matter of how picky people are. If your a needy spammer who expects perfection in everything, then not only is Brawl not for you, life isnt for you.
I have to agree with you there. There's no benefit to being picky. At best, it increases your stress level and makes you more annoying.

The game is a good game, if you don't like it right now there are plenty of ways to ease yourself into the game. And since there's plenty of ways to unlock everything--or so it seems--there's no reason to do something you don't want to do in order to get something you like.

For me, all I had to do was turn the items off for a couple of days, and slowly turn them back on. Your mileage may vary, user discretion is advised, void where prohibited.

Top Bottom