• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why ppl dont want sheik in ssbb

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
Ok, lately their have been ppl crying about the fact they don't want sheik in ssbb, which i personally think that sheik is a great character and not including her is stupidity. anyways im making this tread for the simple reason for all the sheik haters out their and ask why do you not want sheik to make it is it the sheik grudge and if they fix would it be fine then and to all the sheik fans like me what should they to sheik for brawl ?

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Ok, lately their have been ppl crying about the fact they don't want sheik in ssbb, which i personally think that sheik is a great character and not including her is stupidity. anyways im making this tread for the simple reason for all the sheik haters out their and ask why do you not want sheik to make it is it the sheik grudge and if they fix would it be fine then and to all the sheik fans like me what should they to sheik for brawl ?
What? Where? What people said they don't want my girl Sheik in SSBB? I'll maul em! (shakes fists)

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Sheik's a girl!

I'm still wondering if Zelda will transform into Shiek or they will be seperate characters. If the last one, that's great!
I think Shuma was jus playin cuz. Jus relax man.

Eh.....nah man, I think Sheik is losin her significance cause a sista did not show up on Twilight Princess. Dang, it would piss me off on da real if she didn't show up on Brawl.

JonnyJinx

Smash Cadet
The main reason is probably because the Zelda in Brawl is Twilight Princess-era Zelda, who doesn't transform into Shiek. I never really used Zelda or Shiek though so it doesn't bother me either way. I guess if they can't make the transformation, they can always make her a separate character completely.

SiD

Smash Master
That doesn't confirm anything actually dude.

But really though, there is ZERO reason to remove a character that isn't a clone. Shiek will return, the only question is as a new char or still a transformation.

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Sheik should be in Brawl. She was breaking the balance of the game; everyone I know used her at one time or another.

Plus she wasn't in any of the recent Legend of Zelda games.

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
Nerf Fox and Falco then do whatever you want to sheik

I don't understand why ppl would want any character to be worse. Why Fox and Falco? Falco already gets combo'd to hell by every character on top of having a bad recovery. SHL is the best approach tactic in the game, but there are so many ways around it. Fox is almost in the same boat as Falco IMO. Roy, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Ganon, Mario, Jiggs, Doc, Samus, Ice Climbers, Falcon, Marth, Peach, Shiek, Falco and Fox can all **** good space animals on a higher level of play on certain stages. Chain grabs, Capes, Needles, Rest Combos, Pillar Combos, Tail Spikes, Tech Chase Combos, ect.. the list goes on. So you want to make Fox and Falco worse even though they are some of the easiest characters to combo (even with good DI)? Why not make everyone better? Thats a much better alternative.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Look, as a Zelda main, I feel that Zelda doesn't get enough appreciation. I know some people thinkshe sucks, that's just because you haven't taken the timeand effort to master her, like I did. There were several occations where I jusst wanted to change to Shiek, but I told myself no...

A LOT of people are probably going to hate me for saying this, but Shiek is so easy to use-and that fact right there is the reason why people use Shiek. You don't need time and effort to be good woth her.(Sure, if you wanna finish Sheik's target test in 6secs, but that's a different story.)

People get mad when they have been practing with a character so long, but then somone who's never played the game before beats them with Shiek. Just like a game where you know what your doing, say Soul Calibur, and your cousin comes over, and has never played it before. You play, and he beats you. That can really piss someone off.

It's also loike a job, say being a real estate agent...you have been working on a housefor two weeks, but the couple dosen't seem instrested. Then, a new guy comes along, first day on his job, and sells the house. Don't tell me that wouldn't piss anyone off.

I guess it's justaform of jealousy, because they can't handle the fact that on the tier list, this character is better.

However, I'm fine with Shiek in brawl, as long as Shiek is still connected to Zelda.

endoKarb

Smash Rookie
Whatever they're going to do with Sheik, I just hope they drop the trasformation idea. It just doesn't work in practice, everybody just use one or the other.

Then again, Sheik doesn't make much sense as a separate character either (she IS Zelda after all) so I just hope they remove her at all and give Zelda some new down B attack, also considering Sheik didn't appear in the most recent Zelda game.

Maybe they could put an item that only spawns when Zelda is in a match that transform her into Sheik for a limited period of time, or just put a time limit on the down B trasformation that she uses now.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
actually, i'm hoping sheik returns.

there's no reason why any character in previous series may or may not return.
solely up to sakurai.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I hope Sheik returns. I enjoyed using both Sheik and Zelda interchangably, and this is a great opportunity for the team to balance both characters.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
The key reasons why people don't want Sheik to come back are:

1. The most important reason: Sheik is broken.

2. Nobody picks Zelda to actually use Zelda; it's not fair to her (nor is it fair that Sheik's presence actually pushes her further down the tiers).

3. The Brawl Zelda is the TP Zelda, who cannot turn into Sheik.

I personally don't care that much if he comes back (since TP Zelda doesn't transform they can just make Sheik a separate character and give him and Zelda new Down+B moves); what I care more about is whether or not he'd remain so broken. I like Sheik, but not as he is in Melee.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
The Command Star Fox can't use Firefox. lol. jk.

But the point is, just because it's a different model, doesn't really mean anything. Smash has always be a mash of different moves from different games.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
There are 2 reasons why people don't want Sheik back. Both of them are stupid.

Some people don't want Sheik back because "This Zelda is from TP. And she can't turn into Sheik." TP Zelda couldn't do any of Zelda's other moves either. So I guess we should assume Zelda won't have any moves in this game. I don't see why people don't realise that this Zelda represents all Zeldas, not just one, since they're all basically the same character anyway.

The other people say Sheik should return because "she's too good." That's just like the people who say a character should return because "they suck and no one uses them." If that were the case, Jigglypuff and Luigi wouldn't have been in Melee. How good a character was in Melee isn't going to make any difference in Brawl. Sheik could be the worst character and Pichu could be the best.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Right... so in that case... if you want to be realistic with characters since Zelda is TP and doesn't turn in to shiek... we should take away C. Falcon's moves because he DOESN'T REALLY fight. OR Ness shouldn't have most of his PSI moves because he basically only knew Rockin.

This game isn't about realism... or basically making sense. Remember, this is the game where Ganon can beat Link... which of course, never happens in the true game.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
it wouldn't be fair on samus users if sheik was a separate character.
if zamus and samus have to be the same so should zelda/sheik!

Drake3

Smash Ace
I think their transformation skill was stupid. Cool and extremely unique but stupid nonetheless. PT forces you to change pokemon based on "stamina" but I see no plausible way to force you to change between Sheik and Zelda.

RWB

Smash Ace
Right... so in that case... if you want to be realistic with characters since Zelda is TP and doesn't turn in to shiek... we should take away C. Falcon's moves because he DOESN'T REALLY fight. OR Ness shouldn't have most of his PSI moves because he basically only knew Rockin.

This game isn't about realism... or basically making sense. Remember, this is the game where Ganon can beat Link... which of course, never happens in the true game.
C.Falcon is one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy. He does really fight(although we never get to see it >_<), unlike Sheik, who is a disguise with the fantastic abilities of vanishing and playing a harp. Yay. But its not like that is anything that has to do with this.

The reason I don't want Sheik in, is that many other Zelda characters deserve to be in there more than her. Tingle, just for ONE example.

And if any Zelda alter ego is in, it should be Tetra...
Oh, God. Don't tell me they'll make a Tetra/Sheik character. >_<

Reyairia

Smash Champion
And if any Zelda alter ego is in, it should be Tetra...
Oh, God. Don't tell me they'll make a Tetra/Sheik character. >_<
I liked Tetra more than Shiek, at least in that Zelda transformation we're sure that Tetra is a girl. When with Shiek we don't know if Zelda disguised herself as a male ninja, as a female ninja, or actually transformed herself into a guy. I wish that would be cleared up but it's prolly not likely.

I wouldn't mind Shiek as long as he/she's not in as a separate character and gets nerfed.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think it would be cool if Zelda's down B transformed her into Sheik, Sheik's down B transformed her into Tetra, and Tetra's down B transformed her back into Zelda.

RWB
The reason I don't want Sheik in, is that many other Zelda characters deserve to be in there more than her. Tingle, just for ONE example.
You might want to get checked out, because that last sentence was borderline ********.
Tingle might be the crappiest character in the history of video games. He looks like he's probably a registered sex offender. And why the fug would Tingle get in if Toad didn't?

I'd rather have Mr. Saturn as a playable character than Tingle.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I think it would be cool if Zelda's down B transformed her into Sheik, Sheik's down B transformed her into Tetra, and Tetra's down B transformed her back into Zelda.

You might want to get checked out, because that last sentence was borderline ********.
Tingle might be the crappiest character in the history of video games. He looks like he's probably a registered sex offender. And why the fug would Tingle get in if Toad didn't?

I'd rather have Mr. Saturn as a playable character than Tingle.
Tingle being "crappy" is purely YOUR OPINION. Nintendo and Japan ADORE Tingle, Kensuke Tanabe practically saying he and his boss want him to be the next Mario and Link. And Toad is just a general unspecific species/character, while Tingle is a specific character, being around since Majora's Mask.

Did I forget to mention he has his own franchise now?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Tingle is so crappy that's why he's one of the most popular character in Japan. A recurring Zelda character; iirc even had his own game.

Don't even bring up "Well if he's not liked world-wide" bs; because if you do then you are saying that Ridley and Sonic won't be in the game because they're not as popular in Japan as they are in the U.S

-Knight

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
I'm tired of people complaining about Sheik being "imbalanced". Sheik is no such thing, he/she (let's just say he, because it's supposed to be Zelda masquerading as a man.) is a perfectly balanced out character compared to the other higher tiered characters like Link and Marth. My friends sometimes complain that Sheik is imbalanced just because I always win, but they don't realize that it's just because I'm better at the game than they are!
People need to stop whining about getting beaten by Sheik and stop calling him an overpowered character just because they can't beat people that play as him. Any other character could defeat Sheik, he isn't an overpowered character and he should be included in Brawl for the sole reason that a large base of players need him. I'm a Sheik main and proud of it, and if he doesn't make his way into brawl (or someone similar in fighting style at least) somebody is going to have to answer for it.
So why doesn't everyone just stop complaining and arguing over whether characters should return. We should be speculating about what new characters there should be and what new opportunities should be possible, not bickering at each other about a legitimate character that should be included for the sole reason of staying true to the series.

-end of rant-

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Here's why people want Sheik to not return:

Fairly minor character in the franchise: Sheik only appeared in one game. While characters that are wanted to be removed (Pichu, Y. Link, Dr. Mario, Roy) appeared in at least 2 games for goodness sake.

Lack of Zelda apprieaction: With Sheik being the better of the two, people will only see Zelda as someone on the character select screen and nothing more really. Most people don't try to master Zelda because she's the strong, slow character.

Stick Sheik's moveset on anybody, and that will be a new main: The ONLY ONLY reason people want Sheik to return is because of her moveset and that's it. Just the moveset and nothing. Because I gurantee that if Shiek was bottom tier, more people would want her to be gone. If Sheik goes or is downgraded and they decided to stick her Melee moveset to another character, I'm sure Shiek users will start to master that said character

Vali

Smash Ace
he/she (let's just say he, because it's supposed to be Zelda masquerading as a man.)
Should at all times be referred to as "he/she/it/potatoe"

is a perfectly balanced out character compared to the other higher tiered characters like Link and Marth.
Erm no, otherwise the matchup list would have 5 across the boards and Sheik wouldn't be the counter-pick to Marth if they were perfectly balanced. Plus "perfectly balanced" as a character doesn't mean that the character is balanced against the top tier (which in itself is imbalanced) but against everyone. Like Mario is.

Any other character could defeat Sheik, he isn't an overpowered character
The whole point of a character's strength imbalance is that it doesn't take the player's skill into account. Of equal skill, Pichu cannot defeat Sheik. Simple as that.

he should be included in Brawl for the sole reason that a large base of players need him.
"need him"? Will the Sheik mains from Melee wither away and die if Sheik is not included? The people that play Sheik for Sheik are few and far between and definitely in the minority to those that play Sheik because he is a top tier character. Should Sheik return to Brawl then I very much doubt that he/she/it/potatoe'll be the same since the overpowered characters will need nerfing to balance them. Then all of the Top Tier Only Sheik players will move on to whatever becomes the best character in Brawl and Sheik will be a useless waste of a character spot.

We should be speculating about what new characters there should be and what new opportunities should be possible, not bickering at each other about a legitimate character that should be included for the sole reason of staying true to the series.
No, it's more that the production time could be better spent on said new characters. Much better spent imo. Sheik is outdated in the Zelda franchise and only has a fanbase of those that love the moveset of Sheik rather than the actual "character". That is not a "legitimate" reason for being in Brawl.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Lack of Zelda apprieaction: With Sheik being the better of the two, people will only see Zelda as someone on the character select screen and nothing more really. Most people don't try to master Zelda because she's the strong, slow character.
I feel like that is the main reason as to why people have such a problem with Sheik she takes away everything from Zelda to the point that there is no reason to use her at all because Sheik is better than her.

Even though Zelda is neglected so much I don't feel that Sheik should be kicked out; rather have something implmented if Sheik is returning as Zelda vB; so that Sheik isn't stealing the spot-light away from Zelda.

-Knight

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Reyairia
Tingle being "crappy" is purely YOUR OPINION.
The guy I was responding to stated his opinion too. I don't see why I can't respond to his opinion with my own opinion. And for that matter, since when is it not okay to have an opinion?

Reyairia
Nintendo and Japan ADORE Tingle
How do you know what Japan likes? Because you read it on a website?

Reyairia
Kensuke Tanabe practically saying he and his boss want him to be the next Mario and Link.
That sentence not making any sense. Anyway, he never said he wants Tingle to be the next Mario and Link. He said that they were looking for a character to promote besides Mario and Link. That's not the same thing. Tingle will never be as big as Mario and Link. If you think he will, you're wrong.

Reyairia
And Toad is just a general unspecific species/character, while Tingle is a specific character, being around since Majora's Mask.
I'll bet you that more people know who Toad is and more people would want Toad in the game.

Reyairia
Did I forget to mention he has his own franchise now?
Who doesn't?

GreenKirby
Fairly minor character in the franchise: Sheik only appeared in one game. While characters that are wanted to be removed (Pichu, Y. Link, Dr. Mario, Roy) appeared in at least 2 games for goodness sake.
That's as dumb as that other guy who said something like "If you don't want Tingle in the game, you can't want Sonic in the game." Those characters have absolutely nothing to do with Sheik. You don't even know if the people arguing to keep Sheik want those characters removed. So your point made no sense.

GreenKirby
That's because Zelda sucks. If it were the other way around, would you want Zelda removed? Not many people play as Mr. Game & Watch either. Is that Sheik's fault too?

People hardly ever use Peach's fsmash because her dsmash is so much better. They should remove her dsmash, because it isn't fair to her fsmash. Men don't pee in public toilets because it's easier to just use the urinals. They should remove urinals because they're unfair to toilets. Nobody rides horse and carriages anymore because cars are better. They should remove cars. Nobody saw that crappy Lindsay Lohan movie because it came out the same weekend as the Simpsons. That wasn't fair, they shouldn't have shown the Simpsons.

You guys are probably thinking that everything I just said is completely stupid, irrelevant, and has no point to it once so ever. You're absolutely right. That's exactly how people sound when they say "Sheik should be removed because it's unfair to Zelda."

Like Zelda's feelings are being hurt or something. If people are using Sheik instead of Zelda, it's because they would rather play as Sheik. For whatever reason... Maybe it's because they like Sheik's moves, maybe it's because Sheik doesn't sound like the name of an 80 year old woman, or maybe it's because they can't tell if Sheik is a man or a woman and they're into that sort of thing. Whatever the reason is, if they're using Sheik instead of Zelda it's because they want to use Sheik. They're happy because they get to be who they want to be, and Zelda's happy because she's a fictional character who doesn't care if you pick her or not because she's not real. Everybody wins! If you really have a problem with people not using Zelda, then why don't you pick Zelda? Otherwise, stfu, because nobody cares.

GreenKirby
The ONLY ONLY reason people want Sheik to return is because of her moveset and that's it. Just the moveset and nothing. Because I gurantee that if Shiek was bottom tier, more people would want her to be gone.
If Albert Einstein wasn't a genious, no one would remember him. What's your point?

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
The Command Star Fox can't use Firefox. lol. jk.
I guess it's a good thing that the Brawl Fox is not the Command Fox. None of the Fox incarnations can use Fire Fox, and this version of Fox reflects that by being simultaneously all and none of the Foxes.

There are 2 reasons why people don't want Sheik back. Both of them are stupid.

Some people don't want Sheik back because "This Zelda is from TP. And she can't turn into Sheik." TP Zelda couldn't do any of Zelda's other moves either. So I guess we should assume Zelda won't have any moves in this game. I don't see why people don't realise that this Zelda represents all Zeldas, not just one, since they're all basically the same character anyway.

The other people say Sheik should return because "she's too good." That's just like the people who say a character should return because "they suck and no one uses them." If that were the case, Jigglypuff and Luigi wouldn't have been in Melee. How good a character was in Melee isn't going to make any difference in Brawl. Sheik could be the worst character and Pichu could be the best.
I do agree with you about the TP thing; if they bring back Sheik I really hope he is a separate character.

I am going to say this once and for all, to everybody in this thread. The prime reason people (your beloved Ken included) don't want Sheik to come back is not a case of him being "too good", "unbalanced", etc. To say that a character is "too good" in this case is just a generalization and is more correct if used to describe a player. To say that a character is just unbalanced in this case is inaccurate because there are unbalanced characters in this game that are not what Sheik and Marth are (Fox and Falco, for example).

SHEIK. IS. A. BROKEN. CHARACTER.

And if you don't know what broken means, here is the definition:

-So unbalanced and overpowered that it becomes literally unfair for a player to use against another player. In other words, too unbalanced and overpowered.-

Accept it and move on. If he is tweaked to be fair in Brawl, nobody will complain.

RWB

Smash Ace
I said Tingle was more deserving because he is. Sheik wasn't even a character of his/her/its/potatoes own, and appeared in ONE game.

Tingle has his own series, is crazy popular in Japan, is a recurring Zelda character... See my point?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
what has to be done so that people use sheik and zelda at the same time, transforming in the middle of the battle is to add the stamina thing, like Pokemon Trainer, some would say "it doesnt make any sence, they are the same person, and PT pokemons are different beings, why would she regain the stamina?", well, for the same reason PT pokemon share the damage meter, they are different beings, why would someone who hasnt been use in the battle be equally damage as the one use before him?
this game is not realistic, a rocket that Snake shoot at Pit's head didnt kill Pit, so there is no problem with the stamina thing.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Ahem,...
Eiji Anouma,in an interview on GamesInformer.com,has already confirmed Ganondorf and SHEIK about two months ago.
So,sorry,Sheik's haters,but he/she will be in Brawl!!!:)
Ah,here you are the link. http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm
That doesn't confirm anything actually dude.

But really though, there is ZERO reason to remove a character that isn't a clone. Shiek will return, the only question is as a new char or still a transformation.
Actually dude that tells us alot

SiD

Smash Master
Come on guys, are you seriously suggesting we remove a character with an original moveset because "she's outdated" or "overpowered"?

That's ********. Sure, she should be balanced out, but outdated? Doesn't matter. She was in Melee. Adding her in now might be dumb, but she's already in the series. There is no reason for her to return.

And Tingle would be ******** for a fighting game, defiinitley less suited for one than a ninja/potatoe like Sheik.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
And Tingle would be ******** for a fighting game, defiinitley less suited for one than a ninja/potatoe like Sheik.
What define's wether or not a character is "suited" for a fighting game? SSB isn't like other fighting games where one has to have a fighting build to be in the game.

Perhaps you could look at the Tingle thread? Lunadis created an excellent moveset for Tingle.

I'm not saying that you have to support Tingle at all, but him being including as a playable fighter isn't entirely out of this world.

-Knight

Top Bottom