• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Metaknight Should Not Be Banned (A.K.A The Community Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
lol, that sucks ***...

I like how the 3 of us have 3 separate convo's going on in different 3 threads, lol.
Yeah that is pretty epic. And those bonfires are so great. I used to go before I would drink and so telephone when your one of two people sober is funny as hell but they became so much better later.

And there was this one really hot twenty year old who could mix a drink so well and she would always say when I was young lol: I can't leave you in good conscious if you don't have a drink in your hand lol.

PND

Smash Champion
To actually take this back on topic for a sec, I think the idea of banning MK is just laughable. He can be countered, he has bad matchups. People just didn't want to put the time into learning how to combat him like I and many others did. Yes, I got my *** kicked at first. I practiced against several different players using several differnt matchups, and now he's beatable. He's a good character, yes. But he's beatable. Learn the matchup, stop johning about the character. Too many are quick to blame the metaknight for their loss, not the player behind him.

Alex, you actually raise a point. Combined, DDD and G&W hurt the roster far more than MK does, or ever could. Metaknight is good against most characters, but he's never their worst matchup. DeDeDe and Game & Watch often are. They single handedly destroy the viability of the bottom half of the roster.

And G&W has as many or LESS bad matchups than MK. Plus G&W has a ridiculous recovery, good kill moves and can't be stage coutnerpicked. Doesn't that sound EXACTLY like MK? Doesn't G&W only have 3 disadvantages? Sounds like MK to me. BANHAMMER time.

Now, neither of them are bannable, but to me MK seems less bannable than those two if we're talking about "fun," "character diversity," and "breaking the counterpick system" as the pro ban side often does.

EDIT: m2k vs NinjaLink REMATCH
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=tLWmsD...d=event_535263
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bF75wD...d=event_251359

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
hahaha, G&W will never get banned. A few bad matchups and a ton of amazing ones isn't quite the same as not a ton of amazing matchups but no bad or even matchups.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
lol, of course some people want him banned, but NOBODY is seriously considering it AT ALL, because there is absolutely no strong warrant for the ban.
I don't like him... can we use that as a strong warrant?

Heh Ill, I don't play the Puff, so I'm not on these boards all that often (only this thread in fact). Now go to the Kirby boards and you'll see me more often.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
lol, of course some people want him banned, but NOBODY is seriously considering it AT ALL, because there is absolutely no strong warrant for the ban.
Hey I saw that match you had against DDD it was great I favorited today.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I don't like him... can we use that as a strong warrant?

Heh Ill, I don't play the Puff, so I'm not on these boards all that often (only this thread in fact). Now go to the Kirby boards and you'll see me more often.
a bunch of people around here no longer main or play puff much, but they stick around cause the jiggs boards are the ****.

Hey I saw that match you had against DDD it was great I favorited today.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if he helps jigglypuff. the majority of the mks on the market get by just by being really aggressive with him, but the best know how to space. metaknight is outstanding if he stays back and plays very safely, he's the safest character in the game. theres pretty much nothing jiggs can do against a good mk. i would say the only character id not rather fight is gw, just because he can do as much safe damage but can kill much earlier.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
i dont know if he helps jigglypuff. the majority of the mks on the market get by just by being really aggressive with him, but the best know how to space. metaknight is outstanding if he stays back and plays very safely, he's the safest character in the game. theres pretty much nothing jiggs can do against a good mk. i would say the only character id not rather fight is gw, just because he can do as much safe damage but can kill much earlier.
Nah, MK can be beaten even if he is campy. Much better than G&W, Olimar, or Falco.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I play Lucas... What makes GW ban-worthy? That he beat's Jiggs/Lucas? I just counterpick :p
Meh... he isn't ban worthy except for the fact that his new bucket tech allows him to survive forever. But he absolutely dominates like 5 characters.

And why are we back on topic? Seriously, this is the babe thread.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Naw dude, with the MK ban lifted in Canada, MI should be heading up there on the 20th and we'll **** the **** out of you guys. Don't expect Ally to get top 3.

PND

Smash Champion
I heard M2K's trying to show up, too. So don't worry, Canada will prove that we're better :p Bring on Anther, bring on Lain, bring on M2K and NoJ.

Actually, no. Wait until January, so I can be the one to dethrone ya guys. :chuckle:

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
what do you mean the MK ban lifted??? We never banned MK at any tourneys, Niko considered and then said nah eff that. Besides our best HUMAN players (Ally=Robot) don't use MK as a main except for KingAce.

Get ***** MI Canada runs things.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Ally, you just got lucky the last time MI was in Canada because you didn't have to play Lain and this time we should be bringing Anther, who's better than M2K... You guys are gonna get your *** handed to you.

PND

Smash Champion
CH4: (Canadians bolded)
1: Azen Zagenite (Lucario/MetaKnight)
2: Mew2King (MetaKnight)
3: Seibrik/Snakekiller3000 (King Dedede)
4: G-regulate (Snake)
5: Chillindude829 (Metaknight/Falco)
5: KingAce (MetaKnight)
7: Ninjalink (Diddy Kong)
7: Ambrose (Ice Climbers)
9: Forte (MetaKnight)
9: Percon (Snake)
9: Plank (MetaKnight)
9: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
13: Korn (King Dedede)
13: Atomsk (King Dedede)
13: Neo (Marth)
13: Chu Dat (Kirby)
17: JL
17: Boss
17: Biglue
17: Slikvik
17: Inui
17: black walts
17: Thumbswayup
17: Chibosempai

That plus Ally. Canada ain't no slouch. We got this.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Haha, Canada's good, and you're a lot better than most of the Midwest, but MI's simply better.

PND

Smash Champion
One thing's for sure. Canada, MI, and EC (NYC, NJ) are def the 3 strongest scenes in smash.

WC and Dirty South ain't got **** on us.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Mike, I take it you aren't gonna be at this?

Is anyone on the Jiggs boards going to be at this?

PND

Smash Champion
Nah, I gotta miss this one. I don't have a ride to it. Buses are too expensive (almost $200. . . **** that) I REEEEAAALLLY want to go, but not enough for a one way $200 bus ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom