• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Lucas?

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Ness is my best character, I love the Mother series, it's only natural I'd try Lucas out, and whadda ya know, Lucas became my second best character. :bee:

Smash Cadet
I don't know, because in SSE I was thinking who is this scared kid? But I grew to like him :D

PCHU

Smash Lord
Eh, he's a kid.
GAME.

Anywayz, he just says stuff in a funny way, I find him quite hilarious.
His usmash, though......
Wow.
That's what a smash is supposed to be.
His dsmash rocks.
Like a mini-explosive.
But Lucas's hair....
CHIBI ROXAS?!

Seriously, I can imagine him dual-wielding sticks like keyblades.
And if you get a laser sword......
YEAH!
SUPER SMASH HEARTS BRAWL!

I did that on Melee with Young LInk.
It just doesn't work with Toony like it did with Mr. Young.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I like lucas, but then again I also like every other character (Except for Pit... "HIYIYIYIYAAA"... *shudder*) Lucas is great against nearly every situation, and he has quality in his animations. Also, I have played MOTHER3 (Cousin went to Japan and brought me a present!). The game is like Earthbound, but quirkier in a lot of ways. The story is uber-compelling and the gameplay just floors you. Back to the original line of conversation, Lucas is my second for a reason: Marth has a lot of speed to him, and his sweet-spot on his sword forces you to space yourself.

God Kaze

Smash Rookie
Wow, this thread has certainly grown since I've been gone (0.0). I must remember to check back more often, lol. Anyway, thanks to everyone who posted! I've really enjoyed reading your reasons and stories of why we "PK Love" Lucas! (bad pun, I know, lol)

Brody2

Smash Cadet
I've used Ness since the days of 64. Tried out Lucas out of curiosity and enjoyed his balanced gameplay and absolutely loved his moveset (and I liked the red hair...appealed to the Irish in me like someone said earlier).

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
I've used Ness since the days of 64. Tried out Lucas out of curiosity and enjoyed his balanced gameplay and absolutely loved his moveset (and I liked the red hair...appealed to the Irish in me like someone said earlier).
Lucas is blond.

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
I seriously have NO idea. When I started up the game, I tried Peach... She wasn't as good as she used to be. So I went over to Lucas and tried him. I have no idea why (I HATED Ness in Melee because I was a newbie back then and I didn't like his up+b). But Lucas was so easy to use for me for some reason. And then I became an Earthbound fan.
So now Lucas is my main <3

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I didn't want to play Lucas at first--I was a die-hard Ness main back in Melee. Seeing as Ness wasn't a starter in Brawl, I tried Lucas out for kicks. I ended up liking his special moves and overall physics better than Ness'.

Oh, and he has the best hair in Brawl. By far. How can that NOT be appealing?

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I also acquired a taste for Lucas. I was originally a Metaknight player, and a horrible one at that... all I did was spam his F-smash and abuse the C-stick.

I picked up Lucas because I was looking for something different... He just felt so natural to use, and stopped my C-stick abuse by incorporating PK fire.

I owe my whole playstyle and emergence into actually being a solid player to Lucas.

...Oh, and his watermelon outfit is cute :3

Wilhelmina Carmel

Smash Rookie
I seriously have NO idea. When I started up the game, I tried Peach... She wasn't as good as she used to be. So I went over to Lucas and tried him. I have no idea why (I HATED Ness in Melee because I was a newbie back then and I didn't like his up+b). But Lucas was so easy to use for me for some reason. And then I became an Earthbound fan.
So now Lucas is my main <3
LiekWOA, your story is in every way identical to mine for why I'm using Lucas.

AAAAAA BRAIN TWINS.

Kdizzy34

Smash Rookie
I chose Lucas because after playing for a few days against my friend who has mained a Ness since N64 days.
So after a few days of Brawl, we played a match where he used Ness and i decided to use Lucas as a kind of Mother clash.
So since it was my first time using Lucas, i pretty much rolled and dodged and played mindgames until i got it down, and i ended up beating his Ness. He was crushed, and i found my main. lol

Dark Zell

Smash Rookie
I use Lucas because the person I looked up to used Lucas and I was amazed. He gave up Lucas for Fox, but I stuck with Lucas because I caught on and did good with him. Still use some others like Diddy, but Lucas is my main.

NessFire

Smash Rookie
For me, it started way back in the days of SSB64. Then, my brothers and I all played together, and I was intrigued by this effed-up character that seemed so hard to unlock called Ness. I trained and busted my *** to better myself with this weird character, because he was unique and nobody wanted to even think about using him, especially with his (then) seemingly unacceptable lack of an upB recovery. Needless to say, I r4ped house after that.

As time progressed through Melee, I got to play Earthbound by way of ROM. The fact that he's the only true character from an RPG (I don't really think Pokemon counts, that's me.) in SSB, coupled with the fact that I could destroy and annoy my friends with a character they all thought of as a joke really solidified my love for the little boy and his bat.

And now, with Brawl, they had to go and give me more weapons in my arsenal by way of Lucas. FTW.

ctk495

Smash Cadet
I like lucas my friend that is very good with him always plays with me and I learn a lot from him. lucas is one of my mains alongside pit.

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
I liked Ness in Melee was good, and I thought Lucas could only be better.

Top Bottom