• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Lucas?

God Kaze

Smash Rookie
Purely out of curiosity, what drew you to use Lucas? I’m sure there’s been a thread like this already, but hey, I’m new here, lol.

For some reason, Lucas’ reliance on his Psycho Kinetic powers just appealed to me. It's what convinved me to work on him and he soon became my main.

KF11

Smash Apprentice
always been a MOther fans and i played mother 3 no long before brawl so i defenitely needed to try him and i liked is play style, now hes my main along with diddy kong

God Kaze

Smash Rookie
I guess there's no denying the power of that hair...

always been a MOther fans and i played mother 3 no long before brawl so i defenitely needed to try him and i liked is play style, now hes my main along with diddy kong
Sweet, I use Diddy Kong too! I'm stuck on who to choose for my third though.

I used him the SSE once and I thought he was awesome. Oh, the hair, definitely the hair.
I'm glad they included SSE in the game, it gives players a chance to try ALL the characters, wether they like it or not. XD

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
If Ness didn't look so D*** stupid, I would use him, but I second lucas. They are both great chars. Also lucas' PKF is hella useful in the air.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
He has some attacks that are lightning fast (dtilt and ftilt) and 2 slow smashes that are stronger than most characters normal smashes,, not to mention a reliable fsmash, the only reach-grab i can use proficiently (and i don't know why.) his reach grab has the shortest lag time if you miss, though its still horrendous..

He has 3 projectiles, a reflector (fsmash), and absorbs 2x as much damage from energy attacks.

2 meteor attacks. 3 no-lag aerials.

Why not Lucas lol?

God Kaze

Smash Rookie
He has some attacks that are lightning fast (dtilt and ftilt) and 2 slow smashes that are stronger than most characters normal smashes,, not to mention a reliable fsmash, the only reach-grab i can use proficiently (and i don't know why.) his reach grab has the shortest lag time if you miss, though its still horrendous..

He has 3 projectiles, a reflector (fsmash), and absorbs 2x as much damage from energy attacks.

2 meteor attacks. 3 no-lag aerials.

Why not Lucas lol?
Nicely put (0.0). While your decision is based completely on gameplay, others choose him for other reasons like his game-history. I'm glad I made this thread!

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I really did not plan on using lucas at all before brawl came out, but after I played him I realized that he was perfect for me, I can be defensive and offensive at the same time! I also love how he has such a great recovery along with projectiles, anti-projectile moves, and anti-rollspammer move, and a variety of great killing moves.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Though not a single person who's replied on the thread so far has a picture of Lucas as their avatar, and we're all kissing his *ss.

Go us!

mitani

Smash Rookie
Hmm...Lucas is like the Ken and Ness is like the Ryu (I dunno). That's why I picked him. I am that Ken guy. Doesn't mean I don't use Ness!

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
1) he actually uses his pk powers for attacks
2) he can spike (slingshot kick!!!!!!)
3) he has an irish costume (the red hair one)
4) he hits people with a stick, now thats gangsta
5) his pkfire makes him do a kamehameha pose
6) lucas has a pet snake

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I usually enjoy kids with some kind of special powers. I like all the young mage characters in RPGs, and I've always been really interested in psychic powers, too. Other than that, I see Lucas as a shy underdog, so it's fun for me to try to help him come out ahead.

His fighting style's also awesome. I just love all the crackling noises and electricity involved in his moves. The whole BZAAAAP! as the enemy's sent flying. Very fun. Nonetheless, I'd probably play him no matter how he fought. Teirs are absolutely unimportant to me; I select my characters based almost exclusively on their personalities.

And their hair, of course. But that goes without saying.

Levitas

the moon
I liked Ness in 64, which made me play Earthbound, which made me play the other games, which made me like lucas.

And I like PK Fire. A lot.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I was forced to use him in SSE, didn't like him much then.

Then I was messing around in an online brawl with my friends, and picked Lucas since none of us were being serious at the time. I seemed to like him better that time around, and I tried him out a few more times, and was hooked.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
the first character i used in brawl was Samus (melee main), but she sucks, then i tried every newcomer and i liked Pokemon Trainer and Lucas, but i prefered PT and said that lucas recovery was bad. A few days later, i found this board and learnd all the AT for Lucas, and since then, i can't play without him :)

I bleed audio

Smash Rookie
Definately the hair, definately the hair...no actually I just loved his Pk powers compared to Ness' and I was intrigued by the concept of using pkfreeze to edge guard.

secretcode

Smash Cadet
NNID
Secretcod
3DS FC
2337-3743-8226
Not tryin to copy Backlash's format but here goes why I alt him

1) Spikes
2) Claus Costume
3) PK Freeze is highly effective and fun for edgeguarding
4) PK Thunder goes through people and platforms, making it... Easier for recovery.
5) On the subject of recovery, His Rope Snake is also an effective tool that Ness doesn't have a counterpart of.
6) The stick is faster and spammable.
7) Dtilt and Ftilt are really fast
8) Dsmash and USmash have high knockback at low percentages
9) His voice is funny. PK FWEEEZE!! PK STAAAAAAAASTOOOOOOOMMM!!
10) I think the hair factor pretty much has been already summed up

Like Natch, I just started to use Lucas in order to beat my friends (I used it to beat his Wolf, and his expression was hilarious once he realized he just got gimped)

Sturm95131

Smash Rookie
I use lucas cause he was the first one i beat my friends with i dont own the game and they do so it gave me great satisfaction (not to mention Bragging rights) when i finally beat the "good" people in our group. ohhhh and his PKF is the **** when coupled with his gangsta stick of his lol

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
because I've never lost a real life match with Lucas. Sakurai thought he could even the playing field but now I'm just three stocking my friends rather than four stocking them. Ha.

KillamEXE

Smash Rookie
Lucas rocks. After using him for about 2 months straight at school matches, two other people tried to copy me and used him. Of course, they keep losing, but at least they're trying. Like other people, the first characters I used were the Newcomers just to see how they played, and Lucas was my favorite, though Metaknight and Pokemon Trainer were cool, too. My friends all try to gang up on me, but Lucas is just too cool to be ganged up on. XD Lucas >>> Ike

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Its so funny when you get people to play as Lucas or Ness and when you knock them off, they shoot PKT away from themselves XD

ChaosKnight373

Smash Rookie
i was a fan of ness in melee, but when i started using lucas. i realized he is faster than him, in terms of speed and certain attacks. i like tech characters, so lucas fits the bill. i'm trying to main marth and bowser as well.

Link_in_park

Smash Ace
The first day I got the game, I was trying out all the new characters, and I found that I like the way Lucas plays. He has a smooth fighting style to match his hair.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
I don't main him or anything, but I like him because I've hated Ness ever since the SSB, and it has only gotten worse. Lucas was a... happy surprise.

Tyrin0561

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tyrinus
I liked to play as Ness in 64 and Melee. When they said the quote "up till now" on the DoJo, I assumed Ness was replaced by Lucas and swore I would play as him. Little did I know Ness was still in but when I played as Lucas his playstyle was so smooth and it was a perfect match for me.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I love the way his attacks work in general. His smashes all KO, his tilts are all fast, his aerials are multi-purpose. It just feels like his moves do what they're supposed to do.

And you can't gimp PK Thunder unless you're Mr. Game & Watch or another Ness/Lucas.

pKNeM

Smash Cadet
I play lucas as a co-main simply due to his projectile game and strength of smashes. Casually, I just like the variety in his moves, I found him to be a good fit for myself, and he adds his own dimension to any 4-player brawl with his smashes, spikes, and projectiles (The primary casual games I play). That and beating on people with a psychic Elvis-impersonator brings tears of joy to my eyes.

iTz_HaVoC

Smash Cadet
why Lucas? why not? Ever since i spectated a match with a Lucas i saw his attacks. i thought hey i can get better than that so now i also main Lucas. ALSO...it's the hair. :)

ramunematt

Smash Rookie
I originally didn't like Lucas, but after playing around with his moves for awhile and realize he has a lot of advanced moves, he became my main.

PKstarstorm

Smash Rookie
lucas has a powerful offensive set of attacks and a very good recover. furthermore, lucas is easy to control and i enjoy using the mother characters. lucas is my new character main.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
I've always hated Ness and Lucas with a passion. Then last week my friend and I decided to use a new character for the hell of it. I chose Lucas, he chose Ice Climbers. I had way too much fun playing as Lucas to not do it again, so now he's my 12th main, w00t.

Top Bottom