• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Jigglypuff is Gone Forever

thealexfish

Smash Rookie
I love playing as Jigglypuff in SSBM. Her special moves are awesome, especially rollout and sleep (down-b) and has awesome air control. I **** my friends with her every week, always using the green ninja bandana costume. I may not be into competitive Smash, but Jiggly is a fun character to use.

However, I am certain that she is removed from Brawl. There are several reasons for this:

1. Pikachu's costumes. Pikachu now has the ninja bandana as an alternate costume in Brawl, along with Pichu's goggle costume. (Of course, slightly altered to look like Emerald's main trainer.) Most players agree that Pichu has been removed, and if this is true for Pichu then it should work vice-versa.

2. Pokemon Trainer addition. Because of Newcomer Red, there would be a grand total of six first gen Pokémon to appear in Brawl if both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff returned for Brawl. This would be excessive if this were to happen. Therefore, I would expect one to stay, one to leave; Jigglypuff being the more likely one to leave. This, of course, is all conjecture without considering that two new generations of Pokémon have been introduced since Melee was released. To not have at least ONE new Pokémon from either generation is simply stupid (even if you think both generations sucked from a character standpoint). More than four characters from a single series is overkill (Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Mewtwo and a newer generation one, most likely Lucario) despite the fact that Pokémon is raking in more money than any other franchise right now.

3. Jigglypuff was never intended for Smash Bros. 64. The original plan for the original SSB was to have Mewtwo and Pikachu representing the Pokémon series. However, due to time and possibly memory constraints of the 64, Jigglypuff replaced Mewtwo. Jigglypuff is more or less a clone of Kirby. with a simple sphere-based model and a similar animation set, I can assume that Jiggly is more or less a direct clone, with a completely different moveset to make things more subtle. Jigglypuff was chosen because she was popular and relevant at the time, prominently appearing in the popular anime at the time. Mewtwo, on the other hand, was built from the ground up to be an original character for his appearance in Melee, unlike Pichu and Jigglypuff. Some may point out that he has a similar jump to Ness, but I believe that this is only due to the fact that they are both psychic beings.

4. Jigglypuff's moveset is being distributed to other characters. Peach and Sonic so far have moves that are very similar to those that Jigglypuff used in previous games. Peach's final smash lulls everyone to sleep, a la Jiggly's up-b move. Secondly, Sonic's spindash is very, very similar to Jigglypuff's rollout move, appearing to even control similarly. These two moves are considered (to me, anyways,) to be extremely signature moves to Jigglypuff.

5. Jigglypuff is no longer relevant. Considering that we have not seen Jigglypuff in the anime recently at all, she appears to be more unpopular in fan circles than ever. The fact that she was once popular appears to be the only reason she was introduced in the first place, along with technical issues of time and memory constraints; these are no longer issues. This point assumes a lot, but I believe it is legitimate enough to point out.

Again, I do not WANT Jigglypuff to be removed. But this is enough evidence to assume that she is gone. I loved playing with her in Melee, but her time has come to leave the ring.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I love playing as Jigglypuff in SSBM. Her special moves are awesome, especially rollout and sleep (down-b) and has awesome air control. I **** my friends with her every week, always using the green ninja bandana costume. I may not be into competitive Smash, but Jiggly is a fun character to use.

However, I am certain that she is removed from Brawl. There are several reasons for this:

1. Pikachu's costumes. Pikachu now has the ninja bandana as an alternate costume in Brawl, along with Pichu's goggle costume. (Of course, slightly altered to look like Emerald's main trainer.) Most players agree that Pichu has been removed, and if this is true for Pichu then it should work vice-versa.
just like how pikachu stole red's cap. So he can't be playable, AMIRITE?!

2. Pokemon Trainer addition. Because of Newcomer Red, there would be a grand total of six first gen Pokémon to appear in Brawl if both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff returned for Brawl. This would be excessive if this were to happen. Therefore, I would expect one to stay, one to leave; Jigglypuff being the more likely one to leave. This, of course, is all conjecture without considering that two new generations of Pokémon have been introduced since Melee was released. To not have at least ONE new Pokémon from either generation is simply stupid (even if you think both generations sucked from a character standpoint). More than four characters from a single series is overkill (Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Mewtwo and a newer generation one, most likely Lucario) despite the fact that Pokémon is raking in more money than any other franchise right now.
lucario fails. And there are rumors going around that lucario has replaced mewtwo(honesty, if this is true, I'll have to burn down the nearest orphanage.)
and pichu was most likely replaced by poketrainer ( ;_; ), not jiggly.

3. Jigglypuff was never intended for Smash Bros. 64. The original plan for the original SSB was to have Mewtwo and Pikachu representing the Pokémon series. However, due to time and possibly memory constraints of the 64, Jigglypuff replaced Mewtwo. Jigglypuff is more or less a clone of Kirby. with a simple sphere-based model and a similar animation set, I can assume that Jiggly is more or less a direct clone, with a completely different moveset to make things more subtle. Jigglypuff was chosen because she was popular and relevant at the time, prominently appearing in the popular anime at the time. Mewtwo, on the other hand, was built from the ground up to be an original character for his appearance in Melee, unlike Pichu and Jigglypuff. Some may point out that he has a similar jump to Ness, but I believe that this is only due to the fact that they are both psychic beings.
man, you're right. Since s/he was never intended for smash 64, she obviously can't get into the next game, right?

.....oh, wait.

4. Jigglypuff's moveset is being distributed to other characters. Peach and Sonic so far have moves that are very similar to those that Jigglypuff used in previous games. Peach's final smash lulls everyone to sleep, a la Jiggly's up-b move. Secondly, Sonic's spindash is very, very similar to Jigglypuff's rollout move, appearing to even control similarly. These two moves are considered (to me, anyways,) to be extremely signature moves to Jigglypuff.
just like how ike stole kirby's UpB, and how pikachu stole peach's downsmash, AMIRITE!?
5. Jigglypuff is no longer relevant. Considering that we have not seen Jigglypuff in the anime recently at all, she appears to be more unpopular in fan circles than ever. The fact that she was once popular appears to be the only reason she was introduced in the first place, along with technical issues of time and memory constraints; these are no longer issues. This point assumes a lot, but I believe it is legitimate enough to point out.
which perfectly explains why jigglypuff is still the 2nd most popular pokemon in both the west and japan.

Oh, and jiggly is pretty much confirmed anyway. David hayter leaked her in an interview.

thealexfish

Smash Rookie
I have seen the interview that you are referring to, and I don't think that a voice actor for the game has a lot of credibility. I think that he basically thought of the wimpiest character possible and went with that.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Jigglypuff is in. How do I know? My mum told me. Listen to your mothers people.

thealexfish

Smash Rookie
I don't know how you could say that Lucario is lame when you think Jigglypuff is cool and popular.

Lucario has his own movie!

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I think it's debateable if Jigglypuff will return or not. It truly is, nothing is set in stone. I don't know where I am yet, in personal or reasonable manner. All I know is that Jigglypuff needs to get puffed up for Brawl and have a wicked FS, like turn into Wigglytuff temporarily.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Her FS could be rest and FS can be similar to each other (Dedede and Pit). And Jiggs isn't a clone of Kirby at all. There moves are somewhat similar in smash64 and in melee that was changed a little bit. Besides they have totally different playstyles, and Kirby doesn't (nor any character) have rest. And rollout didn't make jigg's moveset (lol).

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, what do you think Jiggly's final smash would be other than a mass sleep spell?
• Temporarily evolvement into Wigglytuff.
• Sonic waves from Hyper Voice.
• An Igglypuff army!
•*A serious beat-down of a character like Ike's FS, something like a Double Slap frenzy.

These are just ideas from me. Ya never know.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Or the marker attack from the anime. lolz
Ick. Not only was that a really sad running joke of a bratty Pokémon unable to accept reality and solving every **** problem by sleeping the cool and vicious Pokémon, but we don't want the animé getting involved in Brawl. The animé is too childish, we want hardcore puff-brawling!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ick. Not only was that a really sad running joke of a bratty Pokémon unable to accept reality and solving every **** problem by sleeping the cool and vicious Pokémon, but we don't want the animé getting involved in Brawl. The animé is too childish, we want hardcore puff-brawling!
Jigglypuff sings you to sleep. You wake up with an immense pain in your butthole and what seems to be a bunch of marker markings (lol) on you.

You got marker *****.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Le Sigh....

David Hayter did the english codec for every single character in Brawl, so he knows all of them, and when asked about BRAWL characters, he answered with Jigglypuff. Done deal, Jiggs is in Brawl and it just hasnt been confirmed by the Dojo...

And, if you havent noticed, Pokemon Final Smashes use real moves from the games. Pika has Volt Tackle, Squirtle has Hydro Pump, Ivysaur has Solarbeam, and Charizard has Fire Blast. Now lets see, Jiggs already has Sing as one of her special moves, so thats out of the picture. She also learns no other sleep moves, so its safe to guess that her Final Smash WILL NOT involve putting foes to sleep...

Now, what other characteristic moves does Jigglypuff learn? If you follow the series, you would know that two of Jigglypuff's moves are Hyper Voice and Perish Song. Both of these are rare and characteristic moves, and they utilize Jiggs' voice well. Earsplitting scream of pain or solemn song of doom, pick your choice. Both would make excellent Final Smashes...

Rest easy thread creator, Jigglypuff is making a triumphant return!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
S/he better be in!!! I didnt really used her/ him but i still liked him!

BTW: @Tirkaro, what did you mean with that pikachu stole peach down b??? no more thunder?? ;_;
no, I said pikachu's down SMASH. Not downB.
Peach's downsmash was known for being godly in melee, but it was greatly toned down in brawl. However, pikachu's downsmash was greatly buffed up, and took melee peach's downsmash's properties. So in a sense, pikachu stole peach's famous downsmash.

I have seen the interview that you are referring to, and I don't think that a voice actor for the game has a lot of credibility. I think that he basically thought of the wimpiest character possible and went with that.
of course. Hayter knows the final roster. He did codex calls for everyone. And he said he knew absolutely nothing about pokemon.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
U idiot. That green headband Pikachu wears isn't Jigglypuffs. See the white half pokemon symbol on the upper half of Pikachu's Headband? Its the pokemon trainers headband from one of the games. There was a picture somewhere.

BTW Jiggs is a unique character, it was pit that she replaced not Mewtwo. Jiggs is a tradition to Smashbros as always being the first unlocked character.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
That puff ball is cool, but it gives me a lot of troubles,,,,,

Just nerf a little the uber pwning rest and thats it. But just a little.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Le Sigh....

David Hayter did the english codec for every single character in Brawl, so he knows all of them, and when asked about BRAWL characters, he answered with Jigglypuff. Done deal, Jiggs is in Brawl and it just hasnt been confirmed by the Dojo...

And, if you havent noticed, Pokemon Final Smashes use real moves from the games. Pika has Volt Tackle, Squirtle has Hydro Pump, Ivysaur has Solarbeam, and Charizard has Fire Blast. Now lets see, Jiggs already has Sing as one of her special moves, so thats out of the picture. She also learns no other sleep moves, so its safe to guess that her Final Smash WILL NOT involve putting foes to sleep...

Now, what other characteristic moves does Jigglypuff learn? If you follow the series, you would know that two of Jigglypuff's moves are Hyper Voice and Perish Song. Both of these are rare and characteristic moves, and they utilize Jiggs' voice well. Earsplitting scream of pain or solemn song of doom, pick your choice. Both would make excellent Final Smashes...

Rest easy thread creator, Jigglypuff is making a triumphant return!
I don't have to make contributions to the thread, since it's already been done justice.

However, that Perish Song idea would be neat.

It could act like Doom from the Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts series, where you start at 5 (probably 3 since this is a Pokemon move) and slowly tick down to 0. Once it hits 0, both Jigglypuff and the other character die.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
Various other people have shut down all your arguments, but one sticks out to me:

Pikachu's costumes. Pikachu now has the ninja bandana as an alternate costume in Brawl, along with Pichu's goggle costume. (Of course, slightly altered to look like Emerald's main trainer.) Most players agree that Pichu has been removed, and if this is true for Pichu then it should work vice-versa.
that's not why it's universally agreed that pichu is out. Pichu is a horrible character. Pichu was intended as a joke. Pichu is a -clone-, and a poor one at that. Pichu is not an important pokemon to the series. There's no reason for pichu to stay. The headgear deal just confirms this.

Plus, that headband's not even jiggs's.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I stand by my theory that Jigglypuff's FS will be Metronome, which will do any other FS at random (provided the characters have been unlocked)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Just want to say:

Pikachu did not steal jigglypuffs green headband!

Pikachu got the green headband from the pokemon emerald main characters

I can't find a picture of them but just get a picture of pikachu with the headband then find a picture of the characters you play as in pokemon emerald and you'll see. ;)

Edit: Oh just noticed someone else mentioned it before me....sorry

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Jiggly will return, u know why? It has a moveset. And it has been leaked by David Hayter (which I discovered that piece of info)

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
The bandanna is from the Pokemon trainer, not Jigglypuff. XD

And Jigglypuff will be in. There is nothing wrong with having only 1st gen. Pokemon. The later gens are lame.

OH, and...lol@ Jiggs as a Kirby clone.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Which of Jiggs' move animations are the same as Kirby?

Samus and Falcon have the same Utilt. They must be clones.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff was super fun.
I thought she wasn't gunna be in it at first,
because you see Jigglypuffs in the crowd at
Pokemon Stadium 2.
But then I remembered there is more than one.
It's a pokemon.
I'm bright. haaaa

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff is going nowhere ;)

I can't imagine a smash bros game without jiggs spining around with her rollout move or slapping other fighters around.

There's no real reason why Jigglypuff shouldn't return.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I just hope they make Jiggs a little more differentiated from kirby. they shared alot of their smashes and a few of their other moves. kinda like luigi to mario in melee. also in the first smash, if you made kirby suck up jiggs, the you were basicaly useing jigglypuff in a sense. making him completely different would make me a very happy gamer.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
1. Pikachu wears EMERALD's bandana. Not Jiggs's bandana.

2. So? Mario reeks with 1st gen Mario characters. :p Mario, Luigi, Peach&Toad and Bowser (Even Dr. Mario) were all 1st gen Mario characters. Petey was made into a Boss, and Waluigi an AT... that tells you something... Even Daisy is half-playable through an Alt color, because she was also 1st gen.

3. I thought Jiggs was supposed to be Pit.. But anyway, Jiggs became even more popular cause of SSB. And has become even MORE popular SMASHBROS wise, through SSBM.
Now she/he is a loved character in the SSB universe, I doubt she leaves.

4. Sonic is by no means a Jigglyclone. He came first. And so what if some characters share moves or special moves with others? Samus and Mewtwo? Ice Climbers and Kirby? Bowser and Yoshi? It doesn't really matter...

5. As I said before... Jigglypuff has become a Smash Bros popular character. Even if her situation is different in the anime. She is very loved and has become a tradition. Her rest move has no equal. She is not leaving by anime (lack of) popularity.

Don't worry. She'll be back. As the first unlockable as always. :)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I would like the "Moon Stone" evolvement into Wigglytuff. Just like Wario eats garlic to become Wario Man. :psycho:

Top Bottom