• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Young Link a Peach Counter?

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
Hush you. Jash has a nice Ylink. ;3
Lol. That made me laugh.

The kids too good. He might just be that Peach slayer. maybe better than Marth.

Probs Jash. So Far he has not lost to a Peach yet. Only Peach that can beat him and has Before is Dark.Pch Those 2 always go at it. I also gotta give him probs for beating this pro jash here. Now Im not saying that no Peach cant beat him when I say "the only Peach that can beat him" Im sure Cort and PC and others can beat Jash. But so from what I know, Dark.Pch is the only Peach that has done it. I want it recorded nextime you guys fight. It be 2 hawt!!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I beat every Peach in the South that I have met. I have been playing in tournies as long as my join date. Therefore, Link is a Peach counter. <_<

I would also like to add that Phanna's chart is correct in EVERYTHING. He makes all the right decisions like Ness beats all the low tiers and that Mario beats Luigi. >_>

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
Uhhhhhhhhh.... *head explodes*

LMAO!!!

I beat every Peach in the South that I have met. I have been playing in tournies as long as my join date. Therefore, Link is a Peach counter. <_<

I would also like to add that Phanna's chart is correct in EVERYTHING. He makes all the right decisions like Ness beats all the low tiers and that Mario beats Luigi. >_>

Wait what? Hell no that chart is 100% correct. Your a fool if you go by that chart for everything. Too much on that chart has been proven that its all BS

Jash

Smash Lord
Jash got 3 stocked by PC in tourny the same day =P
Yea he definitely ***** me with his Fox at Yoshi story....that dude is waaaaaay too fast lol. But then the second match i got a bit closer and made it a 1 stock instead of 3 lol. PC is definitely too good, but im glad i played him, it was my first time so i definitely know what to work on. Young Link is too good, i need everyone to remember that. *plays Epona song* later everyone *rides off*.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I can fight Fox pretty good.....but something you have to understand is......this is PC Chris homie......hes broken.:laugh:
I gotta Vouce Jash for this. I play Peach, but when I played PC's fox, it was behond any fox I've EVER faced.

He took me out on Pokemon statium and FD less then 2 minutes, both of them a 4 stock ><;; the guy moves Fox like it's a Kitsune (a demon Fox)

PC's Fox is broken and should be cautioned when taking him on.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
I gotta Vouce Jash for this. I play Peach, but when I played PC's fox, it was behond any fox I've EVER faced.

He took me out on Pokemon statium and FD less then 2 minutes, both of them a 4 stock ><;; the guy moves Fox like it's a Kitsune (a demon Fox)

Dont beat yourself up over it. Fox Vs Peach is gay for her.

Jash

Smash Lord
Ill be sure to do better next time i play him, I just didn't expect him to over speed himself lol. So after much practice with "The Inferno" *a smash player whos name is not needed so ill just say the inferno* i will try to do much better against him. Hopefully ill play him again soon.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I still think fox does better than falco because fox is so ridiculously fast that he can kind of like neutralize any hopes YLink has of spamming and kills him earlier.

Also I think link does better in the matchup than young link but I'm not saying the latter does bad :x

Laijin

Smash Hero

Don't fight fox with Peach. lol.

Pick Marth or Fox or someone to fight Fox.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Bleh, I hate picking characters that are both emo or a counter of the sorts. Call it pride or respect for Peach, but it's really cause it's not my style. My second is Link, who I rarely play.

Also, I gotta get good with Peach before I start playing with other characters. :p

Yes, I don't like Fox, and the chances of me getting beat by them is at least 75%, but I'm gonna do my best and give faith to that 25%.

Jash

Smash Lord

Wow Laijin......you counter pick characters? Man....thats no fun at all....:ohwell: Something thats fun about this game is learning ALL the match ups with your favorite character, i find switching characters a disgrace and would never do it, but i have nothing against people who do.....you got to do what you got to do. But to me it just suks the fun out of the game and makes everyone think that your just playing to win, But what do i know im just a kid.:laugh:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
the reason for YLINK Countering peach is probably in our faces but scince theres not many YLINK players out there we cant see it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow Laijin......you counter pick characters? Man....thats no fun at all....:ohwell: Something thats fun about this game is learning ALL the match ups with your favorite character, i find switching characters a disgrace and would never do it, but i have nothing against people who do.....you got to do what you got to do. But to me it just suks the fun out of the game and makes everyone think that your just playing to win, But what do i know im just a kid.:laugh:
I'm the same way.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
thats the dumbest thing i've ever seen

"character loyalty" is conceptually ridiculous and is very limiting.

playing one character (especially a bad character, or in young links case a "not THAT good" character) is simply limiting to yourself

i dont recommend it if you have asparations of greatness

sure, knowing the matchups for your character is good in the chance that you do get counterpicked, but having more than one character to make things easier (and more strategic) is also a good thing

Jash

Smash Lord
thats the dumbest thing i've ever seen

"character loyalty" is conceptually ridiculous and is very limiting.

playing one character (especially a bad character, or in young links case a "not THAT good" character) is simply limiting to yourself

i dont recommend it if you have asparations of greatness

sure, knowing the matchups for your character is good in the chance that you do get counterpicked, but having more than one character to make things easier (and more strategic) is also a good thing
As said "Having Fun" i think you missed that. Actually i don't feel limited at all, i feel alright fighting every character with just Young Link, sure it gets tough at some point but that makes it challenging and a challenge is always fun. If you don't like challenge then maybe you just don't know how to have fun, i find character counter picking too easy and too boring. If you think im limiting myself, please tell me at what point.....because i definitely don't feel limited at all.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
As said "Having Fun" i think you missed that. Actually i don't feel limited at all, i feel alright fighting every character with just Young Link, sure it gets tough at some point but that makes it challenging and a challenge is always fun. If you don't like challenge then maybe you just don't know how to have fun, i find character counter picking too easy and too boring. If you think im limiting myself, please tell me at what point.....because i definitely don't feel limited at all.
Your real intelligent (sarcasm).
>___>

WOOT 400 POST

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hahahahahaha XD

i play the game to have fun too OBVIOUSLY otherwise i woudln't be massivly hypocritical and preach against low tier maining in general, as well as the single character maining

how is it limiting?

o.O

HOW IS IT LIMITING?

LOL i'm not even going to bother

but if you are in the same boat as me as far as why you are playing the game then there is no issue

but players who dream to be truly great smashers and decide to main low tier and ONLY use one character?

well theres clearly something wrong with that logic o.O

Jash

Smash Lord
hahahahahaha XD

i play the game to have fun too OBVIOUSLY otherwise i woudln't be massivly hypocritical and preach against low tier maining in general, as well as the single character maining

how is it limiting?

o.O

HOW IS IT LIMITING?

LOL i'm not even going to bother

but if you are in the same boat as me as far as why you are playing the game then there is no issue

but players who dream to be truly great smashers and decide to main low tier and ONLY use one character?

Well if theres a limit then fine so be it then, ill be the one to exceed it if possible. I have been using Young Link for a while now and now i figured out mastering him really paid off for me big time. Theres no doubt in my mind about losing to high tiers *broken characters* because i can handle them without switch because Young Link can do that.:laugh:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master

What about players that just want to get better? I don't reasonably believe I'd be good enough to win any kind of big tournament, especially this late in the game. But getting better than what I'm at currently isn't out of the question.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Fox is way easier then Falco with Ylink

dunno why i just said this...oh well its staying

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Fox is way easier then Falco with Ylink

dunno why i just said this...oh well its staying
I agree. I would much rather fight Fox over Falco. Matches against Fox tend to be much faster than matches against Falco, but the difficulty level is considerably lower. I have a much higher win rate against Fox players than against Falco ones.

As for the topic at hand... Buzz counters Peach. ^_^

Top Bottom