• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is the dojo so secretive?

dustyjuicebox

Smash Cadet
We all know the characters for brawl so why not just tell us all the characters online at the dojo?

Nintendos not an idiot they know we know

give me ur best explianation of theory

gamer8

Smash Lord
We all know the characters for brawl so why not just tell us all the characters online at the dojo?

Nintendos not an idiot they know we know

give me ur best explianation of theory
Some people aren't spoiling themselves, plus, the Dojo must go on.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Surprisingly enough, there are people who still use the Dojo for information as they don't believe anyone or anything else. I have seen several places where people say "I can't wait to see the whole roster" and people will reply with it, and they will call fake on it because "it's not all on the Dojo."

Kind of ridiculous. I'd say the reason it was so secretive before the release was because it caused more hype. Dropping little hints here and there kept people more interested than just throwing straight facts out there.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Not everyone spoil themselves like we have

Stop acting like everyone in the world thinks and acts like you

pirkid

Smash Lord
Sakurai said:
I’d like to continue to add on to the Dojo so that players of Brawl can come back to this website following it’s completion and view Smash Dojo as a sort of guide for the game.

Charizards.

Zevox

Smash Lord
As others have said, they're simply being friendly to those who do not want to know information about hidden content in the game in advance. Most people might want to know the full roster in advance, but some don't. I don't claim to understand why, but thats the simple fact. This is the same reason why no spoiler material was put on the Dojo before the game's release (except for Sonic and Snake, but they were given an exception due to their immense hype-building potential).

Zevox

B. Rock

Smash Rookie
Well, if they revealed all just because Japan's was out, there'd be no more updates. And dispite knowing all(except SSE storyline), I still like checking the Dojo.

S2

Smash Lord
Because the game is only released in 1 region. Not everyond is a hardcore Smasher who imported or hangs around on enthusiast message boards.

I don't think those dojo updates are geared towards those types of players anyways.

ShadowCosmos

Smash Cadet
It seems to me that they don't reveal everything because there are players who don't like spoilers and want to figure things out as the game progresses. Also the definitions and details given by Dojo are entertaining and also useful (for instance giving all the side effects of Luigi's FS instead of us just guessing or only observing). Plus they have fun screen shots so it's fun to look at. It also helps pass the time between now and the release because it gives a little more information at a time in an 'official' type of way.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Surprisingly enough, there are people who still use the Dojo for information as they don't believe anyone or anything else. I have seen several places where people say "I can't wait to see the whole roster" and people will reply with it, and they will call fake on it because "it's not all on the Dojo."

Kind of ridiculous. I'd say the reason it was so secretive before the release was because it caused more hype. Dropping little hints here and there kept people more interested than just throwing straight facts out there.
QFT. Seriously, the thread should have ended after this post.

M.K

Level 55
You really think Nintendo knows that we know? Don't make me laugh. If we can't even communicate within an online feature of a video game, what makes you think they'd see if we knew? Nintendo is really ****ty at online, and they think the Dojo is the ONLY source of info that we have.

Top Bottom