• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Robin so slow???

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Robin's low speed is what separates him from being OP because of his projectiles - what , do you want to compete against Sonic? Hell, I would say his speed is a manner of characterization.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
But having him be one of the slowest runners in the game is going a little far...

Malechite

Smash Rookie
I wish he was just a tad faster. He doesn't need to be Sheik speed or anything; just a little bit more fleet of foot because he gets spanked hard when people get in his face, and a lot of characters have better means of getting out of those instances than Robin. I mean, what does he have? Roll? Other's have near-instant smash attacks or good/great speed, but Robin has neither.... =[

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
If you want a faster fighter, then Robin or heavyweights in general are probably not for you. Don't demand buff or nerf without a non-biased analysis.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
As I said, he is one of the SLOWEST CHARACTERS IN THE GAME. All I'd like is for him to be, say, not as slower than Ganondorf? Even Link's speed would be nice.

"Robin or heavyweights in general" Robin is not a heavyweight. According to Smashboards, he's around Sonic and Pit's weight. And yet he's tied for slowest?

"Don't demand a buff or nerf" I'm not demanding. No one is. Read the comments again, we're saying what we'd like to happen. You know, our opinion. You want demand? Go somewhere else.

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
I believe that reason he's so slow is due to the fact that he can uses the Levin sword. I mean, that gives Robin a lot of kill power as an aerial smash. Giving him more speed would allow him to lethally punish enemies much more easily than other characters.

PeejsterM

Smash Cadet
I believe that reason he's so slow is due to the fact that he can uses the Levin sword. I mean, that gives Robin a lot of kill power as an aerial smash. Giving him more speed would allow him to lethally punish enemies much more easily than other characters.
Except there are faster characters whose aerials kill earlier than Robin does. While his aerials are more reliable than some of his other moves for killing, there are other characters with projectiles who can kill earlier than he can.

Tested for kill percents on Final Destination against Mario in his starting spawn point, not the middle of the stage.
Fair kills at 144.
Dair kills at 180.
Uair kills at 126.
Bair kills at 97.
Nair kills at 283. Even Marth's no-tip Nair kills before Robin's Nair does.

Let's compare to Ganondorf, a character who's faster and harder hitting.
Fair kills at 100.
Dair kills at 120.
Uair kills at 115.
Bair kills at 93.
Nair kills at 152.

In fact, half of the Mii Gunner's and Rosalina's aerials kill well before Robin's do, too.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I wasn't calling Robin a heavyweight, it was an additional reference from my memory of Brawl Ike's complaints.

If Robin were to get a buff, then chances are it would of happened already. I'm only under the impression that Sakurai has looked at his kit multiple times before patches and only saw bugs that warranted fixing - since that's what the tactician got. I'll let you wonder if that serves as an incentive for a Robin buffing patch in the future since Sakurai apparently isn't done with Smash 4 yet.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
You could say that about practically any character with respect to the latest patch, since very few characters got what they wanted (aside from bug fixes), if they got anything at all.

PeejsterM

Smash Cadet
You could say that about practically any character with respect to the latest patch, since very few characters got what they wanted (aside from bug fixes), if they got anything at all.
Robin did get some very nice changes. The wind jab fix was pretty important, it turned an awful attack into a useful one, whereas previously, pretty much everybody agreed the fire jab was the superior option.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Robin did get some very nice changes. The wind jab fix was pretty important, it turned an awful attack into a useful one, whereas previously, pretty much everybody agreed the fire jab was the superior option.
He did get the fire jab nerf, though.

But admittedly, Robin's a relatively solid character, he doesn't have the major deficiencies that some have (Swordfighter). He has areas where he could still improve and still not be in the top tier, though.

Top Bottom