• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is duckhunt and lylat being banned?

horizons889

Smash Apprentice
Last local I went to they had both stages banned. It is supposed to be this way from now on.

So now smash 4 has LESS legal stages than melee. Wtf?

In my opinion it's a terrible change and I wish it never went through. I play diddy and both those stages (especially DH) were very good counter picks for him. Now he doesn't really have anything and smashville is often considered his worst stage.

This change will hurt several characters imo, including diddy.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
The obvious response would be to NOT follow the new ruleset. I mean, we are one of the largest Smash communities, so if we do not follow those rules, it will help to disqualify them on the tournament scene. By the way, some of the stages such as Stadium are okay on competitive after the hazard removal trick, that takes about 10-30 seconds to do and is perfectly applicable on a tournament..

Last edited:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Duck Hunt - because it promotes campy play, and a few characters can't get on top the tree without using their up Bs and going into freefall. I understand this one being cut off the stage list just because a few characters can't reach the tree if nothing else.

Lylat - Main reason seems to be the glitches. But from my experience they're extremely rare, too rarely affecting results to matter. Plus I find it hard to justify banning this stage on jank when we have people getting stretchered on SV/T&C, and getting pineappled on Dreamland. There's also the tilted lips of the stage causing SD's, but again seems hypocritical as a reason to ban IMO unless you're also going to ban Dreamland for pineappling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom