• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Haven't YOU Pre registered for *POUND* 4 yet?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Money and car johns D=
I'm hearing a lot of the same excuses over and over again. They introduce paragraph's into the school system usually around grade 3, so these aren't legit excuses anymore. I've provided plenty of solutions to this. If Ninjalink can get to Maryland via public transportation from NY, you can get to Pound 4.

I might be on an internship when this happens. I'm waiting to see what the deal with that is before I make any move on this.
At least you're planning ahead. What kind of internship? They may let you off for a weekend for the greatest event of all time.

Sigh... I wish I had a job....
My friend, I think it's pretty obvious that a job isn't the only way to get money anymore. There are plenty of other resources. Convince your parents to pay for it, or borrow some money from someone. In fact, I don't really support stealing, but if there ever was a good time to steal for something, this would be as close as it gets. If need be, you may need to sell yourself or drugs to make this happen. You should only have to do that once to get enough money for Pound 4.

I have my own reasons not to enter. I might change my mind the very last minute but who knows.

Al come to spectate tho.
Meep, I have no idea what reasons are pouring through your mind, but this is probably the most legitimate excuse we've had yet. As a professional, I'm sure you have your reasons.

Do we need to pre-reg for brawl+
No, no you don't. JCaesar will take care of all of that on Saturday. But you do have to pre-register for the other events, so make sure you play in something!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
What If I change my mind or I don't have a ride?
Again, we've been over how "rides" are not legitimate johns. The public transportation system was introduced in 1662. If need be, I suggest getting a week's head start and walking to the venue. Hitchhiking is always viable as well, just watch out for rapists.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Did EE hijack Tant's account or something? Nah, couldn't be, he couldn't mention Brawl+ without injecting hate.

I think Tant really did go insane...

Tant you should come to BWW tonight with me, Bandit, Cape, and Kaotical.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm going to a yugioh tournament, me, ee, and waffle

how late will you be there? I should be back in westminster around 10pm. Waffle too. EE we're leaving at his house. If you guys are still there at 10pm I'll definitely meet up with you guys.

Everything in this thread in my replies was 100% my idea

Maybe I've been hanging out with EE too much

meepxzero

Smash Master
Im just bitter about certain rulesets and i have no idea if they are gonna change. I addressed them in the thread, but it kept getting covered up in the actual thread a long time ago.

All i know is whoever is playing brawl is going to hate it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
No planking is not banned and will not be banned. I'll challenge you. You find me 5 tournie matches online where a less talented player wins because they plank and I find 5 tournie matches online where a less talented player wins because they infinite.

accept?

GO

(i'd like to see just one match of this happening and determining the outcome of a serious tournament)

meepxzero

Smash Master
Im not gonna go argue with a person who doesnt give a crap about brawl or isnt even running the event. Im just not going to enter. Im not gonna search 5 vids either to prove a silly point because ALL tournies have a limit and no one tries to break the rule intentionally.

Im sure everyone else has different reasons not entering I actually have one of the most legit reasons not to.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Personally, I find planking to be an inspirational tactic. I'm not trying to take sides but d@mn...I've been working on that and it's helped. I time people out in SF4 now because 99 seconds is nothing to me now.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Im not gonna go argue with a person who doesnt give a crap about brawl or isnt even running the event. Im just not going to enter. Im not gonna search 5 vids either to prove a silly point because ALL tournies have a limit and no one tries to break the rule intentionally.

Im sure everyone else has different reasons not entering I actually have one of the most legit reasons not to.
No offense but pretty much all tournies these days are hosted by idiots. Can't really use their rules as legit points.

If i were trying to be biased (why would i be, im not even entering) i would ban IC infinites as a whole cuz i dont even think theyre fair. you should be happy they arent banned. You're really so afraid of losing the lead to someone and not getting your auto-win grabs that you wont even enter a tournament because of a theoretical situation?

Here's a thought: if you start losing to someone and they are smart enough to plank you and not lose the lead (atomsk) they were probably a better player than you to start out with anyway.

meepxzero

Smash Master
further proves my point LOL (what tant said). I feel really bad for lain or any top falco that comes to this I dont have a problem with planking. I think its silly to reward people for it rather than penalize them. Its your tourney i dont really care.

I still probably wont enter if you change it the last week because then ur pretty much milking money off the brawl players that didnt wanna go because u had it not banned.

Im done arguing with a washed up brawl/melee player. Yea i went there your still bad at the other game too becuase being good = making money off the game in the long run.

realized another good point. You even skewed the melee rules to not allow a peach/jigglypuff win (banning mute city). LOL way to make the tourney in your favor. I hope u dont do awful in melee because then changing the rules wont matter at all.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
further proves my point LOL (what tant said). I feel really bad for lain or any top falco that comes to this I dont have a problem with planking. I think its silly to reward people for it rather than penalize them. Its your tourney i dont really care.

I still probably wont enter if you change it the last week because then ur pretty much milking money off the brawl players that didnt wanna go because u had it not banned.
And I think it's silly to reward people for getting a grab, keeping your opponent 100% immobilized with nothing that they can do getting out of it, directly into a kill. What's your point. At least if someone is planking you have the -chance- to beat it. Once you're grabbed, you're ****ed.

Saying "don't get grabbed and you won't get infinited" is kin to saying "don't lose the lead and you won't get planked"

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
THATS NO WAY TO START A WAR BOYS

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Trash talk, I love it, Plank vs Meep in melee and brawl, who wants to see it

Edit: I truly do bring out the best in people

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL okay meep yeah I'm horrible at melee now, how would you even know? I've kept out personal insults but if you're gonna give the green light go ahead.

You and lain are both PRIME examples of why IC infinites should be banned. You were both HORRIBLY mediocre in melee and in brawl until you perfected your one cheezy tactic which should be banned.

Your marth in brawl SUCKED, you were terribly bad in melee with EVERYONE except SOMETIMES ic and that's only when you grabbed.

So please don't even MENTION melee when you've been a forever mediocre IC player who abuses gay tactics and whines about tactics that beat them. You whined when my SHEIK (who gets butchered by IC) beat you in melee, so I don't really care what you say.

Honestly you're one of the least respected smashers in the area and always will be because you do nothing talented at all, simply go for a grab and get the lead.

Let's see here...

Meep sucks
Meep sucks
Meep sucks

*meep picks up ic*

Meep is immediately good
meep is really good

*meep perfects infinite*

Meep is the best in MD/VA!!

Yeah meep, you sure earned that. Wasn't your broken tactic or anything. LMFAO

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Wow @ Meep and Jon, both of you need to chill.

Jon was plenty good at Brawl and Meep was good at Melee, as I recall his Falco was nasty too.

Is this really worth saying **** to one another then disliking eachother? I don't think so. It pains me to see this.

meepxzero

Smash Master
THATS NO WAY TO START A WAR BOYS

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Trash talk, I love it, Plank vs Meep in melee and brawl, who wants to see it

Edit: I truly do bring out the best in people

It doesnt matter i beat him last time we played in tourney in melee. I refuse to play melee again just so he can feel like **** losing to my mediocre ic.

phil: im not gonna sugar coat ****. He thinks i suck and i think he sucks. Were just letting our actual feelings out now ;D.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Congratulations, you beat me last time we played in melee when I didn't do my best to avoid grabs because when I did you whined and cried that edgecamping should be banned even in melee.

An IC player ever losing to a sheik player is insulting no matter the situation. lmfao

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
At least they're being honest

I respect people who are honest more often than people who don't talk about stuff

Don't hold anything back. I certainly haven't in this topic, none of you should?

SEE THIS? WHY HAVEN'T YOU PRE-REGISTERED FOR POUND 4 YET? This is inter-region drama! Just wait for WC vs EC drama! (The west coast is gonna get *****!)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The wc is indeed going to get *****. So is europe. by me.

im gonna beat mango. again. im 1-0 him in tourney.

im gonna beat zhu again too.

and im gonna beat everyone in md/va, except chu, as usual.

get ****. get hype. register.

^^

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lil'B, trolls live under bridges. I certainly don't live under a bridge, therefore am not a troll. Usually you can associate them with pointy ears as well, maybe you should skip pound 4 and buy some glasses with the money you save by not entering. Now that would be legitimate excuse

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
just like you were going to beat an out of practice azen right?

azen couldnt come back to melee and win without practice right?

LOL
Azen is too good =[

In my defense I beat him most the matches we played. Even in tourney we were even, I had just come from losers. I'll get him next time >=[

We each won 4 in tourney. :p

edit:: it's also easier to come back and win without practice when there are 10 entrants, everyone is out of practice, and travis goes donkey kong. -.- LMAO

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Lil'B, trolls live under bridges. I certainly don't live under a bridge, therefore am not a troll. Usually you can associate them with pointy ears as well, maybe you should skip pound 4 and buy some glasses with the money you save by not entering. Now that would be legitimate excuse
glasses wtf

if only that made sense

and why would i pay like $50 to throw it away to someone else

if it was $10 sure i would so nty

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Lil b I know it's expensive but it's a while away, save up. I've heard the same story as you've said time and time again but it ALWAYS ends up with smashers being so disappointed they didn't enter. I promise you. lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Im giving out refunds until the day registeration ends (probably a few weeks before the tourney)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Lil b I know it's expensive but it's a while away, save up. I've heard the same story as you've said time and time again but it ALWAYS ends up with smashers being so disappointed they didn't enter. I promise you. lol
I am still going to go to spectate so i won't miss out on the action of pound lol

but i dont feel the need to spend $50 to lose thats not what i like to do

MaNg0

Smash Hero
The wc is indeed going to get *****. So is europe. by me.

im gonna beat mango. again. im 1-0 him in tourney.

im gonna beat zhu again too.

and im gonna beat everyone in md/va, except chu, as usual.

get ****. get hype. register.

^^
shut up ill get romeo over there

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Won't be able to go to tourneys for 2 months if i want to go to this.
Same.

Well see, the good news is, this tourney will actually be more epic than 2 months of regular tourneys combined.
Yes, not going to tournaments for two months compared to going to one big one and spending all my money to not make it out of pools makes plenty of sense.

We'll see.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I think brawl players havent registered and dont have as much hype because they've never been to a pound and just don't realize how amazing it is/will be

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I'd love to go, but seeing as how I rarely get to a tourney as it is, spending that amount of money on ONE tournament that I don't see myself doing so well at due to the immense amount of talent expected to be there is a waste when I could enjoy myself at multiple events. If I didn't have a lack of transportation/money problems when it comes to attending standard local tournaments, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but seeing how things are the way they are, I'll just have to think about it and see what happens.

/johns

Top Bottom