• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why don't we have on shield/hit frame data?

Wa_Black

Smash Apprentice
Why doesn't any of the frame data show the data once the move connects on an opponent's shield or have landing the attack.

I play for glory a lot and would like to know if i'm too slow with my punish or if it can't punish.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Why doesn't any of the frame data show the data once the move connects on an opponent's shield or have landing the attack.

I play for glory a lot and would like to know if i'm too slow with my punish or if it can't punish.
1) Because nobody's got debugging tools for the game yet for firm numbers that I know of.
2) It took years for Melee competative scene to truly take off. It wans't until the latter half of the 2000s that the glitch of Wavedashing was discovered.
3) You should get a good grasp of your own attack's viability on shield from experience alone.
4) Take it to the competitive boards.

Top Bottom