• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why doesn't every top smash country have their individual tier list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
I mean, there are plenty of "GOOD" countries out there without tier lists.

Sweden and Canada for example. They have very good players, but no tier list. Is it because they don't have any major Smash forum?

I personally think that the better players of each country should host a thread here or something to make up their tier lists.

Like, Armada Izaw, Rebaz & Iziz for Sweden.

Ally, RayKalm, SilverDoc, Koskinator, & Holy for Canada.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Well the players you've listed (at least Ally) compete in U.S. tournies more than anywhere else, so they fall under the U.S. metagame. Why have a cojillion tier lists anyway when it's just a list of characters from best to worst. It doesn't really help you get better or be a smarter player it just ticks people off 'cause it says -insert low tier- sucks when he/she really does but ppl don't want to believe. /jk
Besides, we babble on 'bout a single tier from a different country for at least a week so we've got our hands full.:pikachu2:

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Canadians are naturally amazing at Ganondorf and I'm guessing use an entirely different version of Brawl and Melee, since their Ganons are so amazing. It'd skew everything too much to let Canada have a tier list.

Instead, I say we should just ban Canada entirely. Their Ganons just simply break the game too much to be allowed in competitive play.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Lol @ Sweden xD
Rebaz doesn't come from Sweden. And that Iziz I think you mean Ixis doesn't come from sweden lol
Sweden has more melee players then brawl players. And armada doesn't even play brawl he only plays it at tourneys lol.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I had no idea Ray Kalm was from Canada. Anyway, Canadians most likely use the US tier list and Germany also uses our tier list.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
If Canada made a tier list, it would only mirror the current one.

There is no need for a separate one.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Germany isn't that good as you think.. <.<
And we have a European Tierlist not a individual one.

1. France/The Netherlands
2. France/The Netherlands
3. Spain

Probably that (For Europe)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Austria is better than Spain :p
And Pepito is the best player from Sweden.

We don't have an european tier list.

:059:

Uffe

Smash Hero
The SBR isn't exclusively American, so why call its tier list American?
Probably because the Smash tier list most likely originated in the US and then a few decided to do their own. And Bartolon, I never claimed that Germany was good.

Limeee

Smash Champion
americans be hating on us lumberjacks

P.S i <3 maple syrup and we ride polar bears >.<

seriously though, the SBR is north american

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
During Melee, Europe had its tier list because PAL has fundamental gameplay differences from NTSC, and Japan had its tier list because its community is relatively isolated.

There's not much reason behind making tier lists for each and every large region, nor is there much reason against doing so. Just don't post the lot of them in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom