• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does a Brawl combo video forum even exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

highfive

Smash Lord
Why does a Brawl combo video forum even exist?
Allow me to answer your question with another question:
What would you do for a Klondike bar?

It exists cause combos exist. In smash. Not in brawl. Perhaps.

Seton

Smash Apprentice
2 days ago, mods made me an advertation about trolling just only coz i explained my opinion about US tourneys. So...think that something is going wrong here. No advertations about 7000 post melee trollers. Nice. This threath should be closed days ago.

P.D.: u should look up the definition of combo in the dictionary

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There are combos in brawl.

Like laser to laser
or arrow to arrow
or chaingrab to chaingrab
or ftilt lock to ftilt lock

2 days ago, mods made me an advertation about trolling just only coz i explained my opinion about US tourneys. So...think that something is going wrong here. No advertations about 7000 post melee trollers. Nice. This threath should be closed days ago.

P.D.: u should look up the definition of combo in the dictionary
Who said I was implying Brawl doesn't have combos? The reason this forum shouldn't exist is because none of the combos are worth watching. In fact, they're such a waste of time that the mods won't even close this thread, let alone check this forum =P

I'd also like to add that "combo" in the dictionary is a small jazz or dance band, so I think you meant for me to look up combination =P

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Who said I was implying Brawl doesn't have combos? The reason this forum shouldn't exist is because none of the combos are worth watching. In fact, they're such a waste of time that the mods won't even close this thread, let alone check this forum =P

I'd also like to add that "combo" in the dictionary is a small jazz or dance band, so I think you meant for me to look up combination =P
Seriously, this site keeps getting worse.:)

I'm gonna dedicate 5 minutes to laughing at it. Even the smartest of people don't know what they're saying.

I've only seen a 6 Knee combo in Brawl. No johns.

Seriously, this site keeps getting worse.:)

I'm gonna dedicate 5 minutes to laughing at it. Even the smartest of people don't know what they're saying.

I've only seen a 6 Knee combo in Brawl. No johns.
apparently you lack the ability to differentiate a legitimate combo from a mere succession of blows.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I assume a legitimate combo has to be inescapable via DI, or air dodge. <_<

...Yeah, maybe like 2 of those exist in Brawl. They also belong to Kirby too. LOL.

If they DI into the combo it's still legitimate as long as they can't do anything. Them teching and you tech chasing them so that they couldn't do anything would also be legit.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Succession of blows are much more fun to watch then legitimate combos, melee troll. You're just mad because you could never adapt to the defensive styles of brawl or you just didn't want to and got left behind in the old.

^^

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
ZSS has a few true combos, so i guess she's the only one who would have videos here?

ADHD

Smash Hero
They're not literally combo vids, if it's so offensive and annoying then it should be renamed. Melee vets go the hell away unless you're this bored to troll the brawl video boards. Get. Over. It.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Yeah, they really shouldn't be called "Combo" vids at all imo. Because most of the time the footage is just the host of the video ****** someone else, rather than "stringed combos" EX: Showings of 0 deaths when it's just the host simply outplaying the opponent (doesn't necessarily perform "combos").

Because of this, they really should be called something like "Ally Sucks - A Snake COMPILATION Video!" rather than "Combo Video." Showing footage of the host's skills and how he uses them.

But the word Compilation may not sound right to those of a younger age (little kids, "wtf does compilation mean?"). Using the word combo is simply a better way to advertise.

Although, true combo: Grounded SL>Fastfall>UAir>UAir>UAir>UAir>UAir>Tornado>Die. M2K gg

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Succession of blows are much more fun to watch then legitimate combos, melee troll. You're just mad because you could never adapt to the defensive styles of brawl or you just didn't want to and got left behind in the old.

^^
Whether or not a succession of blows is more fun to watch is rather subjective, but the fact remains that it is not, as you said, a legitimate combo. Does something being more "fun to watch" justify it being given a misnomer?

^^
Brawl isn't anymore defensive than Melee, It's just that in Melee, once you land a hit it turns into combo or death. In Brawl it doesn't, so it's like the defense of Melee but with less risk and no relative offense. That's like saying Brawl has more mindgames than Melee. It actually has a lot less mindgames because there's a lot less you can do, it's just more mindgame-based because there's little to no tech skill involved in competitive play. Brawl sucks and you're post makes you look stupid.
ZSS has a few true combos, so i guess she's the only one who would have videos here?
True combos =/= combos worth watching.
They're not literally combo vids, if it's so offensive and annoying then it should be renamed. Melee vets go the hell away unless you're this bored to troll the brawl video boards. Get. Over. It.
No, they're not, that's why I'm clowning Brawl in this very forum..

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
silent wolf is amazing. LMAO at the brawl players trying to defend this. I asked for an entertaining combo in another thread and they show me a dedede tripping then rolling away and f-smashing for a low percent kill.:laugh:

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
It's just a term we use for brawl highlight videos so they don't sound ********. It would get more views than a compilation video or a highlight video anyways. Even if it isn't accurate, it's just a word.

It's just a term we use for brawl highlight videos so they don't sound ********. It would get more views than a compilation video or a highlight video anyways. Even if it isn't accurate, it's just a word.
It sounds more ******** when they're referred to as combo videos when they're not.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
typical brawl player, convincing themselves their game is good

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I don't believe this debate should continue. Silentwolf only wants to know why there is a section titled "Combo Videos." He is not bashing Brawl or saying Melee is better. If anything, this debate has drifted from the origional topic proposed by the OP. Both sides to this tangent argument are anchored down and will not deviate regardless of logic or reasoning.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
he is bashing brawl. He's wandering why brawl has a combo section when it doesn't have combos which makes it far superior to melee

Oracle

Smash Master
Brawl has no combos. It's not even a point you can defend. Strings don't count because we're referring to combos in the fighting game related sense, IE punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom