• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you think of Jigglypuff in Smash 4?

What do you think of Jigglypuff overall. That includes all games.

• Total voters

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Well I personally love jiggs in smash 4. She´s much better then in Brawl, but she is not at melee level. I find it really fun to play as Jigglypuff in smash 4, She feels extremley fluid. Rest is not at melee level, but that is understandable. How do you find Jiggs in smash 4?

Shog

Smash Ace
I love Jigglypuff in Smash 4:
-Incredible adorable
-Red Ribbon returns (huh DBZ)

About gameplay:
-Back Air Back Air Back Air
-Getting Rest is satisfying
-Pound punishes Air Dodges!! If you use Vanilla Pound, the hitbox will be up just enough to hit them. It works damn well.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I like Puff in Smash 4. Aside from the Pound nerf she feels very comfortable and usable.

Shog

Smash Ace
I like Puff in Smash 4. Aside from the Pound nerf she feels very comfortable and usable.
Is it really nerfed? I always catch the enemy while there air dodging because the hitbox stays out so long. Or is that wrong what I say? I am confused why everyone says it isn't good.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
It has no forward momentum to it so it does nothing to aid your recovery, in addition to reducing its range

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
She feels incredible, while she's not as strong as Melee Puff she's still pretty good. She feels very flexible and it's easy to adapt to your opponent's playstyle, I've found myself being able to counter most characters I've faced by quickly adapting.

As for Pound, it's still usable offensively due to its lingering hitbox, but it's true that in general it has been nerfed as it can no longer be used to recover vertically.

Last edited:

Sqweg

Smash Rookie
She isnt melee puff but she is definitely strong, i've had high success with her in for glory 1 v 1, her aerial game is still amazing.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Is it really nerfed? I always catch the enemy while there air dodging because the hitbox stays out so long. Or is that wrong what I say? I am confused why everyone says it isn't good.
I tested it today and it actually is no longer usable for recovering. Doing nothing but jumps will get you higher than jumps with rising pound.

As for the attack, it's pretty laggy and it doesn't have much reward, you'd be better off using f-air, b-air, or drill. It can hurt shields pretty badly but it doesn't break them so. Yeah. Pound was never a good attacking move in general, and in this game it lost its only real use.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Is my main for now! Dat bair dat rest dat eyes dat everything. I really like playing in the air.

Aflay

Smash Rookie
Can't wait to play her in smash 4. All of the speculation that they took her out had me worried. [R.I.P Ice Climbers]

Pretty disappointed that her final smash is still exactly the same. I was hoping she could at least move or float a little this time around. She was so easy to avoid in Brawl, I imagine it's the same in Smash 4.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
This is honestly what I can say about the new Jigglypuff, compared to my experiences in the past.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
She's burtty cool, and of course she has the biggest graphical upgrade

Top Bottom