• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why do you suppose lucas moves have so much knockback?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Because that's how Nintendo made him to be like.

Nintendo also failed at game designing... at least for Brawl, so that's why he has some of the stuff he does.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I think the reason for Lucas to have such strong knockback and power behind is moves
is because...Nintendo wanted Lucas to look shy, innnocent, soft, and afraid...but when he fights his hidden potential is unleased and he's not what he appears to be. Just like how Lucas was in Mother 3...at first he was a scared little boy, but as the game progressed he gained courage and grew up...thats my theory:)

:094:

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Cuz Lucas is top tier but no one can see it yet. :chuckle:

Really though fsmash's knockback is pretty huge for a average character

Booseter Seat

Smash Cadet
I'm still not exactly sure, but if you ask me, I think it's supposed to simulate how powerful the PSI psychic abilities are; some Brawlers probably assume that Lucas is 'just an average kid' when they first see him, and Nintendo/HAL might have wanted to show how he is really a deeper and more creative character than that. I don't know. :confused:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I was about to say it's because Lucas prefers it when he can keep opponents at bay, but then I realized this may follow from his relatively high knockback, not necessarily an intended playstyle.

I do like the idea that it's a reflection of hidden inner strength, although anyone who's played Mother 3 should be scared stiff of PK Love anyway.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
In my opinion, it was to promote Mother 3.
By introducing Lucas over so many choices, they gave us a fun character to use, and probably sold a few extra copies of the game.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
(sigh)

It's because of Lucas nature in Mother 3. He had a high attack stat (for some reason 0_o) and thats why he can KO. I don't get why they made him a sissy in SSE, he already grew to semi badass in Mother 3. Just Sakurai being an idiot again.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
(sigh)

It's because of Lucas nature in Mother 3. He had a high attack stat (for some reason 0_o) and thats why he can KO. I don't get why they made him a sissy in SSE, he already grew to semi badass in Mother 3. Just Sakurai being an idiot again.
Because Lucas really was a sissy in Mother 3. Well....... In the beginning, at least. Maybe Sakurai played Mother 3, couldn't beat Mecha Drago, so he got frusterated and made Lucas look bad. >_>

Just a theory.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Because Lucas really was a sissy in Mother 3. Well....... In the beginning, at least. Maybe Sakurai played Mother 3, couldn't beat Mecha Drago, so he got frusterated and made Lucas look bad. >_>

Just a theory.
A very plausible theory. Thats why he sucks. Your a genious!

Sakurai should burn.

Top Bottom