• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you still play Brawl?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I found brawl in my old bin and I invited my friend to play it right?

Picked up the game, first match we did
Hyrule, no items, :falco: dittos.

My friend's first attack, was B.
A laser struck the wall of hyrule.
AND IT ****ING STAYED THERE.
I tried to test if it had a hitbox but it didn't.

My point with this is, Brawl is just so slow and FILLED with mistakes and glitches!
Stupid mechanic like tripping
a broken character, :metaknight:

So why do you keep playing this game?

Also don't lock my thread, mods.

Last edited:

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
I like to think of this game as a strategy game, because of is slowness. I <3 my strategy games :D

I would still be playing Brawl if Project M never existed because it has Snake, Lucas, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, the Ice Climbers, and it's easy to put Roy into the roster via outside character creations like Thany's. It's easy to mod, there's so many great fan creations out there, the stuff to do in single player is much better than Smash 4, and overall I prefer Brawl over Smash 4, Smash 4 isn't even close. Even if modding didn't exist, I still would. But PM exists, so I don't have a personal reason to play Brawl.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for the no-hate guys, I wanted actual reasons, TY.\

Also could you explain the Falco blaster glitch that happened?

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Thanks for the no-hate guys, I wanted actual reasons, TY.\

Also could you explain the Falco blaster glitch that happened?
Like you said, the game has too many bugs and glitches, even glitches that people only experienced but others don't know or if it even is true, afraid no one can help.

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Mainly because of my lupine friend :wolf:
Most of my friends who play are also more casual and would rather play it over Melee

If you don't like Brawl, get Project M. Only requires a 2GB or lower SD card. It fixes the problems a lot of people had with Brawl, adds some Melee veterans, and gives a lot of love to the cast.

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
Because despite its difference to other Smash games, it's still a Smash game nonetheless. It's still tons of fun, and I loved playing as the Pokemon Trainer and Snake. I don't play it extremely often, but if I'm really looking for a nostalgic trip to last-gen then I take out my SD card and play Brawl instead of PM.

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Right now I'm mostly playing Smash 4 and exploring it's meta game as many other ex-brawlers are. If I pick up Brawl again it is surely to play as the god-like Meta Knight. Broken as he was you cannot deny how fun he was (man, he really took a beating in Smash 4 lol). However I've developed as far as I could with him so I'll probably pick up Snake (so sad he didn't return to Smash 4 & I kinda miss Wolf & Lucas too.). I think that once the hype for Smash 4 dies down a bit, Brawl will restore some of it's fan-base, but it's overall meta game has developed about as far as it can. It will never be as popular as it once was on a competitive level.

Carbonix

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf dittos on Brawl are hilarious, from time to time I get in the mood for the slow pace of Brawl, usually when I'm getting a bit frustrated with Melee and need a break from it.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
I don't play Brawl much anymore. My favorite character in it is Falco btw. Anyways, I since I still play it some, I'll answer. I played Brawl cuz a friend of mine got me into it at first. My first character was Fox. Then I got Melee, and was so hooked to Smash. I've been a Fox main for 10 months, but yeah, I still like Brawl, since it was my first Smash game, and has so many good memories.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Brawl was the first Smash game I played frequently with friends. I never got into the competitive scene for it, but it will still be my first real Smash experience, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.
but tbh I don't really like it at all now

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't really play Brawl anymore but I did enjoyed playing as Snake and Wolf a lot.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Modding.

I play Melee SD Remix for a competitive experience.

I play Smash U for a character-filled, up-to-date experience.

I play Brawl to experience the content made by the fans.

ChocolateChipped

Smash Rookie
To me I loved the feel of brawl and that Toon Link's Down B always went down fast and pogo sticked unlike in Sm4sh.

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
I was one of the best Brawl players in my area a while back. I haven't played it competitively in a while, but it's a lot more relaxing than melee so I like to play it sometimes for fun.

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
im like number 499 or better in brawl i can tell you from experience that the level editor the subspace emisary and overall i am just more a fan of strategy vs pawning someone with a character of the top tier and that is my world tourney rank the 499 however i would also say its more casual than melee or 3ds and therefore more fun when i dont try to take the game seriously i think it gives me less pressure than in melee and i am used to brawls physics

Harb

Smash Cadet
NNID
Harb323
Switch FC
SW-2002-6569-6711
Well I play it because there are many things in the games that I like. The stages (Pirate Ship mainly), Boss Battles, SSE, Classic, etc. I also do it to go back and play cut characters like Wolf.

Shaq

BRoomer
BRoomer
I stil play Brawl cuz being a Brawler is pretty close to bein a Baller. What up.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Brawl just seems funner than melee and pm. I would probably play brawl more if I played online often.

JapanGuy

Smash Cadet
I honestly think people exaggerate about Brawl's speed. Yes it is the slowest of the Smash games, but that doesn't make it bad, and honestly, you'd have to be pretty shallow to think that. Anyway, I still play Brawl because I find it fun with it's stages and characters. Back with Wolf, when Sonic was good, (not a fan of Smash 4 Sonic) when Ike wasn't unbearably slow. I'm not saying Brawl is superior to Smash 4, but it does have small perks that make me revisit it every now and again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom