• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do YOU play with Ike??

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Ike is the only swordman that I play in SSBB.

1. His sword have a good Range
2. Awesome Aerial attacks
3. He has a Meteor Smash attack

Hey ! He fights for his friends !

He is a great Warrior.

d snyde

Smash Apprentice
I play because he is a powerhouse of strong moves. If you can get them in that is. he maybe slow but if you underestimate him then bad things may happen.

TiekoForever

Smash Rookie
Well i have always liked his fighting style and i have always been able to use him for the right reasons instead of just waving my sword around like i don't know how. haha

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i've always liked the warrior type characters

and i personally like ikes character design better than marths and links

i love his playstyle

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
The thing I don't like about it is that they will post in this thread, but never bother to start talking and learning and participating in any other way. If they only post in threads like this, they will never get better. What's the point of having a smashbaords account if you only post in nub threads like this?

More or less, I'd rather see these people trying to learn things by posting in Ashunera's Library, (AKA the Q&A thread). Finding all these posts from people I've never seen who have <10 post counts... I'd just rather see them trying to accomplish something for themselves.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Do you really care that much about people posting in this thread. For one thing, post count doesn't matter. This guy turtle almost beat inui a couple months ago and he had about 7 posts at the time and it was his first tournament. Some people play casually and want to know why people play Ike hence the purpose of this thread. The thread would've been closed by now if it violated the spam rules. Why should people be obligated to participate. Think man.

I don't care for this thread at all, but unlike yourself, it doesn't bother me because I should have no influence on anyone's posts. Just let this thread die out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
While post count should never matter on how good you are, the general people who answer these kinda topics are really just casual players. Nevertheless, it's still fun to be an arse and start up pointless arguments.

While it is annoying to "veterans", we have to remember that we once were nubs as well and would answer these kind of threads. Still though, it's annoying when rookies refuse to progress themselves by not entitling themselves to the more serious threads.

So what I think Brett is trying to get at is the people who have like over 9000 posts (Epic reference) but most of them come from useless topics or posts that really don't progress the person's talent. It's one thing to put your insight into something, but if you refuse to learn from your experiences, you'll always be a nub =/ (comboking).

Also, one last note, I think Smashboards is a more serious site than AllisBrawl, so it's expected for the majority of posters to take the game seriously...but we have to keep in mind that this game is more popular as a casual play than serious tourny play.

Palpi

Smash Hero
While post count should never matter on how good you are, the general people who answer these kinda topics are really just casual players. Nevertheless, it's still fun to be an arse and start up pointless arguments.

While it is annoying to "veterans", we have to remember that we once were nubs as well and would answer these kind of threads. Still though, it's annoying when rookies refuse to progress themselves by not entitling themselves to the more serious threads.

So what I think Brett is trying to get at is the people who have like over 9000 posts (Epic reference) but most of them come from useless topics or posts that really don't progress the person's talent. It's one thing to put your insight into something, but if you refuse to learn from your experiences, you'll always be a nub =/ (comboking).

Also, one last note, I think Smashboards is a more serious site than AllisBrawl, so it's expected for the majority of posters to take the game seriously...but we have to keep in mind that this game is more popular as a casual play than serious tourny play.
You really don't understand what I am trying to say. Why should it be annoying to YOU if THEY don't seem to be "progressing themselves." This is a game. Games are for enjoyment. They might enjoy these kinds of things. It is their decision to post in this thread and who are you to tell them not to?

It isn't that I don't agree with brett or you but your approach is ********. Don't flame the thread, let it die out. The only reason I keep arguing this is because both of your reasonings bewilder me.

BTW: This is a dumb thread and should die, but no reason to insult the people posting in it... pretty much what I am getting at. DONE!

Matamune

Smash Rookie
Hey Ike Is the man. I guess another reason I main him is because my GF thinks Ike Its teh sexiest man in the game.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Teh Brettster said:
If they only post in threads like this, they will never get better.
If they have <10 posts, then they're obviously new and haven't had much time to get around the forum. Even if their first 10 posts are all in these kinds of threads, that doesn't mean all their future posts will be. Give them a chance to settle in.

theeboredone said:
I'm seeing people post here that I have never seen in my life... ... ... Still though, it's annoying when rookies refuse to progress themselves by not entitling themselves to the more serious threads.
Again, posting in a serious thread is difficult for someone just joining a forum who is ignorant to most of the topics. Threads like this help them to get acquainted with the regular forumers, so yeah, new members will post in these threads a lot. And if we give them warm welcomes rather than call them n00bs and scare them off, they might stay and try to participate in the more ambitious threads.

theeboredone said:
over 9000 posts (Epic reference)
Power level FTW.

Palpi said:
This is a dumb thread and should die
Not every thread in a forum has to be serious and meaningful. Since post counts don't matter, let people make some meaningless threads to have some fun once in awhile. If it dies it dies, if it doesn't and people continue to make jokes... so what? They obviously are enjoying it.

Matamune said:
I guess another reason I main him is because my GF thinks Ike Its teh sexiest man in the game.
Oh yeah cause you want your girl to become infatuated with the manly guy on the TV screen rather than with you, lol. I have to agree though, Ike is the man.

Pughead

Smash Rookie
I play Ike because he fits my playstyle, and its just so much fun to watch people jump straight into an Ike-style side smash.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
The entire reason I play with Ike is because of how amazing he is in FE9 and FE10. Despite the fact he really doesn't fit my playstyle in fighting games (I generally main, or at least use, the speedier characters), I love him in his games, so I'm here now maining him.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I sometimes play Ike just to hear the sound of his Sword slamming the opponent.
Sounds like he hits 'em with a big telephone pole.

And I love his Jab canceling game.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
He's a lot like Ganon in a way.. with more range, power, speed, combos, and a jab. Eh.

Other than that, Ike's just that cool.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
[If I played Ike] I'd play him for the sole reason that he can crush small continents in a single blow, for his friends. God****it he has spiky blue hair. I want spiky blue hair. Or friends to fight for. I have no friends.

srsly though, I like the fact that he is a swordsman with a cape, and he isn't shaped in a ball.

Lostwind

Smash Rookie
I enjoyed the Fire Emblem series when it finally released here in the US, still do. I took a certain liking to Ike in both of his games, and find his move style effective. His speed, imo, is deceptively slow, because his hitboxes on most of his killing moves actually come out faster than they appear.

Plus, he has blue hair, that deserves points.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
uhhhhhhhhhhhh................................
because he is a good character

Shoshidai

Smash Rookie
ike's moveset is easy to get used to, he probably has one of the coolest personalities for a character in brawl, plus his final smash is EPIC

Top Bottom