• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play low tier?

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, but based on what you said on the boards, and in your sig, most people here will assume you suck unless you can prove to us that you don't suck. If you think you're good, why not money match someone who is good and tell us how it goes...
I already told Ademisk, that I'll make a video, I can't just pull one out of my a*s just to please you...

You'll get your video... let me worry about that...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Lol at Ness players getting angry that their character sucks XD If anyone has the right to be mad its Kirby players. Their character went from second best to THIRD WORST. Our character dropped more than any other characters. You Ness players should be happy you didn't get it as bad as us T-T

Edit: Also, lol at the n00b who joined smash boards in the last 11 days and is pretending to be pro with Ness.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Lol at Ness players getting angry that their character sucks XD If anyone has the right to be mad its Kirby players. Their character went from second best to THIRD WORST. Our character dropped more than any other characters. You Ness players should be happy you didn't get it as bad as us T-T

Edit: Also, lol at the n00b who joined smash boards in the last 11 days and is pretending to be pro with Ness.
What about people who play Ness and Kirby, along with a bunch of other crap characters? :p

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If there's anything broken about kirby it's his nair. **** has so much range and priority and power

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
How about this one:

b-air -> b-air -> b-air -> d-air

Best if they DI into you, and then downwards over the edge when you SPIKE!

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is the most fun and he was my favorite Pokemon. Also probably my third best character.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Bowser is my second best character, and Mewtwo is my third. It's not by choice either, I just pick randoms for sandbagging and those are the two I've gotten the best at. But seriously, I can't play anyone other than Ness.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Bowser is my second best character, and Mewtwo is my third. It's not by choice either, I just pick randoms for sandbagging and those are the two I've gotten the best at. But seriously, I can't play anyone other than Ness.
Sounds a bit like me. My top 5 are all bottom tiers, while my Zelda is far better than anyone else. I just played whoever i felt like before i even knew what the tier list was. Still do now. :)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
beyond bowser i play ganon sheik and fox, i play them because i have fun with them, especially sheik actually, although i have a very very abnormal fox.

very.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Top Tier characters are just weak to me, (maybe it's not a good amount of Smash masters that main Top Tier characters around where I live), becasue I know all the movement's and strategies of a character before a person do it. Only character that seem a challage to me is big characters because I don't see them very often. =/

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Ay, but knowing that a Falco is just going to take you to FD and Laser camp you doesn't make it any easier to beat him does it? Just because you know your going to get pillared or waveshined or double Faired or Chain grabbed doesn't make it any easier to avoid it does it?

The fact is, as a Kirby player I have learned that there really are hopeless situations that cant be avoided no matter how well I play. I recently did a 1v1 against a Fox on FD and I knew he was just gonna run around and SHDL, but it didn't mean I had a viable way to avoid it. If I crouched he would just come in with a quick wave shine and Kirby was too slow to avoid it. You have to learn that no matter how good your character is, they have limitations and I think that is where the tier list really comes into play. Its not that high tier characters are just plain better per se(although they sort of are >_>) but they have LESS weaknesses. So Fox can be CG'd and Combo'd, big whoop. Kirby can be CG'd, Combo'd, Camped, Gimped and killed before breaking triple digit percents.

Annhialator Zero

Smash Apprentice
I play a very offensive Kirby and Pichu for laughs, but it's annoying that no matter what kind of offensive or defensive maneuvers you make the top-tiers will still own you. That's actually why I play offensive, to try and prevent getting comboed across the arena

§leepy God

Smash Master
Well I do play with Ness the best way I could possable can, even though I have trouble with IC's and Sheik's. But I don't like playing top or high tiers becasue I see too many of those same characters in tournmants, you know.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
I think it's important to have a connection with your character. I will never play as Fox or Marth because I truly hate them both as characters. From the bottom of my heart. (While I'm at it, the same goes for Roy, Falco, Lucas, and Ike.)

I main Mario. I'm not sure if I main Mario just because he's Mario, or what, but over the years I've gotten very comfortable with him. I know he's not the best, but I feel like he's the best for me. I like his physics and his attacks. Switching to another character at this point seems nearly impossible.

However, I'm sure with enough practice you could probably feel this comfortable with just about any character.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
I think low tiers can be ok. Like Link, Luigi, Pikachu and Donkey Kong can be good. They are ok. Bum beat Isai with DK. I think that the characters no-one should play unless you are Chu Dat or Gimpy etc are Bowser, Pichu, Kirby.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> Its basically my goal in life right now to have my name Next to Taj's under Pro Mewtwos.
-DD

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I main Ness in tourneys(duh). And i do so because i like his play style. Especially his recovery. He is very unique IMO. As far as always getting beaten by high-tiers...no. Gimpy(not that i could ever compare myself to gimpy) has proven that a low-tier-user who knows what he is doing can win any fight. I have taken down my fair of tournament foxes and sheiks.

Smash Apprentice
I play low tier because the characters I play are my favorites, and I like their playstyle.
I played low tier long before I knew I played low tier.

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
I people I play are low tier:

Pichu: Fav pokemon (weird reason, i know)
Ness: Good with him
Zelda: Secondary
Mr. G&W: My first guy I played: The first person I always play as I'm good at.

EDIT: And to rub in people's faces that tiers don't really exist and that Mewto can beat up Fox.

Top Bottom