• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people show up in a room and then immediately leave? (For Glory)

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
While playing on For Glory, I've noticed a phenomenon: when I'm waiting for people in a room (free-for-all 4-player smash or 1-on-1 smash), people will show up in one of the slots, and then a few seconds later, they immediately leave. And it keeps happening over and over again. At first, I thought they leave because of Internet connectivity issues (such as "communication errors"), but now I believe people are deliberately leaving the room I'm in only moments after they enter the room. I've noticed that men tend to leave after a few seconds more than women.

I would say that in the past year, in terms of people showing up in the room I'm in and then immediately leaving, it has happened hundreds of times. Is this normal?

In addition, for those who do stay in the room to play against me (and sometimes others), many people leave after just one match. This happens a lot in the 1-on-1 section of For Glory -- they will play against me once, and then leave after only one match. My win rate on For Glory 1-on-1 is about 67%.

For no apparent reason, people sometimes change their name tags to insulting things (such as "USUCK") before leaving.

Perhaps this is a symptom of For Glory in 2019, but I keep seeing the same people over and over again (and I'm not in "For Glory Hell"). And there are certain people who I see over and over again who I know will immediately leave after being in the same room as me for a few seconds. Sometimes, after a person leaves the room I'm in, I go looking for a new room -- and then the new room I enter has the person who I encountered in the 1st room -- and then upon me entering their room, they immediately leave.

There have been several instances in which I enter a full room in free-for-all (a room with 3 other people) and then a few seconds after I enter, all 3 people leave.

By the way, my main is Yoshi (I play as Yoshi in almost every match), and my name tag has the word "Yoshi" in it. Also, my name at the bottom of the screen has the word "Yoshi" in it as well.

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
It's probably because nobody really plays Smash 4 anymore do you have a switch?
I don't have a Switch yet, which is why I'm still playing Smash 4. Plus I've heard the online for Ultimate (Quickplay) is terrible, so I'm playing Smash 4's online for now. Eventually I will get a Switch and play Utlimate.

There are still some people playing Smash 4's online (For Fun / For Glory) -- I've noticed that most of the people playing Smash 4's online mode in 2019 are from Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Peru, and other Latin American countries.

Though there are still some people playing Smash 4's online mode, the lack of people playing is noticeable (i.e. frequently getting into 1-on-1 matches within the 4-player mode because no one else shows up).

I still don't know why people show up and then immediately leave a room I'm in.

Last edited:

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
I don't have a Switch yet, which is why I'm still playing Smash 4. Plus I've heard the online for Ultimate (Quickplay) is terrible, so I'm playing Smash 4's online for now. Eventually I will get a Switch and play Utlimate.

There are still some people playing Smash 4's online (For Fun / For Glory) -- I've noticed that most of the people playing Smash 4's online mode in 2019 are from Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Peru, and other Latin American countries.

Though there are still some people playing Smash 4's online mode, the lack of people playing is noticeable (i.e. frequently getting into 1-on-1 matches within the 4-player mode because no one else shows up).

I still don't know why people show up and then immediately leave a room I'm in.
Yeah the Online is pretty bad but you can make custom arenas with whatever rules you want to so that's a plus. They might fix the Online or slightly by the time that you get it. If you aren't living in any of those countries then that's your problem, most of them are just getting disconnected because you're too far away

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I think it has something to do with the person, in Ultimate Nintendo removed interactions because people were using it to be toxic, being toxic is a part of a game stratagy they want to provoke you so you can be easier to read. By removing the genders, race, skin color and interaction people were able to fight better because they couldn't tell who they were fighting.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If it’s free for all or team battle, I immediately left if:

1) I entered by accident.
2) I didn’t want to wait for all players to join, so I would leave and try again until I got to a room where all 3 were Ready and thus start the match immediately. (Sorry).

But I rarely played these modes anyway.

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
If it’s free for all or team battle, I immediately left if:

1) I entered by accident.
2) I didn’t want to wait for all players to join, so I would leave and try again until I got to a room where all 3 were Ready and thus start the match immediately. (Sorry).

But I rarely played these modes anyway.
Weirdly, many people are showing up and then leaving in full rooms (in the 4-player mode of For Glory). So there will be three people in the room (including me), then a fourth person will show up, and then that fourth person immediately leaves.

As I said, I keep seeing the same people over and over again, so there probably aren't many people playing For Glory these days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom