• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Why do people hate the 3DS Smash Bros. so much?!?!

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Well, what if they don't prepare for the Wii U version and keep playing on the 3DS? I'm sure a lot of players will still play on Smash 3DS even if the Wii U version is out. Both versions are getting competitive scenes, there are two different metagames because of the different stages, so yeah.
No-one is obligated to switch to the Wii U version and the 3DS will hold up perfectly fine on its own if people don't want to buy both. :p It's just what I remember being said as one of the thoughts behind how the two games will work hand in hand.

Soul.

No-one is obligated to switch to the Wii U version and the 3DS will hold up perfectly fine on its own if people don't want to buy both. :p It's just what I remember being said as one of the thoughts behind how the two games will work hand in hand.
I agree with the part on bold. Oh, yeah, that's true. Still, though, people are going to play both games.
A group of players can play on 3DS and another group on Wii U.

D

Deleted member

My thoughts exactly @ Soul. Soul. . People should stop with the whole ''Wii U is better'' thing. Both games should be treated the same. I agree with @ TeaTwoTime TeaTwoTime though, some people might want to play the 3DS game only.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I agree with the part on bold. Oh, yeah, that's true. Still, though, people are going to play both games.
A group of players can play on 3DS and another group on Wii U.
I'll definitely be playing both for a long time. :) The 3DS will always be getting play from me because of the fact that it's portable. At home, I'll play the 3DS version until the Wii U version is released and then stick to Smash U. Probably. :p

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I dont think people really hate it, they probably just prefer the Wii U version. I plan on getting both versions, the 3ds version to hold me over until the Wii U version comes out. When I'm on a roadtrip or something (example going to a convention) I'll bring my 3ds and play smash bros, it all works out for me! :3

Fumpster

Smash Rookie
I think the general sentiment is that once the Wii U version is out, the 3DS version will see a lot less playtime for most people. This gives the 3DS version roughly a month or so of playtime while most people will have much, much longer legs. This is some generalizing, of course, since I personally plan to play the 3DS version a lot while I'm on-campus and the Wii U version whenever I'm home. That said, if I could describe a perfect situation for myself, it would be that all of the time and resources that went into the 3DS version went into creating a Wii U version that is bigger than the one we're going to get (even though I'm positive these games will both be enormous in their own rights). So, I'm not sure that anyone hates the 3DS version, but I do think a lot of people wish it weren't being made. I wish Smash Run were in the Wii U version instead. I wish all of the fun, quirky looking stages like the Spirit Train were on the Wii U version instead. I wish all the trophies from the 3DS version were in the Wii U version instead. It's just a matter of preference. I am sure the 3DS version will be excellent (I even played it at Best Buy and liked it a lot), but I play Smash with my friends on my couch while kicking back a few drinks, and if those are the circumstances, I'm playing the Wii U version.

It's sort of like the Subspace Emissary in Brawl. So much time and effort was put into that mode for something that ended up being sort of boring once the novelty wore off. It wasn't replayable, and it's hard to even find it fun anymore, personally. Perhaps the time and resources that went into SSE could have given us a few extra characters, stages, songs, etc. Obviously I don't know how the game was developed, and I doubt the same group of people who made the videos, stages, and assets for SSE were also creating stages and characters. But if they had knowledge of how to make those things then surely they could have helped to make some extras that people would appreciate years from then. I don't think Smash 3DS will end up being boring, but I do think the Wii U version could potentially overshadow it, and if it does there are going to be a lot of people wishing that the time put into the weaker version was put into one singular and meatier experience instead.

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
I think the general sentiment is that once the Wii U version is out, the 3DS version will see a lot less playtime for most people. This gives the 3DS version roughly a month or so of playtime while most people will have much, much longer legs. This is some generalizing, of course, since I personally plan to play the 3DS version a lot while I'm on-campus and the Wii U version whenever I'm home. That said, if I could describe a perfect situation for myself, it would be that all of the time and resources that went into the 3DS version went into creating a Wii U version that is bigger than the one we're going to get (even though I'm positive these games will both be enormous in their own rights). So, I'm not sure that anyone hates the 3DS version, but I do think a lot of people wish it weren't being made. I wish Smash Run were in the Wii U version instead. I wish all of the fun, quirky looking stages like the Spirit Train were on the Wii U version instead. I wish all the trophies from the 3DS version were in the Wii U version instead. It's just a matter of preference. I am sure the 3DS version will be excellent (I even played it at Best Buy and liked it a lot), but I play Smash with my friends on my couch while kicking back a few drinks, and if those are the circumstances, I'm playing the Wii U version.

It's sort of like the Subspace Emissary in Brawl. So much time and effort was put into that mode for something that ended up being sort of boring once the novelty wore off. It wasn't replayable, and it's hard to even find it fun anymore, personally. Perhaps the time and resources that went into SSE could have given us a few extra characters, stages, songs, etc. Obviously I don't know how the game was developed, and I doubt the same group of people who made the videos, stages, and assets for SSE were also creating stages and characters. But if they had knowledge of how to make those things then surely they could have helped to make some extras that people would appreciate years from then. I don't think Smash 3DS will end up being boring, but I do think the Wii U version could potentially overshadow it, and if it does there are going to be a lot of people wishing that the time put into the weaker version was put into one singular and meatier experience instead.
For me, I'm anticipating the 3DS version a lot more than I am the Wii U version, and I am SO happy it's coming out first. First of all, I can take it anywhere! That means anywhere around my house, on the bus from school, to a friends house even. Second, the graphic style looks soooo great to me. When a newcomer or veteran is announced, I go straight to the 3DS pictures and totally skip over all of the Wii U ones. It also has Smash Run! That looks very cool too.
But yeah, the Wii U version DEFINITELY won't replace the 3DS version for me. Wii U will be the party version, and the one I'll use when I'm home and around my Wii U. But the 3DS I can use everywhere else, and will probably end up getting most of my time.

Fumpster

Smash Rookie
For me, I'm anticipating the 3DS version a lot more than I am the Wii U version, and I am SO happy it's coming out first. First of all, I can take it anywhere! That means anywhere around my house, on the bus from school, to a friends house even. Second, the graphic style looks soooo great to me. When a newcomer or veteran is announced, I go straight to the 3DS pictures and totally skip over all of the Wii U ones. It also has Smash Run! That looks very cool too.
But yeah, the Wii U version DEFINITELY won't replace the 3DS version for me. Wii U will be the party version, and the one I'll use when I'm home and around my Wii U. But the 3DS I can use everywhere else, and will probably end up getting most of my time.
Yeah, I understand this. It really does come down to what your lifestyle is like more, I suppose. If you're on the go a lot, the 3DS version can definitely be a lifesaver, especially if you're okay with playing by yourself often.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I suppose. If you're on the go a lot, the 3DS version can definitely be a lifesaver, especially if you're okay with playing by yourself often.
I love being able to move my laptop around the house and play it in different places: living room couch, den couch, basement, bed, etc. Also if someone else is watching TV/playing other Wii U game you can still play Sm4sh.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I think it's not "hate", is "no interest". The cause is simple: controls, better WiFi connection and home-comfort are superior "facts" for Wii U version over 3DS one. In my opinion, these can be solved. You can buy a grid with second stick or any other periferial to make controls work as they do in home consoles. If you have a good WiFi connection compatible with 3DS, maybe you don't see huge differences. And if you like playing on the bed, comfort is higher. So, I wouldn't say 3DS version is a bad one. In fact, I think it could have an important competitive scene such as Pokémon series. But I think the point is how different 3DS version is compared to Wii U's. If they are the same in physics, mechanics, etc., nobody will play it. But... if Sakurai keeps his word (he said 3DS is Smash 4 and Wii U is Smash 5), we'll have a great game.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Yeah, I understand this. It really does come down to what your lifestyle is like more, I suppose. If you're on the go a lot, the 3DS version can definitely be a lifesaver, especially if you're okay with playing by yourself often.

Yup I'm one of those guys i'm getting the 3ds smash to hold me over till wiiu release i don't know if i will becoming back to it at all after.

Soul.

I'm sure the 3DS version is still going to be played even if the Wii U version "overshadows" it. Not everything will be on Smash Wii U. That version has what it has because it's a console game, that's all. I think some people wanted a handheld Smash Bros. game, and it finally happened. Its stages may seem gimmicky, but the Wii U version will have gimmicky stages too.
Like you said, it's a matter of preference. People can play on 3DS or Wii U and it's still going to be Smash Bros. Both will have good online multiplayer, both will be great games, and as I said, it's Smash Bros.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I doubt the 3DS version would see less play when the wii u is out. For one thing it's very likely the 3DS version will sell much better than the Wii U version because of there being a bigger install base. And Japan prefers handhelds than consoles now a days.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
well, i for one will probably continue playing the 3DS version after Smash U is released. similar to how i every once in a while jones for 64 or melee or ... even brawl (since the online is down i don't consider it existing anymore).

dem stages man. also smash run. also i live in japan so portable usage is more of a thing (there are some places i enjoy going to that have me sitting idly for an hour, and at least one other person on my train car will have a 3DS out and will be playing something).

the final reason is that i have a lot of gamer friends who are cheap *******s (not sure the language rules on this board) and while i can convince the ones that matter to get a 3DS, they most likely won't get a Wii U... ever. i'm always looking for more opportunities to quash these friends' dreams and then suck out their remaining life-force with a meteor b****slap or pointy u-air.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it boils down to "3DS sucks! Get the Wii U version!" General trolling, and what have you.

Never minding the fact that I find the 3DS version more exciting unless Sakurai has one helluva whopper for the Wii U version he hasn't announced.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Welp. I predict even more hate towards the 3DS version now, with the technical issues in the 3DS tournament stream

Some people surely will not understand the issues were because of the capture card and not because the game is poorly done or something.

Oh well, I learned to deal with Melee elitists hating on Brawl, I guess I can learn how to deal with Wii U elitists as well.

Last edited:

Soul.

Welp. I predict even more hate towards the 3DS version now, with the technical issues in the 3DS tournament stream

Some people surely will not understand the issues were because of the capture card and not because the game is poorly done or something.
I'm sure those issues will be fixed in the final version.
The tournament is running on a version in development. I don't see the point of hating it because of that. Not everything has to be on Smash Wii U to hype everyone. The 3DS version deserves hype, too. In the end, though, both games will hype.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Oh well, I learned to deal with Melee elitists hating on Brawl, I guess I can learn how to deal with Wii U elitists as well.
In this case it has nothing to do with the capture card, as the commentators and players stay in sync, meaning there is legitimate lag. It's a demo version that is struggling to keep up the frame rate since it's keeping a wireless connection with 3 other consoles in an environment filled with all kinds of things that can conflict with it, no wonder it's lagging.

I don't think the 3DS version will be the one people will go to for FFAs either way solely because everyone needs a seperate system.

D

Deleted member

Well, they've been wanting a handheld Smash to come out since the N64 days, and now they dislike it. Meh, maybe fans don't know what they want.. ? I agree though, the issues had to do with the capture card and the fact that it's not the final version, so it could be buggy or have some glitches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maikou

Smash Ace
In this case it has nothing to do with the capture card, as the commentators and players stay in sync, meaning there is legitimate lag. It's a demo version that is struggling to keep up the frame rate since it's keeping a wireless connection with 3 other consoles in an environment filled with all kinds of things that can conflict with it, no wonder it's lagging.

I don't think the 3DS version will be the one people will go to for FFAs either way solely because everyone needs a seperate system.
Wow, really? Just because a video live stream sucks a game has to suck too? As I recall, some people complained about visual lag on the Live Stream Directs. I also recall seeing the recorded versions with no lag anywhere. Live Streams screwing up have nothing to do with the game unless someone in the video themself(ves) comment on the bugs or glitches in the game. It could be the system one is using, it could be the capture card screwing up, MAYBE it's the game screwing up, but assuming it's the game screwing up right off the bat is just stupid. LISTEN to what they say before you act.

Besides that fact, the players being sync, assuming you're referring to them actually PLAYING, then that's proof that the capture card IS the one screwing up. Players would be making horrible mistakes and lose synchronization if it was the game. The smart thing to do when the game itself visually lags is to wait or stop and/or pause the game. Have they done so? (I don't know, I'm not watching right now)
Well, they've been wanting a handheld Smash to come out since the N64 days, and now they dislike it.
EXACTLY! WE'VE WANTED HANDHELD SMASH FOR YEARS NOW AND NOW THAT WE FINALLY HAVE IT, EVERYONE IS JUST BLINDLY HATING ON IT FOR NO GOOD REASON! UGH!

Reila

Well, they've been wanting a handheld Smash to come out since the N64 days, and now they dislike it. Meh, maybe fans don't know what they want.. ? I agree though, the issues had to do with the capture card and the fact that it's not the final version, so it could be buggy or have some glitches.
Right? I remember people asking for a handheld Smash when stuff like Jump Super Stars was coming out for the DS and now they hate it. But yeah, even the Wii U version was prone to glitches back in the Invitationals. Sakurai even said he was glad the game didn't crash during the tournament. lol. I don't think the demo is laggy because I know people who played it today and in the same stage (Spirit Train) and they say the game ran flawlessly, without one little bit of lag.

Reila

Well, that's your opinion and I respect it, but if so, why are you here then?
Because not being interested in something is not enough for some people. They need to shove it in the face of others who are actually interested in the game.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
So i'm thinking that people are starting to calm down about the 3ds version.

I think its been thoroughly shown that the roster is going to be plenty big this time around, and the 3ds seems to be handling certain characters just fine, like olimar and rosalina.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Because not being interested in something is not enough for some people. They need to shove it in the face of others who are actually interested in the game.
It won't be? I do believe having Smash on 3DS will be amazing. Imagine playing Smash on the go? It's like a dream come true. But when comparing a hand-held to a console version of the same game, wouldn't the console clearly be better? I never said the 3DS version is bad. I think it's probably one of the coolest things about Sm4sh.

Try not to take things in the worst possible way.

D

Deleted member

It won't be? I do believe having Smash on 3DS will be amazing. Imagine playing Smash on the go? It's like a dream come true. But when comparing a hand-held to a console version of the same game, wouldn't the console clearly be better? I never said the 3DS version is bad. I think it's probably one of the coolest things about Sm4sh.

Try not to take things in the worst possible way.
Well, it's just that it doesn't make sense to compare a handheld game to a console game. The 3DS version should be compared to its nemesis, PSASBR for Vita, instead.

Soul.

Well, that's your opinion and I respect it, but if so, why are you here then?
Eh, Wii U players say their version is better without trying the handheld version. The 3DS version is supposed to offer a unique experience because it's on a handheld.
Okay, graphics? They don't make a game. It's all about the gameplay.
Better control options for the Wii U version? Lol, it's a console game. Of course it needs those features.
"The better competitive stages"? Nah, I think the 3DS version also has viable stages for competitive play. Smash Wii U is getting gimmicky stages as well.
If the 3DS version is "casual", then the Wii U version is casual too....wait, Smash Bros. is casual but can be made competitive. Those two games will be good anyways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, Wii U players say their version is better without trying the handheld version. The 3DS version is supposed to offer a unique experience because it's on a handheld.
Okay, graphics? They don't make a game. It's all about the gameplay.
Better control options for the Wii U version? Lol, it's a console game. Of course it needs those features.
"The better competitive stages"? Nah, I think the 3DS version also has viable stages for competitive play. Smash Wii U is getting gimmicky stages as well.
If the 3DS version is "casual", then the Wii U version is casual too....wait, Smash Bros. is casual but can be made competitive. Those two games will be good anyways.
Agreed. Graphics don't make a game, for example, look at Knack and Ryse. Both are great-looking games, but where's the gameplay? Both versions are aimed at casual players and competitive players, that's true. Just because a game is on a handheld it's ''casual''?

Reila

I wonder if the people who says Smash Wii U is better because of "muh HD graphics" never played Smash before? I mean, Smash Wii U will be the first HD game in the series (not even full HD, at that), all others were SD. Maybe they think all console games are HD? lol

Also, the people who say Smash Wii U is better because of "muh Gamecube controller" certainly never played Smash 64. Hell, Smash Bros is not a game like Street Fighter or King of Fighters that needs extremely precise commands or stuff like plinking in Street Fighter 4 (which is extremely annoying to pull off ;_;). The 3DS controller will be more than enough for playing Smash. Heck, even the Wii Remote was.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Sakurai mentioned that the speed of game will be between Melee and Brawl so that both the Competitives AND Casuals can enjoy the experiance equally. The two online modes, Fun and Glory will be on both versions, they will both share the same character roster and have the same items (I've seen pictures of certain items on both versions, confirming this, by the way). The basic experiance will be similar and obviously we don't need to worry about the 3DS holding the Wii U back as most people assume. We have a pretty big character roster that seems to be about as large as Brawl's right now. Obviously Items aren't a very big deal. In all honesty the only real differences are graphics quality which don't matter (Seriously the 3DS looks GORGEOUS to me!) and maybe ONE or TWO unique modes. Honestly.
Agreed. Graphics don't make a game, for example, look at Knack and Ryse. Both are great-looking games, but where's the gameplay? Both versions are aimed at casual players and competitive players, that's true. Just because a game is on a handheld it's ''casual''?
Just being on handheld makes instant casual? I BEG to differ. Kid Icarus: Uprising anyone? I go online and people DESTROY me. Instantly. And I can best 5.0 difficulty most of time.

I hate when all people care about is graphics. Colorful, cartoony, cute graphics means instant bad graphics means instant bad game, is basically the thought process and it annoys me to no end. I will say that there are some graphical levels that do matter, but graphics alone don't make or break a game. I admit I like my graphics, but not like most people. If anything I prefer the 3DS graphics style. I think of things more artistically than technically.

I hope gaming doesn't eventually just become a contest of who can make the most graphics and sexualizations...... I don't want Nintendo to stop making their excellent E-rated games.

Sorry for going off topic but I NEEDED to say that.
I wonder if the people who says Smash Wii U is better because of "muh HD graphics" never played Smash before? I mean, Smash Wii U will be the first HD game in the series (not even full HD, at that), all others were SD. Maybe they think all console games are HD? lol

Also, the people who say Smash Wii U is better because of "muh Gamecube controller" certainly never played Smash 64. Hell, Smash Bros is not a game like Street Fighter which needs extremely precise commands or stuff like plinking in Street Fighter 4. The 3DS controller will be more than enough for playing Smash. Heck, even the Wii Remote was.
EXACTLY! this exactly! Smash isn't a normal fighting game with complex preset combos and plain, barren, stupid stages with no elevations or gimmicks! Smash is simple enough for a four year old, and yes I have been playing Smash since I was four, to pick up and play. The only other fighting game series my six-year-old self could ever play was Soul Calibur, and that was only because it ACTUALLY had a training mode and relatively simple combos/controls plus stages that were unique and sometimes gimmicky!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, the people who say Smash Wii U is better because of "muh Gamecube controller" certainly never played Smash 64. Hell, Smash Bros is not a game like Street Fighter which needs extremely precise commands or stuff like plinking in Street Fighter 4. The 3DS controller will be more than enough for playing Smash. Heck, even the Wii Remote was.
I've seen lots of users in here, which I'm not gonna name, that claim the Wii U version is better just for those 2 things. Seriously, ever since the 360 and PS3's release, most games have been in HD, so it's nothing new. Smash Bros. Wii U isn't a graphics powerhouse, either. I played Brawl back in the day with all of the controller options, from the Wii Remote, to the Classic Controller, and all of them felt great. My thoughts exactly.

Reila

Sakurai mentioned that the speed of game will be between Melee and Brawl so that both the Competitives AND Casuals can enjoy the experiance equally. The two online modes, Fun and Glory will be on both versions, they will both share the same character roster and have the same items (I've seen pictures of certain items on both versions, confirming this, by the way). The basic experiance will be similar and obviously we don't need to worry about the 3DS holding the Wii U back as most people assume. We have a pretty big character roster that seems to be about as large as Brawl's right now. Obviously Items aren't a very big deal. In all honesty the only real differences are graphics quality which don't matter (Seriously the 3DS looks GORGEOUS to me!) and maybe ONE or TWO unique modes. Honestly.

Just being on handheld makes instant casual? I BEG to differ. Kid Icarus: Uprising anyone? I go online and people DESTROY me. Instantly. And I can best 5.0 difficulty most of time.
This game here alone is argument enough to dismiss the "handheld games are casual" idea.

I've seen lots of users in here, which I'm not gonna name, that claim the Wii U version is better just for those 2 things. Seriously, ever since the 360 and PS3's release, most games have been in HD, so it's nothing new. Smash Bros. Wii U isn't a graphics powerhouse, either. I played Brawl back in the day with all of the controller options, from the Wii Remote, to the Classic Controller, and all of them felt great. My thoughts exactly.
Exactly! Having owned a PS3 and played stuff like The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite, as well having a gaming PC, I can't help but giggle at people who are picking Smash Wii U only because of the graphics. On other hand, the people who are picking this version and ignoring the 3DS one because of the lack of local multi-player (as in 4 players in the same, big screen) have all of my respect. It is a completely valid reason for not wanting the 3DS version of Smash 4, imo.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
This game here alone is argument enough to dismiss the "handheld games are casual" idea.

Exactly! Having owned a PS3 and played stuff like The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite, as well having a gaming PC, I can't help but giggle at people who are picking Smash Wii U only because of the graphics. On other hand, the people who are picking this version and ignoring the 3DS one because of the lack of local multi-player (as in 4 players in the same, big screen) have all of my respect. It is a completely valid reason for not wanting the 3DS version of Smash 4, imo.
What...There are exceptions to everything, I can name several others. Generally though I agree with that sentiment, and sure enough Monster Hunter has been ported to consoles too where it arguably works better.

I take it you don't have a Wii U which is why you keep trying to defend a technically inferior version as if it were equal?

Right...just graphics...keep telling yourself that, as if they somehow don't matter.

Resolution is the first of the 3DS versions issues. It's not crisp or highly visible at all.
Wireless interference.
Control issues.
Less music.

I could go on...

Also expect fewer stages.

I'm getting both versions but I'm not trapped in a 3DS-only user's fantasy world.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wow, really? Just because a video live stream sucks a game has to suck too? As I recall, some people complained about visual lag on the Live Stream Directs. I also recall seeing the recorded versions with no lag anywhere. Live Streams screwing up have nothing to do with the game unless someone in the video themself(ves) comment on the bugs or glitches in the game. It could be the system one is using, it could be the capture card screwing up, MAYBE it's the game screwing up, but assuming it's the game screwing up right off the bat is just stupid. LISTEN to what they say before you act.

Besides that fact, the players being sync, assuming you're referring to them actually PLAYING, then that's proof that the capture card IS the one screwing up. Players would be making horrible mistakes and lose synchronization if it was the game. The smart thing to do when the game itself visually lags is to wait or stop and/or pause the game. Have they done so? (I don't know, I'm not watching right now)
Sounds like someone was offended by my statement for whatever reason. I don't feel like there's any evidence it's the capture card screwing up, it's most likely the game itself, and like I said it's because it's an early version as evidenced by other glitches like Bowser being stuck in his transformation bubble after the Giga Bowser FS. You can see people having a hard time reacting too by missing attacks that would have otherwise hit. And no, pausing is disabled in the demo.

Reila

>the people who are on the event say the capture card is the reason for the lag
>there is no evidence it is the capture card screwing up

ok

R0Y

Smash Master
>the people who are on the event say the capture card is the reason for the lag
>there is no evidence it is the capture card screwing up

ok
....You really don't think a ton of streetpassing on the 2.4 Ghz wi-fi band down there could have an effect on gameplay in 4 player wi-fi matches?

You're really ignoring E3 previews from just over a month ago that said the 3DS game suffered slowdown?

You're really using 4chanspeak on a forum like this?

ok

Last edited:

Soul.

What...There are exceptions to everything, I can name several others. Generally though I agree with that sentiment, and sure enough Monster Hunter has been ported to consoles too where it arguably works better.

I take it you don't have a Wii U which is why you keep trying to defend a technically inferior version as if it were equal?

Right...just graphics...keep telling yourself that, as if they somehow don't matter.

Resolution is the first of the 3DS versions issues. It's not crisp or highly visible at all.
Wireless interference.
Control issues.
Less music.

I could go on...

Also expect fewer stages.
loleverythingworksbetterinconsoleswheesomuchbetter
Is that why you're here, lmao. Calling it Inferior every single time you go to this thread, or let's just say every thread about the 3DS version. Wait, you're going to eventually call 3DS players butthurt because they can't defend the version they're getting. I'm really sure nobody does that to Wii U players.
Does everything need to be Smash Wii U? No. Not everyone has that console, nor do they have the needs of getting one. Is it that hard to understand?
"Fewer stages"... oh, do you know the number of stages the game will have? Please tell me if you really know it.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
loleverythingworksbetterinconsoleswheesomuchbetter
Is that why you're here, lmao. Calling it Inferior every single time you go to this thread, or let's just say every thread about the 3DS version.
Does everything need to be Smash Wii U? No. Not everyone has that console, nor do they have the needs of getting one. Is it that hard to understand?
"Fewer stages"... oh, do you know the number of stages the game will have? Please tell me if you really know it.
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

This thread asks a loaded question. There's lots of reason why people would hate the 3DS version, not least of which is stretching the team and Sakurai's resources.

If they want the superior version, yes, yes they do.

If it has the same number of stages as the Wii U version that's throwing money away because of the MSRP compared to Wii U, then again, low-res assets are easier to make. Wii U is going to have more content beyond music, that's a given.

Last edited:
Top Bottom