• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Did You Main Ike?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
power + range+lack of speed = strategy to mix up...

for fun basically....

BlackTulip

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I wanted to main Ike when Gimpyfish announced him as the worst character in the game so far and he was horrible at E3. I saw that and I was like "OMG I WANNA PLAY IKE" lol.

I dunno, he looked cool plus I played Roy in Melee.

Lord Aiku

Smash Rookie
He fights for his friends and he gives no one sympathy...except his friends, of course. :p
Jokes aside, I main him because I liked him in FE: PoR and RD. I like his personality in the game and his playstyle suits me, and he is also very fun to play with.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I main Ike because,

- I liked his game.

-I anted to main him when he was confirmed.

-I feel comfortable when playing as him.

That's about it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I didn't main him, but I do have him as a secondary

Mainly because I like owning people with an underestimated character like Ike.

metroid1117

Smash Master
- Ike is probably the best lord out of all the Fire Emblem games released in the US
- Ike is one of the manliest characters in the game
*Not afraid to tell people that he fights for his friends
* Holds his two-handed sword with one hand
- Ike catches inexperienced players off-guard with his range
- Ike's USmash and FSmash are ridiculous in terms of range and power, respectively

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Fire Emblem fan and the particular FE games that Ike is from are some of my favourites. Plus he's beastly when your opponent messes up.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
There is no ground attack that cant be charged, besides standard attack, all aerials are awesome, especially the standard one, and the aethers are both awesome.

Cross.

Smash Ace
Ikes playstyle fits me very well and I feel very comfortable using him. I like characters that no one else really uses also.

FlareAlchemist

Smash Cadet
My friend wanted to main him before the game was released, but once it was, he hated how slow he was. I picked him up because I played Roy and Marth back in melee, but Marth's shortened sword in brawl messed me up. That and because I wanted to make sure he wasn't terrible. I did really bad with him for a while cus I'm used to fast characters, but I started to destroy with him and I've found a love for his play style since then. That and he fights for his friends.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I mained Roy in Melee, and I didn't like playing Marth... Although recently, I have started using Marth more because he does still feel more like Roy than Ike does... Anyway, I still like Ike a lot for his power range mostly... (The power is just a plus... XP)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What got me started was the looks, why I still play him is just because of the playstyle, it's nice, I just wish I was better with him compared to other people.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Honestly, I wanted to main Ike when Gimpyfish announced him as the worst character in the game so far and he was horrible at E3. I saw that and I was like "OMG I WANNA PLAY IKE" lol.

I dunno, he looked cool plus I played Roy in Melee.
E for All not E3 http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/info/info03.html

I choose ike because I played PoR and I also played with him the most when I went to E for All, though I sucked :p

XZA143

Smash Journeyman
After playing Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn he quickly became a favorite of mine. So once he was announced for brawl it was a wish come true. I find his play style incredibly fun and satisfying:bee: Just a cool character all around.;)

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
Ike just looks cool , kills peoples with like 20% , he has a really cool attack style , xD and dont forget that he has an effective super armor : ]

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
ughhhh why do u guys use him if u havent even played his game? only like 4 peole so far have played fire emblem

w/e FE FTW!!!!!

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
I main Ike......
He fights for his Homies!
His play style is ****ing sweet!
And my wife forces me to play him
:Headbang:<<<It's On DA!

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
I USED to main Ike. Now I use Marth a lot more but there are several reasons I picked Ike as my main character when I first started Brawl....

- I mained Roy in Melee and he was my "replacement"...
- Metor Smash is amazing...
- I feel comfortable playingas him...
- Has lots of powerful attack to mix up to create new strategies

But now he's my secondary character....

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Ike is among my mains.

Basically Im a Fire Emblem fan, played as Roy in Melee. PoR and RD fan. I like his playstyle. Fire Emblem fan.

Martini!

Smash Rookie
Because I love Fire Emblem. Ike's games included (can't wait for Marth's remake to come to the US).

But I'm more comfortable with him than the majority of characters also, so it worked out.

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
He's my secondary right now, but I'm thinking about maining him...

I like Ike a lot because of his power, range, and mix-up game.

NeroDB

Smash Cadet
Originally i was going to main Snake, but ever since Ike said he fights for his friends it just convinced me to main him. :p

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
weeeeell...I dig his playstyle. Sometimes i hate it, like when i'm getting a massive pressure game all up in my grill, and against olimar....but i like thinking more than moving. :)

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Ike was my main when Brawl first came out. I loved the Fire Emblem games alongside the fact I used Roy in Melee. I secondary him mainly because of this scenario:
Your at 110%+. Your opponents at 45% or so. They decide to rush you, but trip....

Right into a F-smash that obviously kills them.

Ike ftw

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
He's my secondary, but I liked how he played and think killing Bowser under 100% is great. I'm used to bad recoverys as I mained Link in melee.

Top Bottom