• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your profile pic that you have now?

Ununhexium

Smash Rookie
I'm just too damn lazy to change from the default especially since I can't use Bruno Mars gifs

Slimin

Smash Rookie
I chose this because i got that sick avatar signature combo.
WOMBO COMBO

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
i love Falcon pose and his beloved Blue falcon full speed in the background

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I've only played the demo for Rhythm Thief, but I love it really hard. I've beaten the levels in it several times, and got A ranks more than once on all of them.
I think I should just buy the game.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I recently replayed Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Jano, the Guardian of the Cave of Bad Dreams, was always one of my favorite characters.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Tails' special stage sprites for Sonic CD iOS look absolutely amazing to me; the reason why it's purple is because I'm pranked and I figured I might as well have my avatar match my current status.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I've been reading and watching Shokugeki no Souma, aka Food Wars, and Megumi Tadokoro is one of my favourite female characters in the series. Normally she's a very timid character but this variation is based on another character's dream where she's the exact opposite, like a badass delinquent.

JBX9001

Smash Rookie
NNID
JBX9001
Welp, my favorite character is Mario, but I felt it wouldn't be unique if I just took the easy route and plopped in an official drawing or someone else's artwork. I take great pride in my artistic talents, so I draw my own avatar on every forum I'm in to stand out better and I include Mario in some way because again, he's my favorite character!

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Sonic the Hedgehog is definitely one of my favourite video game characters, so I wanted to have a picture with him. I've spent a lot of time reading the Archie comics and noticing the wide range of facial expressions he has, he's quite expressive.

So, I was just looking back through the comics that I owned on Comixology and screencapped an expression of his that more or less accurately represents my current mood.

Out of context, his face looks like someone taking things one step at a time, casually giving applause to all the little miracles that happen everyday.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Sonic the Hedgehog is definitely one of my favourite video game characters, so I wanted to have a picture with him. I've spent a lot of time reading the Archie comics and noticing the wide range of facial expressions he has, he's quite expressive.

So, I was just looking back through the comics that I owned on Comixology and screencapped an expression of his that more or less accurately represents my current mood.

Out of context, his face looks like someone taking things one step at a time, casually giving applause to all the little miracles that happen everyday.
To me it looks like the definition of smarminess. Like he practiced every day for the last twenty years how to give the most sarcastic applause possible. It's the sort of thing that you want to punch somebody for, yet they put so much effort into being this much a douche that you just can't bring yourself to do it.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
To me it looks like the definition of smarminess. Like he practiced every day for the last twenty years how to give the most sarcastic applause possible. It's the sort of thing that you want to punch somebody for, yet they put so much effort into being this much a douche that you just can't bring yourself to do it.
That works too.

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
I chose this because it is super cute that it makes me want to hug everything and makes me happy.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I chose this 16-bit MM7-sprited-styled Orange Yoshi with a Mega Buster to be my avatar to compliment my signature full of MegaYoshi's various poses (only the NES Punch Out stance is normally unviewable in-game. You'll need Fighter Factory Ultimate or 3 to view it in full.) & colors (which are actually selectable in Mugen, so long as you hold the start button before pressing 1 of the 6 attack buttons. Proto Yoshi's outfit is simply accessed by pressing Medium Kick. The Orange Yoshi in my avy... I'll get to that later). I wanted to find a series of small sprites from within MegaYoshi's sprite sheets (which I used Fighter Factory 3 for both investigating and extracting all the sprites seen in both the avatar and the signature) to fit snugly in the avatar space, and lo & behold, the mini 16-bit MM7 styled sprites were within it. I could've picked any other part of that series of sprites, but considering that none of the MegaYoshies in my signature are showing off the Mega Buster, it would make sense for the avatar to do it, so that I could pretend that I'm firing off either a Lemon, a partial or full Charge Shot, or even a Master Weapon, depending on how big and detailed of a post I've made. XD

As I've once noted back in The Official Conquest Thread at the Online section of the Sm4sh 3DS/Wii U boards:
The orange Yoshi in my avatar isn't actually normally selectable. I got that orange color from Mike's second version of Yoshi. That particular firing stance is from the most recent version of MegaYoshi (as of the making of this post) released back at the end of January. It's from one of his new intros where he starts off that small, firing lemons (with the classic MM7 sounds :D) that don't actually hit the opponent for some reason, until he spontaenously enlargens himself Mushroom-style to the size you see in my signature.
This is Mike's second version of Yoshi, btw: http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Yoshi/Mike's_second_version
If MegaYoshi had an entry for himself at the Mugen Wikia, I'd be linking to it right now (and in my sig, for that matter), but alas, he does not. At least he's downloadable at HM Hibki's YouTube channel for free. Just look for Update #3 and you'll find him. You will need to make a free 4Shared account to access him, though.

Orange is one of my absolute favorite colors, alongside Cerise, Spring Green, and various shades of blue, and possibly others, so if I can somehow rep an orange anything or anyone, I will. Even if it takes importing color schemes from someone else's Mugen Yoshi to do so for my avatar.

Is my current avy accurate to MM7? Yes, with sounds directly from MM7 being there in that intro as well. :) Does it look cool and well-made? I certainly think so, considering how easily I can imagine the rest of his movements in that sprite style. Is it making me wish for a Classic MM styled game that featured MegaYoshi as a playable character? Absolutely! If he had a bunch of his abilities from Mugen in that Classic MM-styled game, and he looked the way he does in my avatar or signature.... :happysheep:

For now, I'll be sticking with MegaYoshi in Mugen, who I can aggressively rush folks down with while being able to Paradigm Shift into a defensive style whenever necessary. :3

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I just like the 12th Doctor and how he presented himself in his very first episode, after the whole big conflict with the villain of the episode. Him just staring into the screen was awesome.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Normally, I use Woody avatars but I've branching out to show my varied interest and I used Navarre from FE1. He's easily my favorite unit in the game and I like his design.

mcpon

Smash Journeyman
It's a picture of me. I should probably change it because it makes me look conceited.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Captain Falcon will always be awesome. That's why he is now my avatar.

haty

Smash Rookie

I felt like having a cute and silly avatar of Zero from Drakengard 3 who I've heavily been associated with for quite some time now. I love her and her design.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Chose this because i became a big Jojo's fan over the summer. after watching Stardust Crusaders,i just had to read the manga.and thus,Diamond is Unbreakable became my favorite part,next to Steel Ball Run. luckily i found this sick picture of Josuke and Crazy Diamond,so i decided to use it.

also,DORARARARARARAAAAAAAAAA

leefe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3093-7077-5080
a found a wind waker gcn vs hd comparison picture and cropped it

Top Bottom