• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, it's no big deal even if we mentioned it on the podcast, as long as this is the only one. The point that we wanted to avoid was having several people make duplicate threads, basically. Plus, this gives some more info in addition the SSE rumor we mentioned a week ago.

...But yeah, if someone can confirm this with the Famitsu article, it'd be appreciated.

ruel

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's no big deal even if we mentioned it on the podcast, as long as this is the only one. The point that we wanted to avoid was having several people make duplicate threads, basically. Plus, this gives some more info in addition the SSE rumor we mentioned a week ago.

...But yeah, if someone can confirm this with the Famitsu article, it'd be appreciated.
What was the SSE rumor? I never heard it.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
As for those saying Issac is third party... where have you been? Camelot never ended their contract with Nintendo, and are still Second Party. A simmilar situation happened with Silicon Knights while they were a second party, but had a game published by Konami.
Camelot is 3rd party, but Nintendo owns the rights to Golden Sun. So it is a Nintendo IP developed by a third party.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
What was the SSE rumor? I never heard it.

In episode 21 of Show Me Your News, SamuraiPanda referenced a translated article that hinted that the Subspace Emissary would be roughly around 10 hours long.

Whoops, I realized I put SSE, instead of SE. Sorry if that was confusing.

ruel

Smash Cadet
In episode 21 of Show Me Your News, SamuraiPanda referenced a translated article that hinted that the Subspace Emissary would be roughly around 10 hours long.

Whoops, I realized I put SSE, instead of SE. Sorry if that was confusing.
Cool! So these two rumors agree with each other...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I honestly don't care how long subspace is. I just want a lot of cool new characters and stages. If they delayed it to add more, I am happy they delayed it. I was afraid the only reason they delayed it was to balance existing things. I am glad that is most likely not true if this rumor is true.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
I agree with Super Smash Master, all I really care about are a lot of characters. and a lot of stages. Even if 10 of them are clones. I don't care. More third party characters is awesome too! I don't care much about the SE either... so, I'm happy we're getting " a lot " of characters. :)

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Does this mean we won't be getting on feb 10th so they can add more stuff, or does this mean they already added more stuff due to the first delay, and we will be getting on feb 10th.

im sick of delays.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I don't think we'll get clones. I think we will just get more of the WTF characters that aren't as likely. We will get more characters such as Sukapon and Takamaru probably. I dunno who else they will add as 3rd party. It would be cool if they got one character to represent every third party.

Sega: Sonic
Capcom: Megaman
Konami: Snake
Square: Sora/Black Mage/Chrono/Someone from old FF titles (Don't say Geno, he doesn't count)
Namco: Klonoa/Pacman/Lloyd/Someone from Soul Calibur
Hudson: Bomberman/Bonk (Hopefully Bonk)

Frogla

Smash Ace
Well if there will be more 3rd parties expect at least 1 update on a new 3rd party december and januarary.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I don't think we'll get clones. I think we will just get more of the WTF characters that aren't as likely. We will get more characters such as Sukapon and Takamaru probably. I dunno who else they will add as 3rd party. It would be cool if they got one character to represent every third party.

Square: Sora/Black Mage/Chrono/Someone from old FF titles (Don't say Geno, he doesn't count)
ray 01 is better as an AT.

mitsarugi for brawl

M.K

Level 55
I don't see why people are saying ANYTHING about another delay. Why are you making that assupmtion?

Rakath

Smash Ace
I can believe the more third party thing, as there are a few Third parties I can see wanting in and agreeing to be in on this:

Square Enix: Due to Itadaki Street DS, Square is an easy in on this. A Dragon Quest or an older Final Fantasy works, Crono or Lucca also would make a good in.
Capcom: Capcom works with anyone, seriously, they love crossovers. Rock Man is an easy in.
Bandai-Namco: Soul Calibur 2 had Link, so someone out of Soul Calibur would be interesting. Klona would be fun too.
Hudson: Bomberman makes our second Man name to be a good fit, but I'm not sure how much Hudson is a fan of crossovers.
Ubisoft: Ubisoft is pretty friendly, but isn't Japan based (which hurts it slightly). Rayman could get in but I don't see it as likely as the BN, Cap, and Squeenix.

More third parties I don't think will hurt if they are all varied as to where they come from. So long as we don't get 4 playable Sonic characters, 3-4 playable MGS characters and such, I'd be happy with everyone getting something. ^_^

Cless

Smash Champion

Megaman would just be Megaman, not X or Volnutt or Battle Network.

Square would be Geno. Nintendo doesn't claim ownership to him. It says so in the Geno thread. Or if Nintendo is wrong about their ownership (you know cuz that's possible), then maybe Cecil from the upcoming FF4 remake on the DS.

Lloyd is in a Soul Calibur game.
<.<
>.>
Lloyd for Brawl! (Though I'd rather have Cless. His moves are much cooler.)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
If there is another delay I think I will die of hype. I hope this is true becuse more characters= total pawnage.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
-If the SE is 1o hours long, and by that they mean on 1 playthrough, imagine what it will be like if you have to play through many different branches of the story

-Im ok with a total of about four 3rd Party characters, as long as Megaman is one

-As for more characters in general, I just don't want any clones, and I wwant the characters to stay prety well balanced, No Foxes or Falcos or Sheiks this time around

P.S. GO SUBSPACE EMISSARY!!!

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I don't believe SSE can be 10 hours long. It seems so unlikely. I don't think any game 1 player mode is 10 hours long. RPG's are only longer because you have to constantly level up/side-quests/ and enemies stop you every 10 seconds so you get into a 5 minute battles.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe SSE can be 10 hours long. It seems so unlikely. I don't think any game 1 player mode is 10 hours long. RPG's are only longer because you have to constantly level up/side-quests/ and enemies stop you every 10 seconds so you get into a 5 minute battles.
Last I checked, Super Mario 64 was not an RPG...

Foe

Smash Journeyman
SBB/Melee 1-P?

:laugh:

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Why is 10 hours unbelieveable. They said they want a fleshed out single player. 10 hours is a little short for a normal game.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, but is the SSE going to make you collect 120 stars, or 120 of anything for that matter? I hope not.

I think 10 hours is a little unbelievable because this is a fighting game. I don't want to spend 10 hours out of versus on one thing unless it will unlock the majority of the characters.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Why is 10 hours unbelieveable. They said they want a fleshed out single player. 10 hours is a little short for a normal game.
You tell me what games takes 10 hours to beat, going through without stopping once, the entire game. I haven't played a single game that took Ten hours to beat in one playthrough. RPG's yes, but those are RPGs. Most action-adventure/fighter were all around 3-5 hours. But 10..? I'm assuming it takes 10 hours to do all side-quests, characters, unlockables and what not. But for the whole game 1 time to be 10 hours total is alot.

Who uhh, said it was? Super Mario 64 didn't take 10 hours to beat neither, unless you wanted to collect all 120 stars, which is considered a side-quest..O.o?

Cless

Smash Champion
You tell me what games takes 10 hours to beat, going through without stopping once, the entire game. I haven't played a single game that took Ten hours to beat in one playthrough. RPG's yes, but those are RPGs. Most action-adventure/fighter were all around 3-5 hours. But 10..? I'm assuming it takes 10 hours to do all side-quests, characters, unlockables and what not. But for the whole game 1 time to be 10 hours total is alot.
First time through, or subsequent playthroughs? Some games it's hard to tell when you're on a sidequest. GTA games take a while to beat though.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Theres always a first for evrything Tobi...
there is. and since it's a first, there's nothing wrong with thinking it's unlikely to happen first.

but who knows. If I play through all the stages non-stop and it takes me 10 hours..I will be impressed. Heck, I WANT 10 hours. The more the better. Unless it's full of a bunch of annoying puzzles. :(

First time through, or subsequent playthroughs? Some games it's hard to tell when you're on a sidequest. GTA games take a while to beat though.
Well GTA was full of mini quests, side quest, major quests, and what not. I don't think I ever did the main story-line because I was having so much fun going on random rampages.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
You tell me what games takes 10 hours to beat, going through without stopping once, the entire game.
If you're rushing through the game, though, that's not really the same thing.

In any case, games like Metroid Prime, Twilight Princess, and Shadow of the Colossus all took me over ten hours to beat the first time through (especially Twilight Princess).

Who uhh, said it was? Super Mario 64 didn't take 10 hours to beat neither, unless you wanted to collect all 120 stars, which is considered a side-quest..O.o?
When it first came out, it took me well over ten hours just to get to the final battle in SM64.

Weed

Smash Lord
I hope it doesn't take 10 hours to beat it with EACH character.. that would make unlocking a pain. Oh well
"more characters than we can imagine" seems to be a good thing

Tobi-

Smash Ace
When it first came out, it took me well over ten hours just to get to the final battle in SM64.
Eh that must of been you. I beat Super Mario 64 in around 4-5 hours. and I wasn't rushing either. I played maybe 3 hours 1 day, and 2 hours the next. Complete.

Once I got the hang of playing the game became pretty darn easy and I got through it fast. The only reason it even took me 5 hours was because you needed around 60 stars to even fight bowser, which meant I basically had to go hunting for more.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman

There's a difference between actually playing the FULL game and rushing through the game just so you can finish it and say you've beaten it in 2 or 3 hours.

Regardless, when they say "10 hours" they probably mean 10 hours to complete EVERYTHING in the game, not 10 hours to rush through it without taking any side quests or going for any unlockables. If you follow a linear path in a game without exploring then of course you'll be able to get through it in no time at all.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
10 hours is indeed hard to believe. But it is possible. It's side scrolling. And you go to almost every stage, map etc.

But yeah what does it mean 10 hours. Is is every character? Or just one?

Time will tell. Maybe we here tommorow, we didn't heard much about the SE x3

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay I just read about the Famitsu "rumor". First off, the person who is talking about it says that it is coming from Sakurai's own written word, so it would not be a rumor. Second, I have visited a lot of Japanese forums and sites and I have yet to see anyone else mention this (why would an English-spoeaking forum get this info before a Japanese-speaking one). Third, the ten hour Subspace Emissary part is definitely a rumor that is floating around on Japanese forums. I hope that helps. To me this rumor seems as though it is another thing that someone made up on the spot, especially considering the source (NSider2).

Also, did SamuraiPanda mention that 10-hour SSE rumor without creditting me for finding it?

Top Bottom