• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are items on when I SPECIFICALLY TURN THEM OFF.

maelstrom99

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why this has been happening to me lately. I host a match, I change the rule settings, 3-stock, I check the items and I see that they are in the "none" position. I start to play on wifi and all of a sudden: BOOOMMM! ITEMS ARE ON! I don't get why this is happening, I SPECIFICALLY TURN THEM OFF and they come on. Can someone explain this? Btw, items are coming on in the first match I play when I start.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I think if your opponent has them on then it will be on.

At least in my experience I think it chooses rules/setting by either loser/winner or it just alternates.

When you play a match you'll see a notice (with a little bell) in the upper right corner that will sometimes tell you "change rules".

Its really lame. I think Host should always choose EVERY option of the game. Many times have I played people where I had in my comments sections "1vs1 stock no items" only to have them have items turned on very high. Its very annoying.

Anway thats what I think may be happening. I could be wrong though.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I think Host should always choose EVERY option of the game.
How would you even know if you are host though? Once you start up Brawl Anyone, you're always going to be placed in the 1st player slot. Well, that's what is seems to me.

pirkid

Smash Lord
In With Anyone, you don't get to choose the item set. The system randomly selects one person's item list.

In With Friends, that shouldn't happen, unless the non-host turns on items and the system for some reason thinks items should be on.

Top Bottom