• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are final smashes so hard to dodge?

Baddest bih

Smash Cadet
Does anyone feel like final smashes are impossible to dodge and in order to avoid it you have to preemptively side step or roll since the game slows down making it impossible to react to. I feel like final smashes could had been used competitively if they didn’t add the slow down effect.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
depends on the character.. i think i let a Cloud die twice yesterday cause instead i jumped up and he SD'ed himself trying to use his FS on me xD

But Zelda's FS for example is just almost impossible to avoid same goes for some other characters.

VENUS

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-0668-8162-9311
I feel like with the added Final Smash meter, final smashes in general were given an overall buff in the "easiness" of landing them, making each final smash a high chance of hitting and turning the favor completely over to the other opponent. However, I do think it is a little ridiculous. Some final smashes have a guaranteed combo, like Dark Pit (I believe, don't quote me on that haha). He can back throw into his Final Smash in all percents, I believe. Some Final Smashes do have crappy hit boxes, such as Sonic and Rosalina (in my opinion, while some are completely broken and unavoidable, such as Peach's final smash. Alpharad made a video in which he ranked all of the final smashes, and went through potential combos that can easily land into the character's final smashes, I suggest watching it to see how truly broken some final smashes are. :)

VENUS

Top Bottom