• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why 9 minutes to get Crazy Hand battle instead of the previous 18?

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Why 9 minutes or less to get Crazy Hand battle instead of the previous 18?

It's almost impossible sometimes unless you lucky.

If you end up having to fight 2-3 Giant battles, you're pretty much screwed.

And if you end up fighting Giant Ness or Lucas on New Pork City, your definitely screwed because they always jump everywhere and they move so fast while you move so slow in New Pork City.

Why did they make it so it's almost impossible to fight Crazy Hand + Master Hand on classic now?

Also they should have a mode where you can fight Crazy Hand and Master Hand any time, 1-2 players. That'd be fun, instead of having to beat Classic mode under 9 minutes to fight them both(which, like I said earlier, is really luck based)

Actually they should have a different game mode from Boss Battle mode where you can simply just pick any Boss you want to fight. It'd be mainly a mode that you can play for fun.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You don't earn anything special for beating Crazy Hand in Classic Mode anyway. Crazy Hand is mainly an additional challenge for those that actually survived the 11 stages without continuing.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
You don't earn anything special for beating Crazy Hand in Classic Mode anyway. Crazy Hand is mainly an additional challenge for those that actually survived the 11 stages without continuing.
Yeah I know but I want to fight Master Hand + Crazy Hand for fun.

Though now in Brawl, problem isn't "staying alive", problem is getting to the final stage in less than 9 minutes.

That's really hard and it mainly depends on luck(mainly how many giant battles you have to fight), I don't get why they shortened the time from 18 minutes to 9 minutes.

bananaman

Smash Rookie
my guess to why they changed the time is that it's just a lot easier. and the *******s took out race to the finish : (

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
All the more reason to make it less difficult; why is there an incentive to make it hard if you get nothing out of it other than getting to fight Crazy Hand?

Also, unless they changed it from Melee (haven't tested it in Brawl yet) then you can continue and still face him. The problem is, can you continue and still have enough time leftover to get to the end when it's hard enough as it is?

As a matter of fact, Sakurai himself said this;

"They appear when:

You arrive at the final stage and the difficulty level is set to Hard or above.
You arrive at the final stage in 9 minutes or less."

Those are the only two requirements he gives.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I do find it a little strange. The way classic mode is laid out now, it takes longer to get through it (something that made clearing it with every character all that more painful), yet to get Crazy Hand, you've got to clear it even faster on a higher difficulty level.

Meh. I say Melee's classic mode is still the best of the three Smash Bros. games. :/

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Honestly, I do find it a little strange. The way classic mode is laid out now, it takes longer to get through it (something that made clearing it with every character all that more painful), yet to get Crazy Hand, you've got to clear it even faster on a higher difficulty level.

Meh. I say Melee's classic mode is still the best of the three Smash Bros. games. :/
Agreed, Melee's was completely random, it wasn't stupidly random, (I mean c'mon, who wants to fight 2 teams/large characters/metal characters?) it didn't have two Target Tests, and it had Race to the Finish, which was always fun to do because it took a lot of skill to actually pull off. Brawl's is just...long and boring. Plus it's hard to get Crazy Hand, making it even worse.

NukeA6

Smash Master
What's worse is that if you lose to Crazy Hand, you will have to do the process all over again. It's annoying since Master Hand + Crazy Hand are tougher now when together and I'm usually down to one stock. They should appear on Very Hard and Intense without doing any work. Leave the 9 minute BS for the lower difficulties.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
^ ^ ^
That's what I thought it was when I read the post on the Dojo. Get to the end in 9 minutes or less in any mode or fight them in difficulties hard and above. Maybe they programmed it with a conjunction instead of a disjunction... It's pretty lame how it is now. I've never gotten to fight both of them at once.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, 18 was unnecessarily long. However, with the longer classic mode, including New Pork City and oftentimes multiple giant fights, 9 is definitely too short.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
In my opinion, 18 was unnecessarily long. However, with the longer classic mode, including New Pork City and oftentimes multiple giant fights, 9 is definitely too short.
Yeah, they should've chosen a middle ground; maybe 13 or 14 minutes for both.

Zplatter

Smash Rookie
This is just really weird, it is 9 minutes in game time right? I actually got to master hand in 9 minutes real time and I didn't meet them without dieing on very hard:S

Zeik188

Smash Cadet
Ike+Classic=Win

Wasnt nearely as hard as people made it sound, got him on my first try. I just wasnt expecting him to show up RIGHT away. I then managed it with Fox after. Skipping the target tests is a good way to save time.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ike+Classic=Win

Wasnt nearely as hard as people made it sound, got him on my first try. I just wasnt expecting him to show up RIGHT away. I then managed it with Fox after. Skipping the target tests is a good way to save time.
It is rather difficult. It's not impossible, mind you, it can be easily accomplished, but doing it without trying is a harder now.

But yeah, I always skip Target Tests. I just SD immediately, I really don't need to play through the same 5 stages over and over again...in Melee, at least there were different ones so you wouldn't get bored doing it repeatedly. Eventually you did, but it took more than 5 times.

S2

Smash Lord
Has anyone encountered Crazy hand on intense?

I really wanted to, but I never could (I've beaten Intense with everyone now on Classic). Oh well, sometimes you get something like Team Ness/Lucas and your basically screwed for a crazy hand run.

Who do you think is the best character? Ike?

petycash

Smash Rookie
I haven't tried to do it, but the last time I did the classic, it was on very hard and I got to him. It's not too bad at all.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Oddly enough, the first time i tried to get to fight crazy hand, i fought him...

I thought it was pretty easy...

Redragon

Top Bottom