• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose better: BringerOFDeath, Fumi, Gabe, or Svampen

Status
Not open for further replies.

park5150

Smash Ace
I am just wondering what you guys think. I thought svampen was the best yoshi [other than me lol] now i think it is fumi.

D1

Banned via Administration
Ken said it himself that Fumi's best Yoshi so I'll take his word for it. I do have favorite Yoshi's (besides Fumi) as well but I don't want ppl gettin the impression that I'm partial.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh please, has Ken vsed all of them? If not, ignore what he has to say. That's like saying
"Chocolate is the best icecream flavor!"

"Have you had any other flavor?"

"......No....."

While normally I'd go on my ususal tirade about things being imposible to proove who's better, yadda yadda yadda, I can't use that because it's obvious. Bringer is simply better than all of them, hands down. :p

technomancer

Smash Champion
Fumi is too good, those japanese guys are crazy. I like Bringer too, but Svampen gets the title for Europe.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
I personal think fumi! The skill is so precise and with yoshi i find it flipping hard to always be so consistant! The others really impress me too but i personally think fumi takes the biscuit!

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I think Svampen is the best. I love how he is so fast, and yet he still has a defensive play style. I like all of them though. Fumi's tech skill is incredible, just wow. Bringer is an extremely smart player; his decisions seem to be perfect. Gabe seems to be really precise; he doesn't seem to miss much to me.

Afghan Whigs

Smash Cadet
There needs to be some tourney that they all can meet at and then fight it out to see who is the best Yoshi. I've only seen videos of Fumi and Gabe so I can't say anything on the others. Though I'd love to see some Bringer matches.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol Mic. You're just as unbiased as Ken is.

Except that Ken has vsed Tacoom and Gabe and Fumi and said Fumi is best.

I'd say Fumi is the best, because:
1. He's japanese, and japanese players are too good.
2. Svampen is around my level of Yoshi, and I've always been behind Fumi, leaving me to think that Fumi is the best.

Gabe is a bit of an outlier, as I don't know much about his style of play anymore. He's got props for one of the best Yoshi's around though ^_^

park5150

Smash Ace
All right. I have just seen videos of all the yoshis in this thread.

#1 Fumi, he is so crazy. after studying him for 7 minutes I realize how good he is. TOO GOOD.

#2 Svampen, he looks fast, but then again its hard to tell in a video. So I need to play him.

#3 Bringer, This is the one that I hella wanna play. I think he's pretty good. I don't know who's better:
Svampen or bringer. sorry bringer

#4 Gabe, i don't like his style. Nothing personal. bringer and svampen are better anyways.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
XD I said myself that me and Svampen are around the same level. Why apologise? =D

Plus, 3rd best in the world is pretty **** good.

... I wonder how good Masashi's Yoshi is now.

... I also wonder if he's still playing smash x_x

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have to agree with the one list that the one other guy made. Fumi, Svampen, Bringer, Gabe. Each the best Yoshi in their own continent w00t. Fumi is the master of technical skill and just being crazy even if it means extreme risks. IMO he doesn't look like the smartest player in the world, but he's got some amazing tech stuff to back up for that. Reasons for Fumi not being bright - 1 In some of his vids he definitely doesn't' think about his usage of DJCing as well as someone as svampen or bringer and procedes to get pummeled and 2 who friggen plays Yoshi? (no offense to him that makes all of us stupid too : D)

Svampen is a beast, he's quite fast and anyone who has the balls to face up to EK's Marth and Fox with Yoshi and not get completely destroyed deserves some respect. The guy is facing Europes best with Yoshi and doing a good job of it while throwing in some things I've never seen, as well as being just as quick. Svampen is my Yoshi idol with his style of aggressive, yet defensive style. His speed and tech skill are good and his Yoshi is just amazing.

Bringer from what I've seen is the, defensive Yoshi. It doesn't look like he uses much of the extreme speed and insane DJC's like Fumi, but he knows how to survive and he'll prolly mindgame you to death. We all know Bringer is the best though, he's Bringer. I want Bringer to come to OC2 and just completely destroy everyone with his insane Yoshi talent. Bringer for best smasher in the world when he's not holding back his true powers of smash.

Gabes not fancy, but he's got the same kinda stuff as bringer. He's defensive, mind-game oriented, and good... very good. Best Yoshi in USA IMO.

Best Yoshi is me, of course, with my shield-grabbed n-airs and my involuntary rolls after I L-cancel. Yea, try beating that you guys... just try beating that. I bet none of you have even accomplished wallteching with Yoshi about 5 times total and falling to your death each and every one of those times!! That's right fellas... bow down to the Yoshi king... :cry:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
fumi>gabe>svampen/bringer

ppl keep telling me fumi and gabe are the best. some say gabe> fumi
oh, and these ppl arent random noob friends of mine...more like pro players such as Mew2king and Ken

idk if that means anything

Jafs

Smash Rookie
Fumi = God

bringer, svampen, gabe. in that order IMO

Then me....somewhere at the bottom....2,451,958th in the world isn't bad, right?

King Kong

Smash Lord
Fumi is most likely the best.

As somebody who has recently played Bringer I would say that Bringer has a good shot at being the best. I noticed a massive improvment in Bringers consistancy and in his combos since last year, when he was supposed to be the second best Yoshi. His came has changed to include more Fumi-esque DJC'd aerial combos etc.

Gabes Yoshi is very different to the others. He dosnt combo anywhere near as much as Euro or Aus or Japanese Yoshis nor is he as fast. But, there is power in simplicity.

And i can be happy with being the second best Yoshi in Australia - that puts me in contention for world top 10 Yoshi's! :) ......... wait till december bringer (shakes fist)

peace out

park5150

Smash Ace
I was reading in the Pc chris vs bombsoldier thread that fumi is too good and monocloud[???] ken's brother played him and questioned himself why yoshi isn't a high tier. Fumi can beat people by only using eggs.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was reading in the Pc chris vs bombsoldier thread that fumi is too good and monocloud[???] ken's brother played him and questioned himself why yoshi isn't a high tier. Fumi can beat people by only using eggs.
You should check your source of info. Manacloud has never been to Japan (afaik). Ken, however, has been to Japan. He lost to Fumi in the crew matches, Yoshi vs Marth.

As for beating people with only eggs... yeah, if they're stupid enough to fall for edge egg spam then they deserve to be beaten by that.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
In the BS vs PC topic(I don't know why I read it)
manacloud said he and ken wen there about a month ago to recruit people for OC2(maybe that wasn't the original reason, but they did do that)
In the topic mana said that Fumi could ECE perfectly so that he was invincible 24/7

Lixivium

Smash Champion
You should check your source of info. Manacloud has never been to Japan (afaik). Ken, however, has been to Japan. He lost to Fumi in the crew matches, Yoshi vs Marth.

As for beating people with only eggs... yeah, if they're stupid enough to fall for edge egg spam then they deserve to be beaten by that.
Manacloud has been to Japan. He went with Ken (and Isai + Chu I believe) to recruit Japanese players for OC2.

Fumi is the best Yoshi. I don't think this is even debatable. Manacloud tends to exaggerate a bit, but I can see how the Japanese players can be awe-inspiring if you're watching it in person.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Dam straight Bloshi! Shoot, i got some hardcore training to do! I guess your at that same Super Dino-Saiyan level too Bringer! Dang!

park5150

Smash Ace
Man, I can't do the reverse edge-canceled eggs that well. Hey bringer, how is yoshi different in PAL than in NTSC? I know that there is a weight difference.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Park you little devil you. You're that guy I played at Gaming Edge aren't you?

Your yoshi is mad spazzy lol. Because of you and about 36 hours of not sleeping I started to play yoshi and loved him.

#1 reason why fumi is the best is because of his ability to read his opponents. You'll notice he does a lot of moves that are situational ALL THE TIME. Aka he reads people very well and has the ability to abuse yoshi's awesomness per mistake per player. couple this ability to read people and fumi's technical skill which is prolly on the same level as all of the smashers mentioned, and you have one deadly *** yoshi.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fumi beat Ken with anti-marth tricks when Ken had no anti-Yoshi ones.

Ken is generally better than Fumi, plus Fumi mains a character with solid counters where Ken doesn't.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
excellent yoshi thread:)

I'm going to have to say Fumi is the bast for the following reasons
1.Ken thought fumi was the best yoshi
2.Fumi is japanese(Japanese are too good;) )
3.basically a beast
4.most insane tech skill with yoshi I've ever seen
5.almost beat zeruo's captain falcon
6.insane mindgames
those are some of the reasons why I think fumi is the best yoshi:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom