• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Tyler? 7! 11/09/13

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
This event was so fun~
Few things to note:
The venue fee(previously upped to $7) was lowered back to $5 for THIS EVENT ONLY, because the library gave all of the tables away on accident. we had 4 tables and they felt bad and didn't charge me, so I lowered it back but still charged venue.
And we got MAD paid for Who's Tyler? X! $127 total for the Tyler fund from today alone! IDK what happened, all the pay-outs were correct. So. Some how that was the final number and I ain't complainin.
Also note that Jnig beat denti 3-0 in the first set of GF's and then lost 3-2. crazy set!

ok results time:

Brawl Singles(25 entrants):
1: CT Denti ($75.00) :olimar:
2: Jnig ($37.50) :warioc:
3: Neon ($12.50) :dk2:
4: Labernash :warioc:
5: YellowRello :yoshi2:
5: Luck :diddy:
7: Hylen :toonlink:
7: icecream :metaknight:
9: Psychoace :metaknight:
9: Minifox :olimar: :pikachu2:
9: Dizzy :marth:
9: Infinity (used random)
13: Iggy
13: LKG :zerosuitsamus:
13: Rave :ike: :lucario:
13: Isaac :marth:
17: Special K :marth:
17: Lun4 :toonlink:
17: Saix :wolf:
17: Lvl 9 :ike:
17: Heavy :dedede: :rob:
17: Rhazzamel :sheik:
17: Cameron :snake:
17: LazySkull :kirby2:
25: Tawko :snake:

Brawl Doubles(10 teams)
1: CT Denti and Infinity (CT Denti and Infinity) ($60.00) :olimar: and :metaknight: :warioc:
2: Jnig and AeroLink (Jnig and AeroLink) ($30.00) :warioc: and :metaknight: :olimar:
3: Neon and YellowRello (Neon and Rel) ($10.00) :dk2: and :yoshi2: :metaknight:
4: Labernash and Minifox (Lab and Mini) :warioc: and :olimar:
5: Psychoace and Rave (Psy rave) :metaknight: and :lucario: :ike:
5: Luck and LKG (Luck and LKG) :diddykong: and :zerosuitsamus:
7: Cameron and Isaac (Cameron and Isaac) :snake: and :marth:
7: Heavy and LazySkull (Heavy and LazySkull) :dedede: and :kirby2:
9: Icecream and Tawko (Icecream and Tawko) :metaknight: and :snake:
9: Lvl 9 and Reese (Lvl 9 and Reese) :ike: and :metaknight:

P:M Singles(18 entrants):
1: McBad ($54.00) :ness2:
2: CT Denti ($27.00) :ivysaur:
3: Infinity ($9.00) :metaknight:
4: Light
5: Bwett
5: Oracle
7: Blink
7: Dizzy
9: LKG
9: Bombitty
9: Psychoace
9: Labernash
13: LazySkull
13: Rave
13: Lvl 9
13: YellowRello
17: Isaac
17: Lun4

P:M Doubles(7 teams):
1: CT Denti and Mcbad (CT Denti and McBad) ($42.00) :ivysaur: and :ness2:
2: Infinity and Light (Infinity and Light) ($21.00)
3: Oracle and Blink (Oracle and Xeven) ($7.00)
4: Lvl 9 and Dizzy (Lvl 9 and Dizzy)
5: LKG and Rel (LKG and Rel)
5: Bwett and Lvl 9 *CPU* (Bwett and CPU)
7: Rave and Lun4 (Rave and Lun4)

Brawl Low Tier Singles(13 entrants):
1: AeroLink ($27.30) :link2:
2: CT Denti ($11.70) :mario2: :jigglypuff:
3: Luck :mario2:
4: Neon :link2: :mario2: :bowser2:
5: Rave :zelda:
5: icecream :jigglypuff:
7: Labernash :mario2: :bowser2:
7: Dizzy :falcon:
9: Saix :zelda:
9: Psychoace :falcon:
9: Lvl 9 :link2:
9: Lun4 :samus2:
13: Special K :mario2:

Pokemon X/Y(6 entrants)
this bracket wasn't finished cuz of the computer crash. Someone help me out here~ I think mini and dizzy split or something.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Whoever got third in Low Tier got shafted by nearly $4. Never ever misappropriate funds to that extent, especially if it is enough to allow them to earn their money back.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I think in all honesty, mini would have won. She had a good set up and great items. But yeah, mini, dizzy, me, I think lvl9 or lun4, then Reese. Shoutoutss later.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Brawl Singles(25 entrants):
1: CT Denti ($75.00) - fun random dubs earlier. It was great playing as your teammate in them. Teach me your doubles way!
2: Jnig ($37.50) never played you, but it was fun talking with ya. If you need housing for future events, please feel free to hit me up.
3: Neon ($12.50) - that was some fun low tiers man. I wanted go play some more.
4: Labernash - I'm getting there. WT?X. I will be top.
5: YellowRello - didn't play you this time but it would have been fun
5: Luck- fun dubs set. I could have won.
7: Hylen - didn't play you. But i think you beat psychoace in singles.
7: icecream - I'm gunning for you. Zelda still da bess.
9: Psychoace - quit auto piloting. Let's practice dubs more.
9: Minifox - fun pokemon set. Once I get all the items i need, you'll be in for some trouble.
9: Dizzy - sorry about that low tiers KO. Lol. GreAt pokemon set too.
9: Infinity - didn't play you, but it was cool talking with you.
13: Iggy- dont think I played you either.
13: LKG - fun dubs set. It helped me unrust a bit.
13: Rave - keep at it. And screw project m. Its not your game.
13: Isaac - so.... much.... HYPE. You definitely were the most fun to play with this weekend. We pulled in a crowd in our set and had some wicked games. Cant wait to play you again
17: Special K-get on my level.
17: Lun4 - I'm bad at PM. I won't play it again. Lol. You will learn the art of pokemon soon enough my pupil.
17: Saix - gold ya I'm Tyler's best Zelda.
17: Lvl 9 - I wanted to play your real pokemon team. Buy time ya know?
17: Heavy - don't think I played you.
17: Rhazzamel - fun games as always man. I'll see ya next time.
17: Cameron - didn't play you.
17: LazySkull - fun random and I think i played you in dubs. Idr.
25: Tawko - learn some more matchups. As always your games are hype.
aerolink- You and denti quit going to time! Lol.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I was pretty salty I didn't make any money back or anything for all of my effort in low-tier ;p
But that was still no excuse for him to dump it all on first if the tournament advertised that all payouts were 60/30/10. That spells unprofessionalism on all counts. On yours because you knew that coming into the tournament that it would be a low paying affair(the real difference between first and second was only $12, not much), so you had no right to complain, even though you did a good job at LT, about the payout. It also fell on the TO's shoulders for reasons that I made VERY clear on the tournament thread itself, but flat out chose to ignore me in a nonchalant manner.

If you are really mad salty about your payout, here is something to do between now and the next WT, Learn to advertise properly! Dime 5 had 55 people just because they organized their post with professionalism, and listened to criticism when it came. By ignoring me, your overall numbers suffered to the point where it is just the usual 25 people who showed up.

But that was still no excuse for him to dump it all on first if the tournament advertised that all payouts were 60/30/10. That spells unprofessionalism on all counts. On yours because you knew that coming into the tournament that it would be a low paying affair(the real difference between first and second was only $12, not much), so you had no right to complain, even though you did a good job at LT, about the payout. It also fell on the TO's shoulders for reasons that I made VERY clear on the tournament thread itself, but flat out chose to ignore me in a nonchalant manner.

If you are really mad salty about your payout, here is something to do between now and the next WT, Learn to advertise properly! Dime 5 had 55 people just because they organized their post with professionalism, and listened to criticism when it came. By ignoring me, your overall numbers suffered to the point where it is just the usual 25 people who showed up.

Wat...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU MUST BE CONFUSED SIR

>.> I'm Luck, the guy that got 3rd, I had nothing to do with WT except for playing in the tournament. I didn't expect anything $ related till I started doing well and had my hopes up.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
My usual number is 17.
25 was a step up.

Plus, no one says "this thread is so professional. I'll go to this tourney!"
Dime had a lot of players because its not held in a city with 4,000 population(Lindale) or advertised in a city with 100k population(Tyler)
Plus dime is a big name in the melee tx scene.

Also, please note that a carpool of guys came from Austin, and this was their first tournament. When asked how they heard about it, they said "smashboards thread"
So. Looks like the thread not being all pretty didn't hurt turn-out after all.

I asked a few players about low tier and if I should pay out top 2. They agreed, cause we had 13 entrants. That was like too small.
Your event, on the other hand, payed out to the top 5 and only had 9 entrants. Which was silly, you should be willing to go back on what was advertised if it meant pay-outs not being silly.

Shout-outs to come.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Iggy was the other toonlink.

shoutouts to me falcon punching denti, runnin the toonlink gauntlet and barely failing, low tier collusion, and glamping.

1: McBad AWESTIN YOU'RE MY HEROOOOO
2: CT Denti SAUR SAURSAURSAURSAUR!
3: Infinity mk's grab is so gooood
4: Light enjoyed the tips and games dude, I think I know what to work on now.
5: Bwett thanks for comin dude.
5: Oracle Always a pleasure other rob.
7: Dizzy we have yet to play any p:m matches against each other lol.
9: Psychoace more p:m warm ups next time
13: Lvl 9 ggs dude
17: Lun4 sorry for double eliminating you in both games lol, infinity did the same to me.

4: Labernash Your zelda ruined my low tier chances!
5: YellowRello Always fun watching you play dude
5: Luck lemme holla at that monkey sometime
7: Hylen close games man.
7: icecream you managed to outlast me this time..
9: Psychoace one step closer
13: Iggy thanks for the toonlink experience lol.
13: Rave THE 2 ON 1s!
13: Isaac come back next time and lets marth ditto.
17: Special K switch to wheaties
17: Saix get rekt
17: Heavy fun dubz stuff man.
17: Rhazzamel Always hype d00d.
25: Tawko TAWKOOOOOO good stuff breakin up our anubis in dubs.

and aerolink for still coming out. LOW TIER HYPE!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
WTF in both singles AND doubles:
1: Denti
2: JNig
3: Neon
4: Labernash
5: Luck

Shoutouts!

Denti: Wow what an amazing GF set, definitely a favorite of mine to remember! You brought out the best of me, next time I'll seal the deal! I feel that was me bridging the gap between us, and I can't wait til the next time we play! #onegameaway And that low tier GF with AeroLink... I am speechless, yet glad it didn't come to that when we played in normal singles lol
JNig: 2nd and 2nd yet again. Win for once!
Neon: Nice stuff man, reminded me of Cyphus back in the day, really shifty DK. I hope running that gauntlet of matches didn't wear you out by the time you had to play me, cuz if it did, I'd be glad to play you as fresh as can be!
Labernash: Ah yes, the great and powerful Labernash, good showing this time around, you better get good from what I've told/shown you, so we can play in bracket in the most (un)gentlemanly Wario dittos!
Luck Bob: It was fun seeing you again, one day we should team and take our Jim and Bob personas to a new level!
Icecream: Good tourney once again, next time I'll actually take my TV out of my car so things will run quicker, every setup counts!
AeroLink: Thanks for teaming with me, we did pretty well save for getting destroyed by an actual static team. And good stuff bringing it to game 11! and beating Denti lol
Infinity: Best trash talker NA haha, it's all love tho

Could I ask for next time that if we don't have a stream, could we at least get infinite replays going again and someone actually upload the matches (Who's Tyler 6, anyone?)? It would be greatly appreciated! I had a great time, played a good bit of people this time, and I'll hopefully be at the next one!

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I'd say its a pretty average match-up actually (considering every match-up spread). It's a solid +2 but it's not like toonlink can't do anything *cough* bombs *cough*.

It's not really a difficulty issue, I just find playing 3 campy characters right in a row to be kind of wearing on you after a while.

We'll have infinite replay next time jnig. Rave has the sd card for it, but no one asked about it I imagine lol.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
are you kidding me bombs are completely punishable. even if you nado and the bomb explodes you're still in an advantageous position

current users viewing the thread: bombitty LOLOL

Psychoace

Smash Champion
That's like one particular situation, that didn't even effect my play most of the time. The problems I had were probably person specific anyway. The situations(in the one set of three I barely lost in at last stock high percent) in which bombs messed me up were when I was baited into them and killed off the top or put in a bad spot, and being walled out with boomerang and arrows. I have a problem auto piloting and playing to aggro in specific situations *i.e. getting frustrated with getting walled out.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
you should be able to punish the arrows in particular. the moves you should use the most as mk are probably nado, dtilt, uair, nair, grab. ftilt is unsafe. for your purposes just stick with nado, dtilt, uair, nair, and grab. some dsmash for the kill but be careful (don't be predictable when you kill). also maybe some fair but nado is just completely better...

if you have wifi you can also play me and I can help with the matchup

Denti

Smash Master
Denti: Wow what an amazing GF set, definitely a favorite of mine to remember! You brought out the best of me, next time I'll seal the deal! I feel that was me bridging the gap between us, and I can't wait til the next time we play! #onegameaway And that low tier GF with AeroLink... I am speechless, yet glad it didn't come to that when we played in normal singles lol
I had to re think my entire game on the 2nd set. ggs

Top Bottom