• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Tyler? 6! $100 Pot Bonus! - September 21st, 2013 - Lindale, TX

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Who's Tyler? 6

*please listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO6AFnJBAZg (Preview) while reading*

I am very honored and proud to announce that WT6 has been chosen by Alex Strife to be apart of the Apex Team as we are considered and Apex Qualifier. This is a VERY big deal for the city as well as the state of Texas so please show up and support this event!

Now lets get down to some details, shall we? In order for this event to stay an Apex qualifier, we need a minimum of 32 entrants. Once the magic number has been hit, X amount of players (real amount coming soon...) will receive Apex points that will boost your seeding at Apex 2014 early next year. To top all of this off, i am going to throw down a $100 pot bonus to 1vs1 singles just because i am filthy rich and i use $100 bills to wipe with.

Venue/Date

September 21st, 2013 (this is a Saturday)
Name: Lindale Public Library

Address:
210 E Hubbard

Lindale Tx 75771

Phone: (903) 882-1900

General Rules:

This section is meant to cover some non smash rules. It is really simple stuff but kids these days seem to not have common sense so I am forced to remind you of certain things.

This venue is a LIBRARY so please pay attention to the following:

No drugs. Tell Cheech and Chong to hold your stash while you smash.
No drinking (unless it is Dr Pepper).
No screaming and cursing (innocent children don't need to hear your poo poo language)
Please respect the staff and the equipment they provide. If this does not happen, I lose the venue.
If you want smoke, go outside and get cancer there.

That is pretty much it. It is common sense stuff. If I see people breaking these rules, I will personally slam my fist into your face so hard that it will turn your jaw bone into gravel. After that, I will have my personal body guards tie you up and blast CRAZY BUS ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC0cvwnG0Ik (Preview) ) in both ears until your bleed. DEAL WITH IT!

Schedule:

10am: Doors open
11am: Registration starts
12:30pm: Registration closes for Doubles
1pm: Doubles starts
3pm: registration for singles starts
4pm: Singles bracket starts
7pm/finals of singles: Side event starts
11pm: Get out

*if you show up early you can play friendlies and do MMs. Once the event starts there will be no friendlies*

Game rules:

Brawl:
APEX 2014 Rule-set:

Project: Melee 2.6b(or newest version):
TBD:

Prices:

Venue: $5 per person

Brawl Singles: $10 per person
Brawl Doubles: $5 per person ($10 per team)

Project: M 2.6b: (or newest version) Singles: $5 per person
Project: Me2.6b: (or newest Version) Doubles: $5 per person ($10 per team)

Low tier Doubles: (F tier only): 2$ per person (4$ per team)

Pay-outs:

Brawl Singles
1st=45%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=9%
5th=3%
5th=3%

Brawl Doubles:
1st=55%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%
4th=5%

P:M Singles:
1st == 60%
2nd == 30%
3rd == 10%
P:M Doubles:
1st == 60%
2nd == 30%
3rd == 10%

Low Tier Doubles:
1st == 60%
2nd == 30%
3rd == 10%

APEX Qualifying Points Distribution:

Coming soon.......

Live-Stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/totes_magotes_live

Other:

1. PLEASE BRING FULL SETUPS (wii/tv/ssbb). if you bring a full setup you will have your venue fee waived. Remember, the speed of an event is 90% based on how many setups you have. So the more setups are available, it will mean the event finishing faster and more time for friendlies or MMs.

2. Housing is available so if you need it, please post in this thread! We have a couple people here who would be willing to let you stay with them so please ask asap before spaces fill up.

3. If you have ANY questions/comments or concerns, please please post in this thread, message me on Facebook (Jared Frazier) or text/call me at 903-521-7233 and leave a message with your name and number in the event I do not answer.

4. Confirmed players you may be interested in seeing/meeting/playing:

Denti
ALSM

New GIF I don't really like the other one anymore:

D

Deleted member

I might come to this for P:M, it is an hour away though...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LMAO i see you took a page out of my thread creation book. Nice job!!!!

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
First. Also get hyped. Add info about the marathon the following day. It will Kore than likely be held at geek world since their internet us a bit more stable than the library. And I can probably get the venue for free as payment for running their kaijudi events.

Damn. Xyro and that other guy beat me. 3rd isn't so bad right?

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
You can curse at the library but please try to be tasteful about it. like, I just want a positive environment, since there will be so many people in one place.
And people go crazy in large groups, so I want to cut salt.
I.E. "F U U F'ING SUCK SO MUCH D MUTHER F'R" is bad
"GOOD S MY MAN" is fine

@Aliami Armador That's so cool, thank you so much!

trytowinthewardude

Smash Rookie
This venue is a LIBRARY so please pay attention to the following:

No drugs. Tell Cheech and Chong to hold your stash while you smash.
No drinking (unless it is Dr Pepper).
No screaming and cursing (innocent children don't need to hear your poo poo language)
Please respect the staff and the equipment they provide. If this does not happen, I lose the venue.
If you want smoke, go outside and get cancer there.

Hey Icecream, what about Lucario pr0nz? Is that cool?

...Hypocrite...

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
If I'm not working, I'll show up. If I'm working (expecting to be hired by a Longview company next week if everything works that route), then I won't be able to make this and WHOBO might be in jeopardy.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
If I'm not working, I'll show up. If I'm working (expecting to be hired by a Longview company next week if everything works that route), then I won't be able to make this and WHOBO might be in jeopardy.
Blasphemy. But I can understand. We would probably have to ask LA for a lift if you can't go. I'm sure limbo or gunner or someone from there wouldnt mind especially if we helped with gas.

D

Deleted member

I might attend this, if I get hired for this job. Then I'll have enough money to stay at a hotel and go to this.

D

Deleted member

I might attend this, if I get hired for this job. Then I'll have enough money to stay at a hotel and go to this.
We might be able to team in P:M if we both come.
Then again, school is a *****.

D

Deleted member

Psychoace is probably the best person to bask for housing if needed.
Yeah, but my Mom wants to come to.

Maybe she'll get me house somewhere with my brother, but idk, she gets skeptical about things.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but my Mom wants to come to.

Maybe she'll get me house somewhere with my brother, but idk, she gets skeptical about things.
We could both stay in the same hotel or get housing from someone.
About that, does anyone have housing space for 2-3 people?

Labernash

Smash Lord
HEY HEY LOE1 YOU SHOULD COME ME AND JNIG WILL BE THERE HYPE HYPE HYPE l SEE YOU COME ON MY MAN

D

Deleted member

Me, Torin, and Scotch98 should be attending this by carpool if things go well.
TR8NR can't come due to school overloads. :(

I heard that this wasn't an APEX qualifier anymore on the Facebook group.
I don't think it is anymore. Denti's tournament (Apocalypse) is.

Also, I posted this on Facebook but I'm posting it again:
Instead of using Oracle's LTC Series Ruleset, could we try the Topmost Ruleset? It's a little more logical. I don't think people want to play on stages like Port Town in finals, lol.

Topmost Project: Melee Ruleset:

::Character Legality:
All Characters are legal that are in-game.
Note: The characters Kirby, Yoshi, Samus, Olimar, and the Ice Climbers are not in Project: Melee at this time.
Note: All of the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon are now their own character with their own new Down+B.

::Stage Legality:
Key: (Both) = Singles and Doubles.
(1v1) = Singles Only.
(2v2) = Doubles Only.
(X) = Banned.

::NEUTRAL: (Round one)
(Both) Battlefield
(Both) Dreamland 64
(Both) Final Destination
(Both) Smashville
(Both) Pokemon Stadium 2 (Note: This stages has transitions taken out of it)
(1v1) Yoshi's Story (Melee)
(2v2) Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
(1v1) Fountain Of Dreams
(2v2) SSE: Jungle

::COUNTER-PICK: (Other rounds)
(Both) Skyloft
(Both) Norfair
(Both) Rumble Falls
(Both) Dracula's Castle
(Both) Skyworld
(Both) Lylat Cruise
(Both) Kongo Jungle 64 (Banned in finals)
(Both) Jungle Japes (Banned in finals)
(Both) Pokemon Stadium 1 (Banned in finals)
(Both) Halberd (Banned in finals)
(Both) Castle Siege (Banned in finals)
(Both) Delfino Plaza (Banned in finals)
(1v1) Green Hill Zone
(1v1) Metal Cavern
(1v1) WarioWare
(2v2) Hyrule Castle 64 (Banned in finals)
(2v2) Saffron City 64 (Banned in finals)
(2v2) Fourside (Banned in finals)

::Banned Stages:
(X) Brinstar - Reason for Ban: Unfair Lava.
(X) Onett - Reason for Ban: Unfair Cars.
(X) Hyrule Castle (Melee) - Reason for Ban: Too big of an area. Also, Blast zones are semi-broken.
(X) Big Blue (Melee) - Reason for Ban: Unfair Cars.
(X) Port Town - Reason for Ban: Unfair Transitions and Cars.
(X) Pirate Ship - Reason for Ban: Unfair Transitions, Gravity breaks, Bombs, and the randomized catapult.
(X) Summit - Reason for Ban: Unfair Fish and Gravity breaks.
(X) Rainbow Cruise - Reason for Ban: Auto Scrolling takes away from gameplay.
(X) Corneria - Reason for Ban: Unfair Arwings and unfair Camping Areas.
(X) Pictochat - Reason for Ban: Unfair Transitions. Randomized elements.
(X) Flat Zone 2 - Reason for Ban: Unfair Transitions and broken Blast Zones.
(X) Frigate Orpheon - Reason for Ban: Unfair Transitions. (Also, reported lag with high-poly characters in doubles)
(X) Shadow Moses Island - Reason for Ban: Distracting elements and to many walls that allow for Fox's infinite wall combos.
(X) Mario Circuit - Reason for Ban: Unfair Cars.

::Stage Striking (Banning) Method is 1-2-2-1
(On the first round of a set, players play rock paper scissors to decide who bans stages first)
(Who started striking first last round doesn't get to strike first the next round.)
(First player bans one stage, second player bans two, first player bans one, second player picks one)
(In P:M you can press X on the stage select screen to ban a stage.)

::GENERAL RULES:
Items are set to off and none. (Items are banned due to their unfair advantage when used.)
Stock and Time are set to 4 Stock and 8 Minutes. (This is to make sure the tournament runs fairly and fast and the game is skill based.)
Buffer is turned off.
Random/Locked/Forced character select is illegal. Players may pick whatever character they may want each match of a set.
Regular sets are best of 3. (First to 2)
Finals are best of 5. (First to 3)
Pausing is set to off. If a player pauses mid-match, the pausing player must suicide one of their own stocks.
DSR is set to standard. (Players may not counterpick any stage you have won on in the set unless agreed upon by your opponent.)
Banned stages don't carry over though matches or sets. You have to re-ban stages if you don't want them.
Any stage (even if banned) can be played on if it is agreed on by all players.
Any stage can be played on regardless of legality (Even if it's doubles or singles only) as long as both players agree to play on said banned stage.
If the clock reaches 0, the match will be decided first by stocks (lives left), then by percentage of current stock. If both players have the same percentage, a 3 minute 1 stock match is to be played to determine the winner.
The 'Ice Climbers' Glitch (Aliami's Glitch) is banned.
'Fobbling' (Dual hitbox PK-Fire knockback canceling) is legal.
Ledge Stalling (Staying on the ledge for extended periods of time) is legal.
Raising Pound spam (Jigglypuff Side+B roundabout Up) is legal.
Chain Grabs (grab-grab-grab) are legal.
Name Tags are legal, as long as they are not offensive or vulgar.
Offensive or inappropriate musics or models are banned.
We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the setup you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
A Tournament Official will resolve all disputes between players.

::DOUBLES ONLY RULES:
Life Stealing is allowed. (Press A+B to steal a stock from your teammate when you run out)
Team attack is set ON.
General rules apply.

D

Deleted member

Sounds like the best way to end things. I'd like Port Town in Finals. (Even though I won't make it to finals haha)

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Idc what rule set is run, whatever pm guys prefer just do that.

We aren't a qualifier anymore, but the $100 pot bonus is still in place.
Keep up with Facebook, smashboards went down less than a week from this thread going up, and came back up yesterday, with the tourney Saturday.
So everything that happened happened on FB tinyurl.com/brawltyler

D

Deleted member

What happened? How come you guys don't qualify for APEX anymore?

Top Bottom